Simple question?

Thread Rating:

June 27th, 2018 at 12:06:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
"One of the Crusaders' most striking characteristics, to Arab nostrils, was that they did not wash"

That was a problem in the Americas.
The priests stank so bad in their wool
robes and never bathing, the natives
avoided them like the plague.

FrG will now say, oh Bob, where do get
such false information. Whatever.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 27th, 2018 at 12:09:31 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: FrGamble

You do know of course that Christianity predates Islam? Let's not blame Islamic fundamentalism and lack of critical reform on Christianity. That is really a strange idea.
One Abrahamic religion is as barbarous as the next.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 27th, 2018 at 8:32:26 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Really? Are you speaking of the Abrahamic religions that gave us Western Civilization? Maybe you mean that one Abrahamic religion is a barbarous as the next because Christianity is focused so much on peace and the dignity of every human person. Yours was a tounge in cheek kind of sarcastic comment, sorry I should have known that nobody would actually think the Abrahamic religions as barbarous.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 10th, 2018 at 12:11:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Both new Supreme Court justices are Catholic. I assume you are more happy about than not. I'm okay with it with this Pope I guess as the pope appears more left than right. And I see people even accuse him of it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-pope-francis-became-the-leader-of-the-global-left-1482431940

edit, one is not confirmed, I should say.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 10th, 2018 at 2:28:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
Both new Supreme Court justices are Catholic.

They aren't devout zealots, so they
aren't hurting anybody. It's the ones
that believe all that crap that do all
the damage.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 10th, 2018 at 2:38:41 PM permalink
FrGamble
Yes, the recently appointed judge seems like a really great guy who lives out his faith. He volunteers a lot, coaches, and seems like a really good father. As he quoted the motto from his Jesuit school, he is "a man for others."
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 10th, 2018 at 2:55:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Yes, the recently appointed judge seems like a really great guy who lives out his faith.

Yeah, not really. He doesn't see everything
thru god colored glasses first, like you do,
and let that color everything he thinks and
does. It would be very dangerous to have
somebody like that on the court. We went
thru that up till the Protestants broke up
their cabal and took a lot of their power
away.
July 10th, 2018 at 7:19:11 PM permalink
FrGamble
I don't know, but he seems like a good and faithful man. I imagine you think he is crazy and are against his nomination because he believes in God.
July 10th, 2018 at 7:37:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
I don't know, but he seems like a good and faithful man. I imagine you think he is crazy and are against his nomination because he believes in God.

I don't care who believes in god, it's
religion that's bad. Religion tries to
control how people think, that's the
purpose of it. The god religions,
anyway. Buddhism are Hinduism not god
religions. They don't believe in a
personal god.
July 11th, 2018 at 4:45:01 AM permalink
FrGamble
You are confused. Believing in God will obviously effect how you think and live. Not believing in God certainly does. It is not religion that tries to control how we think it is our ideas.