the death of coal?

Page 29 of 32« First<26272829303132>
February 8th, 2023 at 9:51:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DoubleGold
Very good example.

He couldn't qualify as a leader in climate change.

I am not a cheater as much as I used to be.

I only sleep with another woman once a month instead of twice a week.

Therefore, allow me to show you how I was able to become happily married and not cheat as much.

I'm a net positive because some folks don't cheat as much when they see me cheat.

Do as I say and not as I do.

Do some corrupt Christian leaders also bankrupt all Christianity for you? If not, why not?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 8th, 2023 at 9:57:25 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Bill tries to justify flying his private jet while trying to be a climate change leader.

----------------------------------------------------------

NEW: A BBC reporter asked Bill Gates directly why his climate activism should be taken seriously, as he continues to fly private all over the world:

Gates tried to assure the reporter that, despite his private jet usage, he is not part of the problem, he’s part of the solution.

https://twitter.com/WillHild/status/1623080578504441857

-------------------------------------------------------------
February 8th, 2023 at 10:07:00 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: rxwine
Do some corrupt Christian leaders also bankrupt all Christianity for you? If not, why not?

Absolutely not.

If I preached the Earth was able to manage the Sun's stored energy inside the Earth after billions of years and all the sudden it couldn't, then I'd have a credibility issue.
February 8th, 2023 at 10:13:35 AM permalink
rxwine
SOOPOO says gates is not really making a sacrifice as his contribution is only pocket change to him. That sounds like a very liberal argument a liberal would make in a tax argument. So, then it’s fair to tax the rich at a higher rate until they feel the impact? At least as fair as gates should feel some impact on this.

Anyway, Gates recently said in a q&a that his goal is to get alternative energy solutions at the same price point as fossil fuels. So, ultimately he’s not asking any sacrifice. Who knows if it can be achieved through a number of technologies.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 8th, 2023 at 10:17:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Absolutely not.

If I preached the Earth was not able to manage the Sun's stored energy inside the Earth after billions of years and all the sudden it couldn't, then I'd have a credibility issue.

Well, I don’t dismiss Christianity because it has had some terrible leaders. That’s my point here as well.
February 8th, 2023 at 10:22:47 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Well, I don’t dismiss Christianity because it has had some terrible leaders. That’s my point here as well.

I understand.

The Christian leaders should be critiqued.

Billy Graham was one of my favorites.

He'd be a good one for you to critique.

Name one leader of climate change that is a good influence for climate change.

Most of the ones that I see and hear are a bad influence, because they talk the talk but don't walk the walk.
February 8th, 2023 at 10:29:20 AM permalink
DoubleGold
In reference to Gates: I can afford to pollute but you can't.
February 8th, 2023 at 10:43:15 AM permalink
rxwine
In reference to Gates: I can afford to pollute but you can't.

I don’t know the effectiveness of his carbon credits so I can’t specifically defend it. But since you do, you can tell me why his aren’t working.

Anyway, if you go to a public park and leave a mess behind, you’re creating a mess. But if you invited a 100 people to a park, create a much bigger mess but clean it up afterwards you’re not contributing to “”pollution’ regardless of the amount. You could be doing more harm to the environment by yourself than 100 people if you’re irresponsible.
February 8th, 2023 at 10:53:44 AM permalink
DoubleGold
I don’t know the effectiveness of his carbon credits so I can’t specifically defend it. But since you do, you can tell me why his aren’t working.

Anyway, if you go to a public park and leave a mess behind, you’re creating a mess. But if you invited a 100 people to a park, create a much bigger mess but clean it up afterwards you’re not contributing to “”pollution’ regardless of the amount. You could be doing more harm to the environment by yourself than 100 people if you’re irresponsible.

I never believed in the carbon credit system so I wouldn't be a good one to ask.

I think it's a scam because we breathe out carbon dioxide.

If I own and fly a private jet, I am contributing to pollution.

You can dress a pig up but it will still oink.

Each time we breathe out, we emit carbon.

So tax breathers or encourage depopulation?

Not hardly.
February 8th, 2023 at 11:04:59 AM permalink
rxwine
I never believed in the carbon credit system so I wouldn't be a good one to ask.

I think it's a scam because we breathe out carbon dioxide.

If I own and fly a private jet, I am contributing to pollution.

You can dress a pig up but it will still oink.

Each time we breathe out, we emit carbon.

So tax breathers or encourage depopulation?

Not hardly.

The vast majority of climate change supporters don't fly private jets. They're called scientists.
Page 29 of 32« First<26272829303132>