with this whole thing, I can't muster up
anything else right now. Forgiveness
plays no part in my life, giving or
receiving. I'd rather discuss Satan or
sin or how Mary was put in her position
to appease the goddess pagan worshipers
of the time. Please forgive me, I know you
want to. (lol)
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 19th, 2017 at 9:09:25 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
You're forgiven. ;)
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 29th, 2017 at 11:42:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
A study published Thursday found that the ancient Canaanites were not destroyed by the Israelites as the Bible says, but rather that they went on to become modern-day Lebanese.

In a study conducted by the American Journal of Human Genetics, UK’s Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute sent researchers to extract DNA from remains of five people found in the former Canaanite city state of Sidon, a coastal city in Lebanon. The remains were estimated to be 3,700 years old.

The ancient Canaanites lived in the cities Sodom and Gomorrah, which were reportedly destroyed by God, according to the Book of Genesis. The Old Testament Book of Deuteronomy said God told the Israelites to wipe out the Canaanites. 

Researchers examined the entire genome of the nearly 4,000-year-old remains and compared it to the DNA of 99 modern Lebanese people. They determined that more than 90 percent of modern-day Lebanese ancestry could be traced back to the Canaanites

http://www.ibtimes.com/dna-research-shows-canaanites-were-not-wiped-out-israelites-2571963
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 30th, 2017 at 5:02:56 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: rxwine
The ancient Canaanites lived in the cities Sodom and Gomorrah, which were reportedly destroyed by God, according to the Book of Genesis. The Old Testament Book of Deuteronomy said God told the Israelites to wipe out the Canaanites. Researchers examined the entire genome of the nearly 4,000-year-old remains and compared it to the DNA of 99 modern Lebanese people. They determined that more than 90 percent of modern-day Lebanese ancestry could be traced back to the Canaanites

I am not precisely sure what that study proves. Four thousand years is an incredibly long time in human history. Even if 95% of the Canaanites died , they could easily have repopulated to the population of present day Lebanon.

If the point is that every single man woman and child did not die over 4000 years ago, well that is not that difficult to believe.Stories at the time were filled with hyperbole.
July 30th, 2017 at 6:45:16 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Pacomartin
I am not precisely sure what that study proves. Four thousand years is an incredibly long time in human history. Even if 95% of the Canaanites died , they could easily have repopulated to the population of present day Lebanon.

If the point is that every single man woman and child did not die over 4000 years ago, well that is not that difficult to believe.Stories at the time were filled with hyperbole.

I think the last.

Quote:
“Do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them otherwise they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshipping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God,” he said to the Israelites.

Hyperbole matters. For instance, was it an ordinary man on the cross -- i'd say would matter.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 30th, 2017 at 11:11:20 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
Stories at the time were filled with hyperbole.

Stories from all times are filled with
hyperbole, especially ancient times.
The NT is mostly hyperbole, something
FrG can never deal with.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 31st, 2017 at 8:20:59 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
Stories from all times are filled with
hyperbole, especially ancient times.
The NT is mostly hyperbole, something
FrG can never deal with.

From you taking everything literally I would say it is you who can't deal with it.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 7th, 2017 at 9:26:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
From you taking everything literally I would say it is you who can't deal with it.

I don't take any of it fancifully, let alone
literally. It's you Christians that take
every word as gospel truth. Think about
how silly and downright dangerous that
is. Cobbled together urban legends
and myths from a couple thousand years
ago that people take as absolute truth.
Frightening.
August 7th, 2017 at 11:40:07 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://antoniusaquinas.com/2017/08/07/vladimir-the-great-sums-up-pope-francis-the-fake/

Putin says pope is a fake as were the two pope before him. Says pope protects pedophiles in the upper echelon of the Vatican.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 8th, 2017 at 7:02:50 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: petroglyph
Putin says pope is a fake as were the two pope before him.

And the Pope actually has divisions!

Actually a body guard, but they're professional soldiers.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER