Defund Planned Parenthood

Page 22 of 25« First<19202122232425>
May 26th, 2016 at 2:03:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
There are people who remember being in the womb.
They've proven it by accurately repeating what
they heard from the outside. They were living
humans, just like every unborn baby.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 26th, 2016 at 2:20:08 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
Nor do I buy flower seeds at the beautiful plants prices that are later possible.

Shush! Human embryos are UNIQUE! They don't undergo the normal biological processes all other living beings do. If you keep arguing to the contrary, all that science the church has mangles will have been FUBARed for nothing! Nothing!

Or words to that effect.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 26th, 2016 at 2:40:40 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Nareed
"May be another"?

That's not what I call clear moral guidance.

Well I'm not an expert but skin cancer might not harm the baby.

By the way what percentage of these type of abortions take place?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 26th, 2016 at 2:44:37 PM permalink
FrGamble
Shush! Human embryos are UNIQUE!

They are unique in that they alone become human beings! All life goes through normal biological processes, it is amazing and I wouldn't be for killing the developing embryos of other animals either. Since you are so cavalier about the human embryo and see it as a moral right to kill it within the first trimester; I wonder if you would have any objections to me aborting my cats kittens before they are born or squashing the eggs of a Bald Eagle?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 26th, 2016 at 2:52:26 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: FrGamble
So the embryo continues to develop autonomously separate from the mother or her desires?

Your continued analogies to apple trees and digestion are embarrassing yourself by the way.

See, that's your other problem.

When you think Jehovah created the universe and the natural and physical laws, these have to be congruent with that other particular creation of your deity's: the Bible.

Unfortunately for you, lots of facts casually mentioned or assumed in the Bible and in the Christian theology have been categorically proven to be wrong.

The Earth is not flat, human beings are part of the animal kingdom and have the same biological processes as many other mammals, human embryos develop the same way as other mammalian embryos, the Earth is not the center of the Universe, the Sun does not revolve around the Earth, same sex attraction is natural (as in it occurs naturally) etc. etc.

Now, does this seem like the work of an all-knowing, all-powerful being? Or does it seem more and more the Bible reflects the knowledge and belief of its actual, human authors?

When you try to use science to back up religion, you will trip yourself up every time. Even when you mangle, twist, FUBAR and outright misinterpret scientific facts and findings.
May 26th, 2016 at 2:59:05 PM permalink
Nareed
Since you are so cavalier about the human embryo and see it as a moral right to kill it within the first trimester;

You probably don't see this as FUBARing my position, either.

I guess when you do it so often and casually, it becomes like water to a fish.
May 26th, 2016 at 3:07:58 PM permalink
FrGamble
See, that's your other problem.

When you think Jehovah created the universe and the natural and physical laws, these have to be congruent with that other particular creation of your deity's: the Bible.

This is your first problem, God did not create the Bible as if it descended from Heaven in its completed form. It is a collection of books and documents from many people writing many genres and spanning centuries.

Quote:
Unfortunately for you, lots of facts casually mentioned or assumed in the Bible and in the Christian theology have been categorically proven to be wrong.

Unfortunately for you the Bible never claims to be a scientific textbook or to state any facts or assumptions about the dimensions of the earth, the animal kingdom or the solar system. It is a book of faith and passes on religious truths revealed by God that are important for our salvation, well being, moral life, and the nature of God.

Quote:
same sex attraction is natural (as in it occurs naturally)

This is a good distinction you make.

Quote:
When you try to use science to back up religion, you will trip yourself up every time. Even when you mangle, twist, FUBAR and outright misinterpret scientific facts and findings.

I agree if all you do is try to use science you will never get to where you want to get to in religion. God is not knowable through science, nor is philosophy or art, or other beautiful and wonderful things that cause our minds and hearts to soar above the world. You mangle and twist the very meaning of science and faith when you try to treat them as the same thing.
May 26th, 2016 at 3:09:11 PM permalink
FrGamble
You probably don't see this as FUBARing my position, either.

I guess when you do it so often and casually, it becomes like water to a fish.

You know why don't you just defend yourself and your position rather than this childish stuff? Where and how have a FUBARed what you have said? Show it to me and make yourself more clear for goodness sake.
May 26th, 2016 at 3:17:33 PM permalink
Nareed
This is your first problem, God did not create the Bible as if it descended from Heaven in its completed form. It is a collection of books and documents from many people writing many genres and spanning centuries.

Than it's not "The word of 'God' "?
May 26th, 2016 at 3:24:48 PM permalink
Nareed
You know why don't you just defend yourself and your position rather than this childish stuff?

I've no need to defend my position.

Quote:
Where and how have a FUBARed what you have said? Show it to me and make yourself more clear for goodness sake.

You said, and I quote "Since you are so cavalier about the human embryo and see it as a moral right to kill it within the first trimester[..]"

This implies anyone at all for any reason, or without a reason, at any time can kill any first trimester embryo they want.

Whereas one person, and one person only, has the right to choose to abort an embryo in the third trimester. This person being the woman pregnant with the fetus. And her choice to do so in an absolute moral right.
Page 22 of 25« First<19202122232425>