Trump's disdain for data & analytics

Page 4 of 9<1234567>Last »
June 8th, 2016 at 12:45:44 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: terapined
Trump campaign just reserved space at the convention center in Tampa for Saturday
I may attend just for fun.

I'll pay you $100 if you heckle Trump. Not as much as Larry David got, but it's the best I can do.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 8th, 2016 at 12:55:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
I'll pay you $100 if you heckle Trump. Not as much as Larry David got, but it's the best I can do.

He'll be immediately thrown out, what's
the point of going. Trump no longer
points out the troublemakers, they're
just quietly taken care of.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 8th, 2016 at 1:15:57 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Wizard

What???????
I'm not sure I can get in
I didn't get in the last time
My understanding is doors open at 8am and rally is at 11am
Although I dislike Trump immensely, I don't believe in heckling regardless if its on the right or left
I am not thrilled with Trump supporters but they should have the right to listen to their candidate
This rally is not on Trumps official web page of appearances but Tampa media is reporting the space has been reserved by the campaign
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 8th, 2016 at 2:40:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The rally is official
its on Trumps web page
I got a ticket, well sort of
Trumps not up to speed with tech
No smart phone tickets :-(
Has to be printed out and my printer is out of ink :-(
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 8th, 2016 at 4:31:26 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
The rally is official
its on Trumps web page
I got a ticket, well sort of
Trumps not up to speed with tech
No smart phone tickets :-(
Has to be printed out and my printer is out of ink :-(

I always knew you were a secret Trump supporter ;-)
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 8th, 2016 at 4:38:46 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Back to Trump's disdain for data & analytics
I am really amazed he campaigned in California
Its a total waste of money and resources
Smart republican presidential campaigns look closely at the electoral map and always concentrate on battleground states

It's really bizarre for Trump to waste time in California, a state which a Republican candidate hasn't won since 1988. And 39% of California's population is Hispanic. According to Trump's own rhetoric on Judge Curiel, Hispanics are naturally pre-disposed to be biased against Trump. So why waste time in CA?

I'm going to put on my tinfoil hat and venture into wacko crazy talk: is it possible that Trump doesn't want to actually win the presidency? Is he deliberately throwing the election?

He's going out of his way to antagonize the very people he should be trying to win over. Accusing Ted Cruz's father of assassinating JFK? Needlessly insulting the chair of the Republican Governor's Association? Refusing to spend a dime on data collection? Needlessly insulting the judge overseeing 2 (TWO!) upcoming Trump lawsuits? (He should insult the judge after the trial, not before the trial.)

He's his own worst enemy.
June 8th, 2016 at 4:44:19 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
I'm going to put on my tinfoil hat and venture into wacko crazy talk: is it possible that Trump doesn't want to actually win the presidency? Is he deliberately throwing the election?

I don't think so. Unless the tin-foil hat idea that he's a Democratic plan holds any water (tin-foil isn't good for holding water, BTW).

I think he's that nasty and bigoted. In the main, that's neither surprising nor dangerous. What gives me night terrors, figuratively, is that millions of people actually like him, not in spite of such flaws, but because of them.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 8th, 2016 at 9:07:53 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Although I dislike Trump immensely, I don't believe in heckling regardless if its on the right or left
I am not thrilled with Trump supporters but they should have the right to listen to their candidate
This rally is not on Trumps official web page of appearances but Tampa media is reporting the space has been reserved by the campaign

I admire your principles. Besides, $100 is a small price to pay considering a supporter might punch you in the face.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 9th, 2016 at 5:27:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
Not quite.

Republicans' data collection operations were significantly behind Obama's in both 2008 and 2012, no matter how many millions they invested.

The post-2012 Autopsy report called this out.

The "autopsy" was a total joke. It basically told the GOP to say they love illegal immigration and give up on all their issues. It was just more advice from the people who lost the election for them to collect fees while they lose more elections. I will say it again, the Democrats NEVER EVER EVER give up on their issues after an election loss no matter how much of a wipe-out it was. Yet the talking heads tell the GOP to do so!

McCain lost because he was an awful candidate who did not want to win. With all the push Obama received he probably would have lost anyways, but he was just a jobber as a POTUS candidate. Romney could have pulled it off but let the Dems control the issues with name-calling and silly charges. He never attacked. That is a recipe for a loss.

Back to data. Data makes people who have it do silly things when they do not interpret it correctly. Data gave us the Cadillac Cimarron when GM saw their aging customer base. In the late 1990s GM still had the most data of anyone and it among other things gave bland Saturn cars because the data said Saturn buyers "did not care about a fancy looking car!" Lets not forget the joke that in 1900 data said people wanted a faster horse!

Know people, know what they want, and keep on the offensive. That is what wins elections. Analysis paralysis has a good chance of happening o Hillary as she is so risk-adverse she checks the color of pantsuit to wear.
The President is a fink.
June 9th, 2016 at 6:39:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
The "autopsy" was a total joke.

Hopefully the Republicans' post-2016 autopsy will be more to your standards.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 4 of 9<1234567>Last »