Ferguson

Page 3 of 8<123456>Last »
August 21st, 2014 at 1:23:10 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Actually I think any and all media fails on this. There isn't much to talk about, they start with just a fact and move inch by inch totally distorting from the original position. If you're not quite alert, you don't notice what they're doing and most don't. They start adding their ideas hypothesizing until even the host can't remember where they started and what is real anymore.
August 21st, 2014 at 2:40:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
There is a lesson here direct from many political races. You can't let information or attacks in the form of rumors go unanswered. It doesn't go away, it festers and becomes malignant if people let it go days or weeks unanswered.

This is true, but if you do not yet have all the facts you cannot just go on TV with the partial facts you have as it might change.
The President is a fink.
August 21st, 2014 at 3:41:23 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman
This is true, but if you do not yet have all the facts you cannot just go on TV with the partial facts you have as it might change.
Sorry pal... but when the guy in the video truck on location is giving you that Three, Two, One.... you are then ON THE AIR and need to say something that will bring RATINGS you can't say 'This is SoAnn So on location without any facts who will wait patiently for an autopsy report and Grand Jury verdict'.
August 21st, 2014 at 4:16:15 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
I'm not in the trade but it is generally best to get the facts, validate them and get them out quickly. In this case there are a lot of moving parts with city/state attorneys opining as to how to CYA for the inevitable lawsuit(s) that will follow. Messy.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
August 21st, 2014 at 4:17:54 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Sharpton and his ilk make me sick. When will people wake up and realize that he brings nothing to the table? He isn't "helping" those that may be oppressed or hurting; he is using them. People in need can use help, not someone who profits off of their neediness.
August 21st, 2014 at 7:51:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
Sorry pal... but when the guy in the video truck on location is giving you that Three, Two, One.... you are then ON THE AIR and need to say something that will bring RATINGS you can't say 'This is SoAnn So on location without any facts who will wait patiently for an autopsy report and Grand Jury verdict'.

You are talking two different things. You are talking about the media. I am talking the cops and I.A. doing their investigation. Those guys need to keep quiet.
The President is a fink.
August 21st, 2014 at 10:36:47 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: terapined
I've wanting to say this for awhile and this seems to be an appropriate place since I have the attention of both of you,
I got into with both you and AZ earlier this year on the Vegas board.
My response was over the top and stupid. I apologize. I was very disappointed in myself.
No problem. In fact, I wasn't even upset or anything. To be honest, there's really nothing that anyone on the internet can say that would make me angry because I don't take the opinions of random people (whom I've never even met before) seriously...lol. There are a couple of proven liars (I won't name names...haha) who are very annoying, but that's about it.
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 21st, 2014 at 5:36:03 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Quote: Beethoven
No problem. In fact, I wasn't even upset or anything. To be honest, there's really nothing that anyone on the internet can say that would make me angry because I don't take the opinions of random people (whom I've never even met before) seriously...lol. There are a couple of proven liars (I won't name names...haha) who are very annoying, but that's about it.
Sounds like a bet. Details would need to be agreed to beforehand. I bet I didn't lie at the point you said so was an outright lie.
August 21st, 2014 at 11:44:41 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Sounds like a bet. Details would need to be agreed to beforehand. I bet I didn't lie at the point you said so was an outright lie.
Withdrawn. I cannot deal with dishonorable people.
August 22nd, 2014 at 12:12:58 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Of the 160 arrests, less than 10 are from
Ferguson. The rest heard about the easy
pickins and trucked in for the spoils.
Same ol story, different year..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 3 of 8<123456>Last »