Two Gods or One

Thread Rating:

May 31st, 2016 at 11:39:42 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Nareed
is as productive as arguing about the self-contradictions in the trinity.

I don't even know what the trinity means.
My wife talks about it, I've heard of it all
my life, but I just know it's something
convoluted that will piss me off so I've
avoided looking it up.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 31st, 2016 at 11:53:05 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Knowing that I do not want to piss you off the Trinity is just referring to the very nature of God as He has revealed Himself. He is not a single person or being put rather at the core of who God is - He is Community and Relationship. This profound reality has implications in regards to who we are and what we are made for.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 31st, 2016 at 12:23:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
Knowing that I do not want to piss you off the Trinity is just referring to the very nature of God as He has revealed Himself.

I looked it up and the very first thing
I see is that the trinity isn't in the Bible,
it's yet another convoluted made up
concept. That's all I need to know, I
don't need even more useless info
crammed into my head. The nice thing
about being an atheist is, you don't
have to sweat the small stuff, the ridiculous
stuff, that other people let run their lives.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 31st, 2016 at 12:42:42 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
This profound reality has implications in regards to who we are and what we are made for.

The nature of the trinity is as profoundly significant, and as real, to human existence as the nature of Kryptonite.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 31st, 2016 at 12:54:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Nareed
The nature of the trinity is as profoundly significant, and as real, to human existence as the nature of Kryptonite.

I told you this would hurt my head. Not
even all Xtions believe in the trinity, far
from it.

'Nontrinitarian views differ widely on the nature of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.'

There is a HUGE entry in Wiki about why
branches on Xtionity believe or don't
believe the trinity is real. It's just more
evidence that there is no god at all. If
there were, he'd at least keep the details
of his own religion straight. Looking at it
from the outside, it's just another religious
FUBAR, which is par for the course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontrinitarianism
May 31st, 2016 at 2:07:39 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I think most of them agree that everybody else is wrong.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 31st, 2016 at 2:31:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64

The only thing Xtions agree on is everybody
else is wrong, even other Xtion sects. FrG
just told me in a PM he can't believe how
wrong I am all of the time. This leads
me to believe that somebody here is wrong,
because nobody is wrong all the time, it's
impossible.
May 31st, 2016 at 8:55:05 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
It is very possible to be wrong all the time. If you ask me about Asian languages I will be wrong every time. Not having the knowledge is just that and you can't make up for it by foisting your own opinions and what you wish was true about Catholicism and boldly proclaiming it to be so. Likewise you can't go to anti-Catholic websites and peddle their misinformation and ignorance as truth either. That would be like me turning to a romance language website that hated the Eastern Languages to try to find the answers about the Asian languages.

Quote: Dalex64

I wonder if this quote could be used to describe politics today or those who proscribe to a certain philosophy of life. The problem is when you are dealing with the highest forms of knowledge that cannot be scientifically proven you have to rely on reason, logic, and the evidence. It is not so easy to think or show that everybody else is wrong when you can't just show them a telescope or test results. You have to think, debate, and argue.

The biggest problem though is that you miss the fact that the only ones saying that everybody else is wrong is not Christians, or Jews, or Muslims, but rather atheists. Mote. Splinter. Beam. Blind.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 31st, 2016 at 10:16:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
The biggest problem though is that you miss the fact that the only ones saying that everybody else is wrong is not Christians, or Jews, or Muslims,.

What? They've been saying all the other
religions are wrong for centuries. The
Catholics and the Protestants have
been fighting since the Reformation.
They were having 'troubles' in Ireland
until very recently. Atheists have nothing
to do with any of it, they are the sane
unemotional observers on the sidelines.
May 31st, 2016 at 10:22:45 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23

The biggest problem though is that you miss the fact that the only ones saying that everybody else is wrong is not Christians, or Jews, or Muslims, but rather atheists. Mote. Splinter. Beam. Blind.

That's just nonsense on a stick. I don't know why you try to engage with atheist on this level when you are so far wrong about what they actually stand for, it's shocking.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life