Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

September 29th, 2016 at 4:33:36 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Does anyone have thoughts on why the LA Times/USC polls have been consistently showing Trump 3 or 4 points ahead nationally for weeks? Many other polls of course have consistently shown Hillary ahead. USC just seems a strange place to have a Trump bias built into their polls.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 29th, 2016 at 5:36:24 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Does anyone have thoughts on why the LA Times/USC polls have been consistently showing Trump 3 or 4 points ahead nationally for weeks? Many other polls of course have consistently shown Hillary ahead. USC just seems a strange place to have a Trump bias built into their polls.

Probably just an outlier. I believe Nate Silver wrote an article about that poll (he defended it - outliers can be good). But I'm too lazy to search for it on my phone right now.

I know when they factor it into the FiveThirtyEight model they assume it has a Trump lean of +4.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 29th, 2016 at 5:50:05 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Probably just an outlier. I believe Nate Silver wrote an article about that poll (he defended it - outliers can be good). But I'm too lazy to search for it on my phone right now.

I know when they factor it into the FiveThirtyEight model they assume it has a Trump lean of +4.

Interesting that FiveThirtyEight when they get a poll that doesn't agree with their position just take 4 points off it. This is changing their model to get the answer they want. Sort of like the climate change models.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 29th, 2016 at 6:02:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Polls never change anybodies vote, but they
do keep people from voting if one side is
ahead by a lot. That won't be the case this
year, it's too close. Trump has the incumbent
advantage in that after 8 years the public is
so sick to death of the party that's in the WH
they almost always put the other party in.
It's happened every time except one since
the early 50's.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 29th, 2016 at 7:26:26 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Trump playing Wheel of Fortune.
October 1st, 2016 at 11:14:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Interesting tactic.

Quote:
Starting Friday, “Miss Piggy,” “Miss Housekeeping,” “Miss Eating Machine,” and a half dozen other women in pageant sashes are scheduled show up at Republican offices in five battleground states to target Trump and Republicans who have endorsed him, including Ryan, Sen. Rob Portman in Ohio, Sen. Marco Rubio in Florida, and Rep. Joe Heck in Nevada. The sashes are based on names Trump has used to describe women, including Miss “Piece of Ass,” Miss “Gold Digger,” Miss “Flat Chested,” Miss “Bimbo,” and Miss “Disgusting Animal.”
The Democratic super PAC “For Our Future” had the sashes made after Monday night’s debate, when Hillary Clinton brought up Trump’s treatment of former a Miss Universe, Alicia Machado

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/29/democrat-backed-beauty-queens-to-troll-gop.html
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 3rd, 2016 at 6:29:54 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Has anyone figured out which of Trump's exes leaked his old tax returns? You know, the one where the brilliant businessman incurs a loss of nearly $1 billion, which is the best loss of money in history!
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 3rd, 2016 at 6:36:10 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Nareed
Has anyone figured out which of Trump's exes leaked his old tax returns? You know, the one where the brilliant businessman incurs a loss of nearly $1 billion, which is the best loss of money in history!

Well, they were mailed to the NYT with a return address of Trump Tower.

Maybe it was Melania. She's been mostly MIA during the campaign. She knows her time as Trump's wife is limited. She's getting too old for him.
October 3rd, 2016 at 6:45:25 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
Maybe it was Melania.

That would be too good.

Quote:
She's getting too old for him.

I wonder whom is he cheating on her with?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 3rd, 2016 at 6:55:44 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Nareed
I wonder whom is he cheating on her with?

I would say Ivanka, but she's taken.