July 6th, 2019 at 10:53:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

I can't say I ever read more than 1-2 issues. It was funny,

I read it religiously from 1960-64.
But in HS even I was too sophisticated
for it's silliness.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 6th, 2019 at 12:45:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I remember a rather poor imitation of Mad Magazine called "Cracked".

This is funny though

Quote:
An article on Cracked.com, the website which adopted Cracked's name after the magazine perished, joked that the magazine was "created as a knock-off of Mad magazine just over 50 years ago", and it "spent nearly half a century with a fan base primarily comprised of people who got to the store after Mad sold out."[11]
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 7th, 2019 at 10:01:53 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
A lot of Dems are cheering last night's arrest of serial pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. The Dems seem to think that some powerful Republicans will be implicated. But Dems need to be prepared for the possibility that Democrats like Sen John Kerry, Sen Ted Kennedy, Sen Bill Mitchell, and Bill Clinton will be implicated, since Epstein invited all of them to his parties. (Clinton rode on Epstein's private jet at least 10 times.)

The prosecution is being handled by SDNY's Public Corruption Unit, which means some powerful politicians are indeed implicated.

One name keeps re-appearing, though: Donald Trump.

In 2010, Epstein pled the Fifth when asked by a lawyer representing one of Epstein's victims about his relationship with Trump:

Q: Have you ever had a personal relationship with Donald Trump?
A. What do you mean by "personal relationship," sir?
Q. Have you socialized with him?
A. Yes, sir.
Q. Yes?
A. Yes, sir.
Q. Have you ever socialized with Donald Trump in the presence of females under the age of 18?
A: Though I'd like to answer that question, at least today I'm going to have to assert my Fifth, Sixth, and 14th Amendment rights, sir.

Below is a photo of Ghislaine Maxwell, she was the pimp that procured the children for Epstein to molest.

July 7th, 2019 at 10:14:33 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
sex parties generally cross all political lines with the raunchier stuff taking place in the inner circles. I thought he had video and audio recordings of all those outer circles to insure silence.
July 7th, 2019 at 10:14:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Oddly enough though I believe Trump is guilty of various levels of sexual assault, I don't necessarily have a reason to think he might intentionally assault or rape someone under age. Even though he made a weird comment about his daughter.

Clinton, I just don't know. I don't think he would actually have sex with an underage girl.

All to be revealed possibly.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 7th, 2019 at 10:18:37 AM permalink
rxwine
I think the bigger danger to all of them is having witnessed something happening even if they didn't do it themselves. That has both legal and political jeopardy.
July 8th, 2019 at 9:03:43 AM permalink
reno
Quote: rxwine
Oddly enough though I believe Trump is guilty of various levels of sexual assault, I don't necessarily have a reason to think he might intentionally assault or rape someone under age. Even though he made a weird comment about his daughter.

I think it's odd that in Epstein's personal phone book, there were 14 phone numbers listed for Donald Trump, including emergency numbers, car numbers, and numbers to Trump's security guard and houseman.

I think it's odd that in 2002 Trump joked with reporters about Epstein's preference for girls "on the younger side". (If one of your friends is accused of child molestation, jokes might not be appropriate.)

Also, why the hell is Trump standing by Labor Secretary Alex Acosta? There are already a lot of photos of Trump socializing with Epstein, so Trump needs to distance himself from Epstein ASAP. Step 1 is firing Alex Acosta.

Quote: CNN
On February 21, a federal judge ruled that Miami prosecutors, led by then-US Attorney Acosta, broke the law when they arranged a plea deal for billionaire Jeffrey Epstein in 2008 without conferring with his victims. Although Epstein was accused of trafficking children for sex, Acosta allowed him to negotiate an extremely lenient agreement that was kept secret from his victims -- denying them the opportunity to affect the prosecutorial process. Now the victims might have a say: The judge gave the government 15 days to talk with the victims who sued and figure out what remedy should apply... Acosta is now under scrutiny for his handling of Epstein's case, and he could be summoned to testify before Congress.

July 8th, 2019 at 9:12:01 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: reno
I think it's odd...

I admire your restraint.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
July 8th, 2019 at 10:40:17 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Does Roman Polanski post here? What are his views? How about the views of the very experienced young lady who initiated their activities? He came to the attention of the DA only after the girl's mother discovered his wealth and vulnerability to bad publicity.

The age of consent in the USA varied from 9 to 16 for most of our history. Prohibitionists and Teetolalers wanted the age raised as did the antiMixed Foods
(Foreign Foods) groups most of which were funded in Canada, all in a decades long campaign to change breweries and distilleries into a regulated monopoly rather than almost two thousand unregulated and often unprofitable enterprises.

France set the age of consent at 15 and raises it for actual or financial consent-nullifying situations.
July 8th, 2019 at 11:31:38 AM permalink
reno
Quote: Fleastiff
Does Roman Polanski post here? What are his views? How about the views of the very experienced young lady who initiated their activities? He came to the attention of the DA only after the girl's mother discovered his wealth and vulnerability to bad publicity.

The age of consent in the USA varied from 9 to 16 for most of our history. Prohibitionists and Teetolalers wanted the age raised as did the antiMixed Foods
(Foreign Foods) groups most of which were funded in Canada, all in a decades long campaign to change breweries and distilleries into a regulated monopoly rather than almost two thousand unregulated and often unprofitable enterprises.

France set the age of consent at 15 and raises it for actual or financial consent-nullifying situations.

Epstein is accused of kidnapping, not just molestation.