Not the decent ones, no.

Bet you the Orange Clown can.

Or at least he will claim he did.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 14th, 2016 at 10:11:12 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Dalex64
So when you say Clinton this or Trump that, make sure you are seeing a bigger picture and not just what you want to see.

It is also good to get corroboration between these aggregations of polls, so here is another one.

And it doesn't matter if one national poll has Clinton ahead by 10 points or Trump ahead by 15 points. National polls are worthless in a presidential election. It's irrelevant that Gore beat Bush by 543,895 votes. The only thing that matters is the Electoral College and therefore the only thing that matters are the swing states.

Now if a poll has Clinton ahead by 5 points in Ohio or Trump ahead by 7 points in Florida, those are numbers with meaning.
June 14th, 2016 at 10:23:32 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
The betting odds, which I trust more than any poll, suggest Trump has a 22% chance.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 14th, 2016 at 10:23:34 AM permalink
reno
Quote: FrGamble
There are many things that I see wrong with Trump and his policies, however I will only point out the most scary and disconcerting thing I have noticed about him. I am downright frightened by how he handles criticism. If you disagree with him he attacks and ruthlessly so. He doesn't address the substance of the attack and just goes the jugular and attacks the person usually personally or at their weakest vulnerability.

It's shocking how thin his skin is. On August 7, between 12:23AM and 2:19AM Trump sent out 15 furious Tweets about Fox News host Megyn Kelly. In the middle of the night, while the rest of us are sleeping, he's obsessing over Megyn Kelly?

How can this man be mature enough to handle Vladimir Putin or Xi JinPing? Those guys aren't amateurs, they'll manipulate Trump's thin skin to their advantage.

Trump is too unstable to be President. He's unfit for the office.
June 14th, 2016 at 10:30:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: reno
And it doesn't matter if one national poll has Clinton ahead by 10 points or Trump ahead by 15 points. National polls are worthless in a presidential election. It's irrelevant that Gore beat Bush by 543,895 votes. The only thing that matters is the Electoral College and therefore the only thing that matters are the swing states.

Now if a poll has Clinton ahead by 5 points in Ohio or Trump ahead by 7 points in Florida, those are numbers with meaning.

There was poll showing Hillary and Trump TIED in Utah, the reddest state in America.

(Utah may be an outlier in this election though - Mormons really seem to hate Trump).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 14th, 2016 at 10:35:24 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
The betting odds, which I trust more than any poll, suggest Trump has a 22% chance.

How are the betting odds determined?

The problem this year is that Hillary isn't a good candidate. Like trump, she had big negatives, only not as big as Trump's.

BTW this means the 2016 campaign will sling enough mud to cover the world twice over.
June 14th, 2016 at 10:35:53 AM permalink
reno
Quote: Evenbob
Do you have a crustal ball? Where
do you get that from.

You don't need a crystal ball. You need math.

If Clinton wins the same 19 states that every Democratic nominee has won from 1992 to 2012, she has 242 electoral votes. If she can add Florida to that list, she hits 271.

Trump has a far more daunting task. There are 13 states that have gone for the GOP presidential nominee in each of the last six elections. But they only total 102 electorate votes. That means the Republican nominee has to find, at least, 168 more electoral votes to get to 270. Which is a hell of a lot harder than finding 28 electoral votes.

June 14th, 2016 at 11:13:40 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
That means the Republican nominee has to find, at least, 168 more electoral votes to get to 270.

Oh, that's ok. Mexico will pay for those votes!
June 14th, 2016 at 11:17:17 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
You don't need a crystal ball. You need math.

Oh no, was the election today and I missed
it? Oh, it's a little under 5 months away.

I'm not doing this dance again, like we did
last summer. This time last year members
of congress and the press were falling to
the floor, laughing their asses off that that
'clown' Trump was even in the race. They
laughed and laughed all summer, the bookies
had Trump at hundreds to one odds. I lost
track of how many well known expert political
hacks declared that Trump would never be
the nominee.

Who's laughing now. If this was Oct 20th, I
would be paying attention. It's June 14th.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 14th, 2016 at 11:21:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
There was poll showing Hillary and Trump TIED in Utah, the reddest state in America.

(Utah may be an outlier in this election though - Mormons really seem to hate Trump).

Its a red state
but
a lot of violence against Mormons in American history
They are mostly against demonizing a religion due to their experiences in American history.
A very freedom of religion state, even Muslim religion deserves freedom instead of hate. Its a common view among Mormons
Muslim hate does not play well in Utah
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"