Gun Control

July 10th, 2022 at 2:01:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Mass shootings happen everywhere
School shootings are a uniquely American problem
What other country does those happen on a regular basis?????????
We as a country are bracing ourselves for another school massacre.
Everybody on the planet knows its coming in this country
Just a matter of how soon

Some of the Republican response is so ridiculous. I'm for more mental health being available as well, but we can barely get people to go through a checklist as it is, to prevent the wrong people getting guns. The effort to provide mental health is way more involved than that, and we know from experience Republicans like talking but hate funding social programs like it's a plague. Probably authorize the funds and cut them the next year.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 10th, 2022 at 3:04:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Some of the Republican response is so ridiculous. I'm for more mental health being available as well, but we can barely get people to go through a checklist as it is, to prevent the wrong people getting guns. The effort to provide mental health is way more involved than that, and we know from experience Republicans like talking but hate funding social programs like it's a plague. Probably authorize the funds and cut them the next year.

Why do we need to fund mental health care for a clump of cells?
The President is a fink.
July 10th, 2022 at 3:29:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Why do we need to fund mental health care for a clump of cells?

If you're trying to convince me you're a full grown clump of cells, you're doing a good job
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 10th, 2022 at 3:30:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
If you're trying to convince me you're a full grown clump of cells, you're doing a good job

Not trying to convince you of anything. Asking why you care about these clumps of cells.
The President is a fink.
July 10th, 2022 at 3:42:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Not trying to convince you of anything. Asking why you care about these clumps of cells.

Got any questions that are worth answering? If a clump of cells can fire a gun at anyone, it's worth worrying about.
July 10th, 2022 at 5:23:35 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Got any questions that are worth answering? If a clump of cells can fire a gun at anyone, it's worth worrying about.

I do not worry about getting shot. I stay out of high-crime areas and do not engage in crime. I do not have relatives or associates angry enough to kill me. That pretty much negates most chances of being shot.
The President is a fink.
July 10th, 2022 at 6:50:27 PM permalink
rxwine
I do not worry about getting shot. I stay out of high-crime areas and do not engage in crime. I do not have relatives or associates angry enough to kill me. That pretty much negates most chances of being shot.

What are you grousing about anyway? If you adopted some nearly unadoptable child, you can go ahead a prove it and I'll at least give you some respect. We've probably both given to some children's charity over the years, but hell if I ever give a cent to the "preborn" children, unborn children, or clump of cells if that's all is. You can go on pretending acorns are grown trees and fresh pizza dough is a finished pizza, I really don't give a damn about that kind of silly reasoning. Maybe a pea shooter is a baby gun? If so, I might change my whole opinion of the gun rights issues. That's a plus I guess.
July 10th, 2022 at 7:09:16 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: terapined
No other country has regular mass school shootings like we do.

Is this a great country, or what?

What?!
July 11th, 2022 at 3:00:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
What are you grousing about anyway? If you adopted some nearly unadoptable child, you can go ahead a prove it and I'll at least give you some respect. We've probably both given to some children's charity over the years, but hell if I ever give a cent to the "preborn" children, unborn children, or clump of cells if that's all is. You can go on pretending acorns are grown trees and fresh pizza dough is a finished pizza, I really don't give a damn about that kind of silly reasoning. Maybe a pea shooter is a baby gun? If so, I might change my whole opinion of the gun rights issues. That's a plus I guess.

Grousing? All I saiod is I do not waste my life worrying about being shot. If you want to waste your life worrying about it have at it.

Like I said, you are just a clump of cells. Ask a pregnant woman how that "clump of cells" in her belly is doing. Use those words. I dare you.
The President is a fink.
July 11th, 2022 at 5:39:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Grousing? All I saiod is I do not waste my life worrying about being shot. If you want to waste your life worrying about it have at it.

Like I said, you are just a clump of cells. Ask a pregnant woman how that "clump of cells" in her belly is doing. Use those words. I dare you.

I'm not interested in being you. Telling people for no good reason how to live their life. If a pro-life lady gets ever gets in my face about pro-choice, I'll tell her that right to her face. I promise you.