Hey FrGamble!

April 15th, 2020 at 7:04:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Again you have no idea who Jesus is or what He teaches.

I have an excellent grasp of what Jesus taught. Like most Christians, you just don't want to admit Jesus traveled village to village with his little band of followers preaching Doom and gloom in the end times. That's what he was known for, that's what he was famous for, he was ian end of times preacher. So when you say you strive to be like Jesus, you don't really mean you want to strive to be like Jesus. You want to strive to be like you think Jesus was in the fantasy stories about him.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 15th, 2020 at 7:36:00 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Thanks for the laugh Bob.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 15th, 2020 at 8:43:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Thanks for the laugh Bob.

So you think Jesus message was not
the one he preached for 3 years?
Jesus was a for real apocalyptic
preacher:

“Jesus thought that the history of the world would come to a screeching halt, that God would intervene in the affairs of this planet, overthrow the forces of evil in a cosmic act of judgment and establish his utopian Kingdom on Earth, And this was to happen within Jesus’ own generation.. He did not propound his ethical views to show us how to create a just society and make the world a happier place for the long haul. For him, there wasn’t going to be a long haul.” Bart Ehrman

That's the life Jesus lived, it's
a documented fact. You say
you want to live like Jesus
lived, and you are not. He
was obviously totally wrong
in his assessment of things to
come. Laughably wrong. But
we're supposed to believe
everything else he said is
solid truth? I don't think so.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 16th, 2020 at 4:26:27 AM permalink
FrGamble
You neither know the person or teaching of Jesus.

By the way the above is a play on the words Jesus says to His disciples specifically so they didn't worry about end times stuff. I mean you got that didn't you? You remember all the times Jesus preaches about not being afraid, not to worry about tomorrow, etc. Seriously Bob, it is laughable (and sad) that you think you know Christ and His teachings.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 16th, 2020 at 10:29:05 AM permalink
Evenbob
Seriously Bob, it is laughable (and sad) that you think you know Christ and His teachings.

Me and Bart Ehrman, apparently. Only
you know the 'truth', but you're not
willing to share it.

Like most Xtians you're in total denial
that Jesus spread doom and gloom
and was a well known apocalyptic
preacher who told people every day
the end was here, in their lifetimes.
And he obviously was 100% wrong.
So what else did he get wrong, do
you suppose. Half of everything else
he said? 75%? Most of it?

C'mon, take a guess..You know darn
well if he was totally wrong on his
main message, whatever else he
said would be in serious doubt too.
April 16th, 2020 at 12:38:05 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
Me and Bart Ehrman, apparently. Only
you know the 'truth', but you're not
willing to share it.

You and Ehrman are wrong. However, it is not just me who knows the truth. I feel like you are joking. Do you really think what you are writing. That you and Bart are right about the main message of Jesus against the Scriptures themselves and all those who are Christians. You amaze me and I really can't keep engaging with you, I'm sorry. If I thought there was a little humility, a little glimmer that you had an open mind to these things, but alas you keep repeating the same thing and try to get me to repeat the same thing over and over.
April 16th, 2020 at 12:51:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
How is the online preaching going?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 16th, 2020 at 1:06:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
You and Ehrman are wrong.

So what was the message Jesus
preached in the 3 years he went
from town to town. I can give a
dozen Xtian sources that say
it was the world is ending in
their lifetime, they better repent
now and be ready.

Jesus was 100% wrong, why would
anything else he says be trusted.
All the early Xtians were end of
days believers and you know it.
Why are you in denial now?

"There are passages in the Gospels that make it clear that Jesus is anticipating an imminent moment of apocalypse. That the end is very near. Certainly the earliest Christians took away from his message the belief that his return would occur in their own life time. And in his final sermon to his disciples before his arrest, when he's asked, "What are the signs of the end times?" He tells them about wars and conflict and wickedness and evil, that then ends with the promise, "All these things shall be fulfilled in your own time."

The exact message he preached
for 3 years.
April 16th, 2020 at 4:10:06 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: petroglyph
How is the online preaching going?

It's going decent, hard to preach to a camera versus hundreds of people. It's kind of like those live shows now done to an empty studio, something is obviously missing and it effects you.
April 16th, 2020 at 4:14:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
It's going decent, hard to preach to a camera versus hundreds of people. It's kind of like those live shows now done to an empty studio, something is obviously missing and it effects you.
How about a big cut out of faces?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW