Streaming Recommendations (Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc.)

Page 150 of 150« First<147148149150
November 15th, 2021 at 10:24:03 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 54
Posts: 8777
Cowboy bebop
One of the best things about the show is the superb music
Its fantastic
Its by Yoko Kano
A female Japanese composer tasked with writing bebop music for a cartoon anime and she just writes what I consider the best bebop song ever. Tank
Netflix was smart to bring her back for the live action series
Here is a story on her
Tank is played the 1st half of the video below.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 16th, 2021 at 12:57:35 AM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 24
Posts: 5919
Either my health situation or the last two years of pandemic or whatever, idk, but I can't hardly watch news of just about any kind. Never could stand the political news. Every day it's about the same, "safe landings don't sell headlines" or something like that. So, as I continue to learn from my wonderful wife, I search out comedy or light hearted broadcast. We've just finished binging on " Schitts Creek" for about the 3rd or 4th time and it fits right in with my mind moodset. Heck with tragedy and more shootings and more killing.

So what I'm liking to do now is find bloopers from shows like Schitts Creek and Better call Saul on Youtube. I skip commercials best I can but the comedy is what I'm after. What a better way of turning my eyes off and the lights to when I call it a day. Go to bed and wake up as happy as possible. I may have to go back and skip through trailer park boys again, Some good ole Canadian humor. We've watched a lot of Johnny Carson lately, Doc Severensen, Johnathon winters, George Carlin and more. The cuts and blooper reals are great. Funnier sometimes than the finished product.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 16th, 2021 at 7:07:39 AM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 38
Posts: 3125
Quote: petroglyph
Either my health situation or the last two years of pandemic or whatever, idk, but I can't hardly watch news of just about any kind. Never could stand the political news. Every day it's about the same, "safe landings don't sell headlines" or something like that. So, as I continue to learn from my wonderful wife, I search out comedy or light hearted broadcast. We've just finished binging on " Schitts Creek" for about the 3rd or 4th time and it fits right in with my mind moodset. Heck with tragedy and more shootings and more killing.

So what I'm liking to do now is find bloopers from shows like Schitts Creek and Better call Saul on Youtube. I skip commercials best I can but the comedy is what I'm after. What a better way of turning my eyes off and the lights to when I call it a day. Go to bed and wake up as happy as possible. I may have to go back and skip through trailer park boys again, Some good ole Canadian humor. We've watched a lot of Johnny Carson lately, Doc Severensen, Johnathon winters, George Carlin and more. The cuts and blooper reals are great. Funnier sometimes than the finished product.


I am with you, I don't watch any news. My news consumption is about 5 minutes a day scanning the headlines on CNN,com and my local online newspaper. That is enough for me.
We are all going to die, why procrastinate?
November 16th, 2021 at 7:28:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 133
Posts: 15887
Quote: Evenbob
I came across a book 20 years ago called American Humor written in 1920. It was full of nothing but racist jokes and nationalistic jokes. It made fun of everybody, blacks, Irish people, Polish people, Italian people, Mexican people, Chinese people. Jewish people. Except they were all called by their slanderous names which I won't get into here. For black people it was watermelon and chicken jokes. Polish and Irish people it was how stupid they were. For Italians it was a lot of Barbershop jokes. For Mexicans it was fruit picking and the Rio Grande. For Jews, of course it was money. These were not considered racist jokes in 1920. This was white people making fun of everybody who wasn't White. People like Archie Bunker would completely understand this type of humor and never think of themselves as being racist. Or identifying with anything. This was the humor you heard at your local men's organization or bar. You could buy postcards in any drug store making fun of black people. When I was in the antique business I saw hundreds of them, people collect them. It was a totally a different time here that we cannot relate to at all.


