Hey FrGamble!

April 18th, 2020 at 12:49:12 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Dalex64
There is a more formal expression for that - Special Pleading
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Special_pleading

They also employ a lot of circular logic, pointing out that there must be an exception, that exception is God, only God can be the exception, therefore got exists because there must be an exception that only God can be.

Again God is not an exception to the truth that something can't come from nothing. God is the logical conclusion to avoid contigent things existing without
cause and to avoid an infinite regress. God is not a thing, God is not part of existence, God is existence and the cause for all things to exist. If you have any other logical ideas to explain the reality of existence I am happy to hear it.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 18th, 2020 at 1:27:04 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: FrGamble
Again God is not an exception to the truth that something can't come from nothing. God is the logical conclusion to avoid contigent things existing without
cause and to avoid an infinite regress. God is not a thing, God is not part of existence, God is existence and the cause for all things to exist. If you have any other logical ideas to explain the reality of existence I am happy to hear it.

See how much easier it is for you when you decide what the rules of the game are?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 18th, 2020 at 1:28:10 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Padre - you are doing God's work in bringing laughter to my day
April 18th, 2020 at 1:31:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
God is the logical conclusion .

Stop using god and logic in the
same sentence, you're just
embarrassing yourself. God
makes as much logical sense
as Tarot cards, astrology and
fortune telling. I.E., no logical
sense at all.

{I love when FrG ignores me,
makes me feel like he agrees
with everything I say)
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 18th, 2020 at 3:20:03 PM permalink
FrGamble
See how much easier it is for you when you decide what the rules of the game are?

I think much of the problem is people's misconception of what God is and their prejuidice towards God based on some dislike of religion. Maybe if you use the words creator or higher power you would be able to better see the logic of it.

Or you could try to explain existence of things that are dependent for their cause in another way. I'd love to hear it, perhaps I wouldn't be the only one causing some good laughter.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 18th, 2020 at 3:22:01 PM permalink
FrGamble

I'm curious what rule you think was broken? Do you think of God as another created thing? Do you deny the need for a first cause?
April 18th, 2020 at 3:23:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Maybe if you use the words creator or higher power you would be able to better see the logic of it.

Zero evidence for them too. Keep
hoping and wishing, and by all
means keep praying. It's your time
to waste.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 18th, 2020 at 3:25:01 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I'm curious what rule you think was broken? Do you think of God as another created thing? Do you deny the need for a first cause?

I deny your entire line of argument as illogical.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 18th, 2020 at 3:25:36 PM permalink
FrGamble
I deny your entire line of argument as illogical.

That's illogical. Why?
April 18th, 2020 at 3:31:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
That's illogical. Why?

Because there is absolutely no logic
in blaming everything we don't understand
on some unseen god. That's what
primitive people do, not scientifically
advanced people.