Do it yourself

September 20th, 2021 at 9:55:45 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I would like to do a Santa sleigh display, but make it look like a crash site. Have a smoke machine running, and instead of Christmas lights have some fire and emergency lights flashing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 20th, 2021 at 9:56:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
I have always wanted to do a basic Christmas lights for my house but I am too lazy. I don't know what it costs but if I could find someone to decorate my house for $300 and come take it down I would pay them every year.

I would shoot somebody trying to put a Christmas light on my house. I absolutely detest Christmas and have for over 20 years. I love June because it's the farthest away you can get from Christmas in either direction. Christmas is a kids holiday and nothing but a giant pain in the ass for adults. If it happened every 5 years I would probably think it was okay. But as soon as October 1st gets here are we going to see Christmas ads for the next almost 3 months. I hate it. The last time I went Christmas shopping for my wife was probably 15 years ago and the traffic was so bad it took me two hours to do something that should have taken me 25 minutes. Ever since then she gets gift cards from me and loves it. I usually don't leave the house now between December 15th and January 5th.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 20th, 2021 at 10:08:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I would shoot somebody trying to put a Christmas light on my house. I absolutely detest Christmas and have for over 20 years. I love June because it's the farthest away you can get from Christmas in either direction. Christmas is a kids holiday and nothing but a giant pain in the ass for adults. If it happened every 5 years I would probably think it was okay. But as soon as October 1st gets here are we going to see Christmas ads for the next almost 3 months. I hate it. The last time I went Christmas shopping for my wife was probably 15 years ago and the traffic was so bad it took me two hours to do something that should have taken me 25 minutes. Ever since then she gets gift cards from me and loves it. I usually don't leave the house now between December 15th and January 5th.

Halloween is worse. Stupid holiday for kids. Now adults act like kids for it.
The President is a fink.
September 20th, 2021 at 10:19:36 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman

Another of my pet peeves is adults that celebrate Halloween. I just don't get it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 20th, 2021 at 1:04:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
Another of my pet peeves is adults that celebrate Halloween. I just don't get it.

I hated it as a kid, I really hate it now. Though I have made money on it.
The President is a fink.
September 20th, 2021 at 1:24:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

Don't even get me started on how stupid Halloween is. Didn't used to be this way, wasn't until the 80s the college kids started dressing up in their dorms and celebrating Halloween and now all kinds of adults do it. They call it a holiday when it's not a holiday at all. Nobody gets paid time off from work, banks and federal offices are not closed, there are no time honored rituals to adhere to. It's a kids night always has been. They have these pop-up stores for the whole month of October the song nothing but Halloween stuff in malls and they are always packed with customers.

Halloween is a tradition, not a holiday. Yet there are people who want it be a national federal holiday with paid time off from work. Never going to happen. You know who loves Halloween? Gay men. There was a Gay bar a few doors down from my bar in Santa Barbara that's why I knew so many Gay people. Every Halloween they went absolutely nuts dressing up like women. It was truly amazing the lengths they would go to and the money they would spend for just one night a year when they could walk around in public in high heels and a $500 wig and makeup.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 20th, 2021 at 2:01:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
Don't even get me started on how stupid Halloween is. Didn't used to be this way, wasn't until the 80s the college kids started dressing up in their dorms and celebrating Halloween and now all kinds of adults do it. They call it a holiday when it's not a holiday at all. Nobody gets paid time off from work, banks and federal offices are not closed, there are no time honored rituals to adhere to. It's a kids night always has been. They have these pop-up stores for the whole month of October the song nothing but Halloween stuff in malls and they are always packed with customers.

Halloween is a tradition, not a holiday. Yet there are people who want it be a national federal holiday with paid time off from work. Never going to happen. You know who loves Halloween? Gay men. There was a Gay bar a few doors down from my bar in Santa Barbara that's why I knew so many Gay people. Every Halloween they went absolutely nuts dressing up like women. It was truly amazing the lengths they would go to and the money they would spend for just one night a year when they could walk around in public in high heels and a $500 wig and makeup.

Had a gay guy as a trainer at a bank I worked at. We where hired in mid-October. Some trainee asked about policy on dressing up at Halloween. He mentioned it was always his favorite holiday.

I wonder how many people actually know it is religious in origin. All Saints Day Eve.
The President is a fink.
September 23rd, 2021 at 10:24:11 AM permalink
rxwine
The whole top of this van is wood. And lots of interior wood craft as well

I imagine it would make quite a splintery crash scene.

Looks nice and functional otherwise.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 23rd, 2021 at 11:43:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
The whole top of this van is wood. And lots of interior wood craft as well

I imagine it would make quite a splintery crash scene.

Looks nice and functional otherwise.

This is nice
But
I will always prefer a setup where I tow rather then having everything in one big unit
Driving and parking big rigs is a hassle.
So much easier to get around after unhooking.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 9th, 2021 at 12:49:28 PM permalink
rxwine
I like his tip, but like someone said in the comments, I just get itchy listening to those bugs.