Ferguson

Page 2 of 8<12345>Last »
August 19th, 2014 at 6:39:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
They drive me crazy too but what are you going to do?

In 1967 we had major riots here. They busted out
every business on both sides of the street in a
2 block area. Almost 50 years later, more than half
of those store fronts and are still boarded up. You
don't crap in your own backyard. Well, smart people
don't, anyway.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 19th, 2014 at 7:40:36 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Tea party pinkies up, listen to the radio making you believe it's all going to just go away on its own. It takes a lot of courage getting out there no matter what the catalyst was. They have more balls than most of America and don't buy into all the excuses and long stories. People in power get scared and it works.

I'm probably guilty of the same foolishness myself with posting on the internet, share this, etc. The way we do things is like passing a note saying how bad this is and expecting someone else to act hoping they get the note.
August 19th, 2014 at 10:50:48 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Uber Vandal
Uber Vandal's picture
Perhaps there is a LAW AGAINST DOING SO:

http://patriciashannon.blogspot.com/2013/01/laws-against-growing-your-ow...

Note the particular location mentioned in the article above:

In June of 2012 Karl Tricamo of Ferguson, Missouri was ordered to tear up his front yard garden in spite of the fact that it clearly violated no zoning ordinance. He chose to stand his ground rather than capitulate to bullying by his city, but it was a difficult fight, and one that a law-abiding citizen should not have to wage. Karl won his fight too, but the city is planning to retaliate by drafting new and stricter gardening ordinances that will prevent him from continuing to plant in the future.

Man I'm a dinosaur! It's illegal to garden but ok to loot, sounds like someplace else I don't want to be.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 20th, 2014 at 4:22:28 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Tea party pinkies up, listen to the radio making you believe it's all going to just go away on its own. It takes a lot of courage getting out there no matter what the catalyst was. They have more balls than most of America and don't buy into all the excuses and long stories. People in power get scared and it works.

What?

First, there is a huge difference between the legitimate protests of folks who believe (...and no one really seems to know what exactly happened; we'll see what the evidence proves) that the young man was shot and shouldn't have been and those folks who are tearing up the town. The protesters care about the town and what happens in it (even if they may be proven wrong in their belief later on); the looters just want to tear up the very town they are supposedly representing. Is anyone stupid enough to think looting EVER does any good?

"More balls"? No, they have no idea how to live in a civilized society. The protesters who don't bust anything up, bring attention to the issue, put pressure on politicians to fix things, etc. are the agents of change. The thugs shooting at police officers, breaking into stores and stealing stuff, etc. are just opportunists who do nothing but make their purported side look dumb. They just trun it all into a bunch of criminal actions.

You can post on the internet and still be active in working to change things...
August 20th, 2014 at 1:51:17 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Looting and destruction just happens with large crowds with the hysteria. Nobody can defend looting but the crowd takes a mind of its own no matter the build up of the crowd. It's a mob mentality.
Ohio State campus used to riot every weekend and it's just a product of a spark and lots of people.
August 20th, 2014 at 1:58:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Looting and destruction just happens with large crowds with the hysteria. Nobody can defend looting but the crowd takes a mind of its own no matter the build up of the crowd. It's a mob mentality.
Ohio State campus used to riot every weekend and it's just a product of a spark and lots of people.

Most riots are a small part of the crowd starting trouble and the rest there to see what happens. Heck, the first night of the G-20 our boss called and said "CLOSE NOW" because he saw trouble on the news. I went towards the park wondering if I would see a riot. I didn't but the next day they really hit. The scumbags took a day longer to get there and I was hardly the only workingman to stroll by on a nice day. Next day different mix.
The President is a fink.
August 20th, 2014 at 2:43:16 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Probably only takes less than 1% of the people to steer the rest.
August 20th, 2014 at 2:55:11 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Something very fishy about the police waiting 10 days to mention that Officer Darren Wilson was severely injured (orbital eye socket blowout) and rushed to the hospital immediately after Michael Brown's death. This should have been mentioned on Day 1 or Day 2 of the riots, not Day 10. Surely a severe head injury completely changes the Officer's story. Was this supposed to be a secret?

And why aren't the police saying this at a press conference in front of TV cameras? Why must this gossip come from an anonymous source who whispered it to a blogger? This whole thing is national news, what's with the secrecy? Hannity interviewed the police chief a week ago, why wasn't this hospitalization acknowledged last week?

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Brown's punch to the face nearly killed Officer Wilson, and maybe Wilson is lucky to be alive. But someone at the police department needs to go on record and confirm (or debunk) this crazy rumor.
August 20th, 2014 at 3:41:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Brown's punch to the face nearly killed Officer Wilson, and maybe Wilson is lucky to be alive. But someone at the police department needs to go on record and confirm (or debunk) this crazy rumor.

The cops can't be like Al Sharpton and MSNBC and just blurt out anything they might have known in the investigation. If they said his eye socket was damaged and it was not then there would be even more heat on all of this.

The more that comes out the more it looks like what I thought it was to start. Kid was pulling a "gangsta act" walking in the road and disrupting traffic. Seen it happen. Cop told him (no need to ask polite for such nonsense) to get out of traffic. He mouthed off, then a scuffle, then the shots.

You can almost script how this stuff comes out.
The President is a fink.
August 20th, 2014 at 7:13:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
The cops can't be like Al Sharpton and MSNBC and just blurt out anything they might have known in the investigation. If they said his eye socket was damaged and it was not then there would be even more heat on all of this.

There is a lesson here direct from many political races. You can't let information or attacks in the form of rumors go unanswered. It doesn't go away, it festers and becomes malignant if people let it go days or weeks unanswered.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 2 of 8<12345>Last »