In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 4th, 2019 at 3:37:04 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: AZDuffman
As a former pro, I can offer some advice. The best stuff was taken off the market, for no reason but that is that. "Spray" doesn't do much. You need boric acid or some other kind of powder. You are best to go just before dawn, when it is coolest but not light. You need the right tools. You use "spray" to freeze the sentries at the entrance. Then you pump as much boric acid, or whatever the latest powder on the market may be, into the hole. You need a long, heavy object to tear the nest apart. Galvanized 1/2" pipe ideal for bigger nests.

Spray the hole, load it with dust, tear the nest apart, run like hell. Get 15-20 yards away. They will scatter, then sort of swarm to where the nest used to be. Then they will slowly disappear, gone forever. They cannot recover.

You are best to watch for nests forming right now. They start slow, then growth goes parabolic in mid-August. That was when we made fast cash. Woman called husband at work. Husband called us. We quote, $150-250. He says, "Anything, just KHOMA!" We get there and done in less than an hour or so.

Just writing it makes me want to get in the biz again, just for that season!
I can say from experience for even rather large paper nest types like this ...
... that spray works just fine, just have to observe the dawn or dusk rule. I would think you'd agree with that, so it makes me wonder what kind of wasp nests in your area called for different technique? Or was this when you lived elsewhere? I guess you may be referring to this type of hornets nest , which I've never tackled...
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 4th, 2019 at 3:50:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit

Second type. First type if it is small enough we would just scrape it off.
The President is a fink.
July 4th, 2019 at 3:54:51 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
... Why not interview the transgenders and get their side...If winning a race brings some joy to their lives, I'm all for it.
Well, we disagree, and it stuns me that even the transgenders themselves fully support this, I wouldn't have predicted it. Especially with the dudes who haven't changed a thing but their name.

I will admit one thing, though, there is a bit of the misogynist in most men I have to think, and I have enough in me to see just a tiny, just a tiny, bit of ironic humor in the fact that the folks who pushed for more emphasis for women's sports in schools etc, being the types [I have to think] that accepted quickly that transgender rights are also important to advance, are completely stymied when faced with this development. They seem quite stunned.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 4th, 2019 at 4:22:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Well, we disagree, and it stuns me that even the transgenders themselves fully support this, I wouldn't have predicted it. Especially with the dudes who haven't changed a thing but their name.

Don't be disturbed at what they support. Generally they are both deeply disturbed individuals as well as attention-whores. IIRC, EB mentioned that the way to ruin a tranny's day is to not act shocked at how they dress, totally ignore it. They are dressing and acting as they do for attention, when they do not get it they are crestfallen.

Quote:
I will admit one thing, though, there is a bit of the misogynist in most men I have to think, and I have enough in me to see just a tiny, just a tiny, bit of ironic humor in the fact that the folks who pushed for more emphasis for women's sports in schools etc, being the types [I have to think] that accepted quickly that transgender rights are also important to advance, are completely stymied when faced with this development. They seem quite stunned.

Stunned they will be. They are not stand-up enough to tell a guy he belongs in the men's sports, not playing with the girls. They are instead wishy-washy types afraid to take a stand on anything. IMHO, most women who play sports know they are playing for themselves, not to get an audience. Women's sports will always be just a fraction of interest that men's sports have. There will always be fewer women even wanting to compete vs. men's sports.

Most women who compete are OK with this, or at the least accept it. Now, though, they are being told they have to compete with boys who cannot handle competing with the boys. This is not a good thing. Someone needs to tell the trannys "TOUGH" when they cry about wanting to compete with the girls.
The President is a fink.
July 4th, 2019 at 9:10:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Man poses as woman on dating apps to rob them. Since he approached them from behind with a gun, he didn't really need to do anything other than falsely identify himself as a woman on the app.

Men are probably easier to do this to, since women are often more cautious about where they meet someone.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-posed-as-woman-to-lure-men-on-dating-apps-car-jack-them-prosecutors-say/ar-AADR96C?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 4th, 2019 at 10:38:16 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

Yup. Terp must not know a single athlete. Imagine spending your entire life dedicated to a goal only to have some juiced up goon walk right over you, not because he's trained better or is more skilled, but just because he's soaked in chemicals his whole life. You want your sister or your mama lined up opposite me?

Women's league, for the pinnacle of low testosterone sport.

Open league, for anyone good enough.

Sorted.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
July 4th, 2019 at 10:52:28 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Face
Yup. Terp must not know a single athlete. Imagine spending your entire life dedicated to a goal only to have some juiced up goon walk right over you, not because he's trained better or is more skilled, but just because he's soaked in chemicals his whole life. You want your sister or your mama lined up opposite me?

Women's league, for the pinnacle of low testosterone sport.

Open league, for anyone good enough.

Sorted.

Its high school sports. The prize is a scholarship. College track coahes dont care about wins, all they want to know is times.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 4th, 2019 at 12:57:59 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
Man poses as woman on dating apps to rob them.....
This is becoming more common. some women go out on a date with a man so her boyfriend and fellow thieves can loot his home.
July 4th, 2019 at 1:20:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
This is becoming more common. some women go out on a date with a man so her boyfriend and fellow thieves can loot his home.

That's an old one. Date a tourist
in Vegas, pickpocket his room
key, hand it off to a boyfriend.
Old as the hills.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 6th, 2019 at 4:52:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Mad magazine, a pioneer of modern satire, will soon cease publishing new content

I can't say I ever read more than 1-2 issues. It was funny, but not enough to try to talk my parents into a subscription. But this is another sign of changing times.
The President is a fink.