Ferguson

Page 4 of 8<1234567>Last »
August 22nd, 2014 at 12:25:27 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Uh oh.....landlord sounds like he's getting mad. Hope he doesn't evict me from his head. lol...

I think he just needs to lie down. :D
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 22nd, 2014 at 1:18:36 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: Beethoven
Uh oh.....landlord sounds like he's getting mad. Hope he doesn't evict me from his head. lol...

I think he just needs to lie down. :D
A top reason people don't post at dt
August 22nd, 2014 at 2:31:54 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Hey Face, what exactly does a member need to do to get warned/suspended around here?

Looks like we have a troublemaker on our hands who insults people, calls them names and lies about it, and then resumes his personal attacks afterward.

What's the deal? I'd never be able to get away with such behavior. Here I was minding my own business in my own thread, and then the L-man needlessly barges in trying to pick a fight.

Kids these days...
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 22nd, 2014 at 2:40:01 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Hey Face, what exactly does a member need to do to get warned/suspended around here?

Looks like we have a troublemaker on our hands who insults people, calls them names and lies about it, and then resumes his personal attacks afterward.

What's the deal? I'd never be able to get away with such behavior. Here I was minding my own business in my own thread, and then the L-man needlessly barges in trying to pick a fight.

Kids these days...
Please I suggest you use a pacifier and get help.
August 22nd, 2014 at 4:40:33 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: 1nickelmiracle

A top reason people don't post at dt

When I saw this link, I thought hmm, interesting, not as busy here as Vegas board. Lets see.
I clicked and actually had a good laugh.

We need more humor postings on this site.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 22nd, 2014 at 4:44:12 AM permalink
terapined
I thought your boy Obama was going to fix everything in the country?

No I voted against Rommney who was going to break everything in the country :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 22nd, 2014 at 4:47:07 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined
No I voted against Rommney who was going to break everything in the country :-)
If you don't think Nobama has broken everything I believe you are not paying attention.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
August 22nd, 2014 at 6:00:28 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: chickenman
If you don't think Nobama has broken everything I believe you are not paying attention.

Huh?
This is reality.
My life doesn't change one single iota no matter who is President.
Lets get real, Bozo the clown could be President and my life remains the same.
I get up, ride my bike to work. I take my RV to music festivals. Vacation a few times a year in Vegas.
No matter who is President, my life goes on as it has for the last 55 years.
Say Rommney was President instead of Obama, how will it affect my life? Not one Iota.

Local politics affects my life a little bit, National politics, I simply follow for entertainment purposes.
Boy I wish Bozo was President, I would be so entertained.
August 22nd, 2014 at 6:17:59 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
I've blocked B9 and blocked a thread and that has made this board much more pleasureable to me. If I want to watch FoxNews, it's on my TV. If I want to listen to banal observations, I'll watch the View (or MSNBC). If I want to see trolling, I'll put on a fishing show.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, back to Ferguson.

I've spent a long time thinking about it. Essentially, if you get in any situation where another person might kill you without impunity, you might want to do exactly what the person is telling you do if you don't want to get killed.

I really don't care what he did 10 minutes before -- most people who get involved in an unarmed robbery end up getting arrested peacefully. What's clear is that all eyewitness accounts describe some sort of initial confrontation that provoked the police officer into losing his cool and taking what probably will end up as inappropriate action. That was a mistake. People sometimes die because they misjudge a lethal situation and a cop (or anyone) with a gun is a lethal situation.

While it's sad that he died, and sad that it looks like the actions may have been racially motivated (I don't know), if you do something stupid in front of someone with a lethal weapon, you run a higher probability of getting yourself into trouble, and that's what happened here.
August 22nd, 2014 at 6:38:00 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: boymimbo
Anyway, back to Ferguson.

I've spent a long time thinking about it. Essentially, if you get in any situation where another person might kill you without impunity, you might want to do exactly what the person is telling you do if you don't want to get killed.

Exactly--if you are in the middle of the road and a cop tells you to get out of the road, get out of the road. You are walking where it is generally unacceptable and probably illegal. Defying a cop just to be defiant is pointless.

I really don't care what he did 10 minutes before -- most people who get involved in an unarmed robbery end up getting arrested peacefully. What's clear is that all eyewitness accounts describe some sort of initial confrontation that provoked the police officer into losing his cool and taking what probably will end up as inappropriate action. That was a mistake. People sometimes die because they misjudge a lethal situation and a cop (or anyone) with a gun is a lethal situation.

I don't think it is clear at all. I think it is clear what one side wants us to believe, but not the whole story, We don't have it yet. Drawing conclusions with the information we have now is premature.

--The Office was treated for injuries. What were they? How did he get them?
--The thug (yes, thug) committed unarmed robbery and battery--battery being a crime of violence. Was that information given to the police via radio?
--What did the thug do besides injuring the police office (again, if he did that)? What was his behavior?

While it's sad that he died, and sad that it looks like the actions may have been racially motivated (I don't know), if you do something stupid in front of someone with a lethal weapon, you run a higher probability of getting yourself into trouble, and that's what happened here.

It is sad that he died. Even saying that it "looks like" the actions may have been been racially motivated is a stretch with the information we have. The race baiters WANT us to think that, of course...
Page 4 of 8<1234567>Last »