I had the "Truly Tasteless Jokes" series in the 1980s. Loads of ethnic jokes.
The President is a fink.
November 16th, 2021 at 1:38:53 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 24
Posts: 5919
Quote: DRich
I am with you, I don't watch any news. My news consumption is about 5 minutes a day scanning the headlines on CNN,com and my local online newspaper. That is enough for me.
We subscribe to our local paper, mostly I think so my wife can do their crosswords. She to me, is living proof, that the mind is a muscle. It's amazing to see someone be able to just snap the answers, and on week ends to the LA xword.

But back to the paper itself. I read the main headines, like todays says if the Lake Havasu Medical center hospital workers haven'g gotten near complete vaccincations around the 6th of Dec. they will start sending home half of their staff, permanently. According to OSHA, I guess? Yesterday, I thought I read that the mandate to fire workers who hadn't received vaccines was ruled unconstitutional at the supreme court? The articles are so ambiguous I struggle to understand what the most important story of the day is?

I've got some minor surgery coming up that requires planning on my part, so I called the hospital, they shuffled me around to a dept. that should be able to answer me, that only has a answering machine. If they are going to send home half of their staff, this could definitely alter the smooth flow of my procedure. The answering machine told me right away that I would not be able to contact a real human being.

Our hospital has about 700 workers and so far only half of them have received the Sars Cov2 vaccine. I wonder what that means when the smartest medical minds in my county, 50% of them refuse the vaccine at the point of losing their jobs?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 16th, 2021 at 2:50:58 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 54
Posts: 8777
Quote: petroglyph
We subscribe to our local paper, mostly I think so my wife can do their crosswords. She to me, is living proof, that the mind is a muscle. It's amazing to see someone be able to just snap the answers, and on week ends to the LA xword.

But back to the paper itself. I read the main headines, like todays says if the Lake Havasu Medical center hospital workers haven'g gotten near complete vaccincations around the 6th of Dec. they will start sending home half of their staff, permanently. According to OSHA, I guess? Yesterday, I thought I read that the mandate to fire workers who hadn't received vaccines was ruled unconstitutional at the supreme court? The articles are so ambiguous I struggle to understand what the most important story of the day is?

I've got some minor surgery coming up that requires planning on my part, so I called the hospital, they shuffled me around to a dept. that should be able to answer me, that only has a answering machine. If they are going to send home half of their staff, this could definitely alter the smooth flow of my procedure. The answering machine told me right away that I would not be able to contact a real human being.

Our hospital has about 700 workers and so far only half of them have received the Sars Cov2 vaccine. I wonder what that means when the smartest medical minds in my county, 50% of them refuse the vaccine at the point of losing their jobs?

I love Google News
It knows my interests and feeds me what I want
Bebop is coming out and Google knows I'm interested
Terrapin Crossing is closing, Google knows that
Latest RV articles and news in my feed
News doesn't have to be political or controversial if you have a wide variety of interests that you want to follow

I wouldn't want to spend any time in a hospital with an unvaccinated staff
Its a huge spreading point

Little achy from the booster. Nothing serious. Just minor don't feel 100%
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 17th, 2021 at 7:04:58 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 54
Posts: 8777
Tiger King 2 is out
I can't look away
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 18th, 2021 at 3:12:05 PM permalink
zippyboy
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 2
Posts: 662
Quote: terapined
Can't wait
One of my alltime favorite anime is live action

A sentence no 50-year-old should ever say out loud.
November 18th, 2021 at 4:11:57 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 54
Posts: 8777
Quote: zippyboy
A sentence no 50-year-old should ever say out loud.

You would be surprised how deep Cowboy bebop is
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex is some of the best science fiction out there and this is from a guy that reveres Asimov
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 21st, 2021 at 11:00:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 143
Posts: 24252
Red Notice on Netflix. Ryan Reynolds and The Rock. They spent 200 million dollars on this and it's actually very good. It's a buddy movie and the production values are out of sight. This could be a big screen movie. Ryan Reynolds is hilarious and the rock is The Rock. Non-stop action, Non-Stop quips from Ryan Reynolds, I give it an A+
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 150 of 150« First<147148149150