Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

December 12th, 2016 at 11:24:07 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Brian Williams--who was bounced from his NBC anchor job for fabricating stories--is furious about the spread of "fake news."

http://nypost.com/2016/12/09/fact-challenged-brian-williams-whines-about-fake-news/

Everyone needs to believe less of what they read or see on the news. I am sure AMS288 will come up with one of his tired "both sides" comments, but I have read plenty of fake crap accepted as gospel by both sides. There is no accountability in journalism--in an accountable profession, Brian Williams would not be welcomed on any mainstream media outlet and there is nothing at all stopping all the fake stuff on the internet.

Look for actual facts before believing anything in print or any other media....
December 13th, 2016 at 12:06:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
Look for actual facts before believing anything in print or any other media....

The Donald doesn't like to be challenged. Just believe him and be quiet.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 13th, 2016 at 12:50:26 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
OMG. This is hilarious, no matter which
side you're on. Just watch it and see. Is
there no end to the ways this template
can be used? I had a side ache from
laughing so hard.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 13th, 2016 at 4:05:06 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
The Donald doesn't like to be challenged. Just believe him and be quiet.

That is a completely stupid idea. I am not at all proposing that anyone stop challenging the things that Trump actually DOES, just get some actual facts (not fake news) and challenge him in places that it matters.

Perhaps the point was not totally clear to you, so here you go...I was speaking more to US than to Donald specifically--WE have a lot of people out there believing fake news and using it to entrench themselves in positions for or against Donald. Utter stupidity believing the first thing you read. Challenge fake news; provide real facts.

All the whining and crybaby bullshit, the death threats against electors, etc. does nothing to help advance the cause of a loyal opposition.
December 13th, 2016 at 4:05:06 AM permalink
RonC
deleted--double post
December 13th, 2016 at 5:23:34 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Everyone needs to believe less of what they read or see on the news. I am sure AMS288 will come up with one of his tired "both sides" comments, but I have read plenty of fake crap accepted as gospel by both sides.

Let's have some examples of "fake crap accepted as gospel" by those on the left.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 13th, 2016 at 7:19:48 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Let's have some examples of "fake crap accepted as gospel" by those on the left.

I think what RonC is talking about is "Post Truth Era". Google it and maybe learn to relax a bit ams288.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 13th, 2016 at 7:23:12 AM permalink
RonC

I knew it. You always chime in with the same silly type of stuff acting like your side could never have done something like listened to fake news. I have to believe you are much smarter than that and you just try to get a rise out of people with the same old bullcrap:

Democrats/Liberals = Good
Republicans/conservatives = Bad

They were all over Facebook...they were hard not to miss...and they had lots of comments from whatever side the fake news supported.
December 13th, 2016 at 7:45:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I knew it. You always chime in with the same silly type of stuff acting like your side could never have done something like listened to fake news. I have to believe you are much smarter than that and you just try to get a rise out of people with the same old bullcrap:

Democrats/Liberals = Good
Republicans/conservatives = Bad

They were all over Facebook...they were hard not to miss...and they had lots of comments from whatever side the fake news supported.

And somehow I knew your response would be devoid of any actual examples.

If you want examples of "fake news" on the right... just look at most of the stuff guys like MaxPen and bobartop post at WoV. Total nonsense. I'm still waiting for an equivalent on the left, since you clearly think it exists.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 13th, 2016 at 8:46:32 AM permalink
RonC
And somehow I knew your response would be devoid of any actual examples.

If you want examples of "fake news" on the right... just look at most of the stuff guys like MaxPen and bobartop post at WoV. Total nonsense. I'm still waiting for an equivalent on the left, since you clearly think it exists.

Your normal response to everything..."nothing to see on the Left; we are perfect"...absolutely ridiculous....

Perhaps you should look for yourself...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/11/29/conservatives_aren_t_the_only_ones_who_believe_fake_news.html