I would say Ivanka, but she's taken.

Taken shouldn't seem to matter.

I think it's with Putin.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 3rd, 2016 at 9:49:06 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Nareed
Has anyone figured out which of Trump's exes leaked his old tax returns? You know, the one where the brilliant businessman incurs a loss of nearly $1 billion, which is the best loss of money in history!

A lot of smart people disagree with me on this, but I think that the details revealed by the 1995 tax returns are not much of a scandal for Trump. Lots of voters hate the IRS, so those voters like the fact that Trump was able to legally avoid paying taxes. As for the fact that he lost $900 million in 1995, this isn't particularly shocking either, since we've known all along that Trump periodically uses the bankruptcy laws to avoid paying his debts. (He's declared bankruptcy 6 times.)

One footnote, though. There may be even more damaging details for Trump in some other tax years. A smarter politician would have released all the tax returns earlier in the summer, to have a little bit of control of the timing of the release. Trump's taking a gamble that more embarrassing tax details won't be revealed in late October or early November.
October 3rd, 2016 at 10:49:03 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
A lot of smart people disagree with me on this, but I think that the details revealed by the 1995 tax returns are not much of a scandal for Trump. Lots of voters hate the IRS, so those voters like the fact that Trump was able to legally avoid paying taxes.

And at the same time froth at the mouth on the assumption that "illegal" immigrants don't pay taxes.

Quote:
As for the fact that he lost $900 million in 1995, this isn't particularly shocking either, since we've known all along that Trump periodically uses the bankruptcy laws to avoid paying his debts. (He's declared bankruptcy 6 times.)

So he cheats on private as well as public debts. What schemes will he run from the White House, one wonders.

He can only lose support among his ardent backers if he starts acting like a decent person. That won't happen. But these things can be sued to sway reasonable people.

Quote:
One footnote, though. There may be even more damaging details for Trump in some other tax years.

Oh, I'm sure of it.

Quote:
A smarter politician would have released all the tax returns earlier in the summer,

A smarter politician wouldn't be Donald Trump.
October 5th, 2016 at 3:48:55 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Why can't we just forget about the presidential candidates and vote for the vice presidents? They would both make better presidents than either Hillary or Trump.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 5th, 2016 at 4:03:01 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
Why can't we just forget about the presidential candidates and vote for the vice presidents?

Something about a pitcher of warm urine or something.

I think Clinton could be a good president, with the right opposition in place (ie not the opposition she's likely to have). She's certainly qualified.

I can also imagine a number of people who'd be worse than Trump, but none who'd be more disastrous. His VP candidate would be worse, but not disastrous.
October 5th, 2016 at 5:15:48 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: FrGamble
Why can't we just forget about the presidential candidates and vote for the vice presidents? They would both make better presidents than either Hillary or Trump.

It's hard to imagine someone ruder than Trump, but Tim Kaine rudely interrupted Mike Pence 72 times! I wouldn't want him to be a house guest, let alone Vice President! If your child behaved like Kaine you would reprimand him and send him to his room.
October 5th, 2016 at 5:46:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
It's hard to imagine someone ruder than Trump, but Tim Kaine rudely interrupted Mike Pence 72 times!

Sorry, I don't know why rudeness is an issue to anybody who is even semi-supporting the Republican nominee.

It's the most ironic hypocritical complaint one could ever make.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 5th, 2016 at 5:48:08 PM permalink
rxwine
It's like accusing Trump of deleting 10 emails and trying to be serious as a complaint.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 5th, 2016 at 6:36:01 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I don't like the interrupting thing, either, no matter who is doing it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 5th, 2016 at 7:37:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Dalex64
I don't like the interrupting thing, either, no matter who is doing it.

I'm pretty sure Kaine was coached on how to take on Pence and interrupting was no accident. In fact blaming the team who advised him is more appropriate. It just didn't turn out to be a good strategy against Pence. JUst like advice strategy given in boxing matches. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's a mistake.

You can watch him debate here, if you just think he interrupts all the time.