Do it yourself

February 16th, 2022 at 11:12:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 8th, 2022 at 10:52:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Two new things I learned about Google Maps yesterday. It has a tool to measure the square footage of anything you’re looking down at. And the street view not only keeps a current image, but all the earlier images that the Google vehicle took of that location.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 8th, 2022 at 5:30:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
A month ago I complained about the parasitic drain on my battery in my 2004 Sienna. Couldn't find what it was. Called my mechanic and he said he doesn't want to even bother looking at it, take it to the dealership. Called the dealership they said sure they could look at it but it's going to cost me a bunch of money and they can't guarantee they're going to find it. They said why don't you just put a cutoff switch at the battery which is what somebody on this forum also suggested. So that's what I did and it works like a charm. I got the simplest switch possible a solid brass knife switch and it fit like a glove like it was made for this Sienna. Took me less than 5 minutes to install it and from the comments I read some people had a real hard time installing it. There was plenty of room around the battery and now when I'm done driving for the day I just throw the switch and I'll always have a fully charged battery next time. Apparently this is a very common problem in modern vehicles Amazon sells thousands of these switches.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 8th, 2022 at 6:38:16 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
LOL

What a solution.

Every time you start and turn off the engine you need to get out in the weather, open the hood, turn the switch and close the hood.

What a PITA, and welcome to it: the price of cheaping out is massive inconvenience.
May 21st, 2022 at 6:45:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
If you save all the urine that you produce in a day, there's enough fertilizer in there to grow all the wheat that you need to make a loaf of bread," said Abraham Noe-Hayes, research director at Rich Earth Institute. "It's a huge amount of nutrients, and it could grow a significant portion of our dietary needs just from from the nutrients in our urine."

I don't need to grow wheat, but anyway...

Might not want to advertise that to your neighbors.
May 21st, 2022 at 10:26:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Never been to France.

June 1st, 2022 at 8:16:58 PM permalink
rxwine
June 27th, 2022 at 7:47:18 AM permalink
rxwine
When I first saw the title, I thought he was talking about a motorcycle. Well, you certainly would stay in great shape if you're going to travel very much.

July 17th, 2022 at 10:16:09 AM permalink
rxwine
I'm going to try this next time I have trouble accessing public wifi

July 17th, 2022 at 1:27:03 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
I will have to try this a few times. What a miserable way to fasten shorts we are offered, dam! Why not a clip and a cinch? Like how they have on backpacks. I hate my gym shorts coming loose, whenever I can I like to freeball it, and that don't work well when the shorts fall down.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW