Pot Legalized

Page 4 of 52<1234567>Last »
July 26th, 2014 at 11:22:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Nareed
I predict pot will be legal in most of America within ten years. By then some other drugs will be legal in some states.

I think it will create some more difficulties for athletics. With a legal environment, more people will encounter times where there is a lot of second hand smoke even if they aren't smoking themselves. Although I'm not sure what amount is enough to trigger a positive test result.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 26th, 2014 at 12:10:34 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
oh Bob! Always so charmingly opinionated! Why is it alcoholics always look down on pot heads, potheads look down on crack heads, crackheads look down on junkies. Who's to say that your drug is better or more legal than my drug? Are you really that much more coherent when drunk than someone who's stoned? and for the record Bob, my drug is also alcohol. This weed is just a curiosity. But now I'm thinking about the value in keeping all the packaging, maybe I'll collect them all and sell the empties on eBay!
July 26th, 2014 at 3:50:35 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
I think it will create some more difficulties for athletics. With a legal environment, more people will encounter times where there is a lot of second hand smoke even if they aren't smoking themselves. Although I'm not sure what amount is enough to trigger a positive test result.

As far as I know pot isn't a performance enhancing drug. the only reason it's illegal in sports is that it's illegal everywhere in the first place.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 26th, 2014 at 4:22:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: zippyboy
Who's to say that your drug is better or more legal than my drug? !

I'm to say from my own experience. I smoked
weed 4-5 times a week for a year in 1970.
When you could buy a fat ounce for $10.
I had a 3rd shift job and sometimes have
3 beers across the street before the shift
started. Got a little buzzed, not drunk at
all. Did fine on my job operating machinery.

A few times I sat in my car in the lot and had
a couple tokes on a joint instead. Big mistake.
I was just a little high, and could not do my
job effectively. I constantly missed things and
was moving way too slow. Happened every
time, so I quit doing it.

It's dangerous stuff, I finally gave it up. Years
later I would come across potheads in their 40's
who still smoked, and they thought they were
smart and clever living their potential. It was
laughable. They did just enough to keep their
jobs, were mostly in debt, and thought their
lives were going far better than they were.

If you investigate, you'll see story after story
where smoking weed either stopped a person
from having a career, or stopped the career in
midstream. Weed is a fooler, and it's fools who
get fooled.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 27th, 2014 at 3:56:08 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Bob, I completely agree. I don't know how anyone goes through life stoned on today's higher THC weed. Personally, I take a couple hits before bed and it knocks me right out and keeps me asleep for the whole night. But I can't have a conversation or watch TV on the stuff. But it's legal now for the medical needs of folks for whom pain pills aren't doing the trick. Weed increases appetite for those on cancer medication, and suppresses seizures in certain epilepsy patients. There is weed out there with low THC, but higher percentages CBD, of the anti seizure stuff. It's not all purely recreational.
July 27th, 2014 at 5:07:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

It's dangerous stuff, I finally gave it up. Years
later I would come across potheads in their 40's
who still smoked, and they thought they were
smart and clever living their potential. It was
laughable. They did just enough to keep their
jobs, were mostly in debt, and thought their
lives were going far better than they were.

get fooled.

I had a conversation about this just this morning, about our old college friend. Pothead of the first order. So lazy he dropped a class in which he had an "A" because it was too far to walk. So lazy he at the nadir of his use he left the apartment basically once a week, to buy his stash on Friday afternoon, for which he would hop a ride of a block when we went for beer and walk back. So lazy he didn't want to walk to the pot rally a prof held on campus. The prof was himself a piece of work, the guy stayed home and drank. His parents probably have kept him off the street, but I doubt he changed his ways. I doubt he had the ambition to deal to finance his habit.

What I saw was how weed just slows you down. To listen to this guy talk, even when not stoned, was like watching a movie with the tape going at 80% speed. A shame as he was otherwise super-intelligent.
The President is a fink.
July 27th, 2014 at 5:21:09 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Agreed. It's great that the government is getting a tax grab to make its population more stupid.

Pot smoking should be tied to medical uses only. The government shouldn't be allowing chemicals that hurt people to be sold in a free and open market.
July 27th, 2014 at 6:18:48 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
The writers on drugs do television and movies. Not sure what they're on, but some of the crazy stuff on adult swim late at night just has to be sourced from drug use. Then the rappers and musicians too you know do drugs. Just saying they do.
July 27th, 2014 at 6:37:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
What I saw was how weed just slows you down. To listen to this guy talk, even when not stoned, was like watching a movie with the tape going at 80% speed. A shame as he was otherwise super-intelligent.

Years ago I read an interview with Buddy Hackett.
He started smoking weed on the nightclub circuit
in the late 40's. He got high with the musicians
every night for about two years. He said he thought
he was on his way during this period, he was a star
in the making. It took his agent to take him aside
and tell him if he didn't get off the reefer, he was
going to lose his career. Hackett quit using and realized
the dope was killing his creativity, and making him
think he was doing great. He never used it again.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 27th, 2014 at 8:33:18 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: Evenbob
get fooled.
That's so true. People who still get high on a regular basis over the age of, say, 30 are some of the biggest losers I've ever met in my life. Without exception, all of the habitual adult stoners I've known are completely detached from reality and can barely hold down a job.

But what really cracks me up is when I hear these morons criticize cigarette smokers. (As if marijuana is some sort of health food, while tobacco is poison.)

For the record, I've known plenty of chain smokers throughout my life, and I can honestly say that the majority of them were some of the hardest working guys I've ever met. Hell, they'd probably be LESS productive if they couldn't smoke. Not so with potheads.
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
Page 4 of 52<1234567>Last »