Visa Ban

Page 3 of 20<123456>Last »
January 30th, 2017 at 6:06:30 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Among other nasty, stupid things, Golden Boy has placed white nationalist Steve Bannon in the National Security Council, and booted out the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. This means he's placing politics before national security. So when he signs his discriminatory, security theater diktat banning even lawful legal residents fro entering the US, you know he's playing politics to his supporters.

On the other hand, since his inauguration he's finally drawing the big, record-breaking crowds he wanted. They just so happen to be protesting him and his policies, but drawing so many people out is not bad.

I seriously hope all this aggressive antagonism he's displaying won't inspire someone to assassinate him.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 30th, 2017 at 6:11:32 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Nareed
I seriously hope all this aggressive antagonism he's displaying won't inspire someone to assassinate him.

I think it is assumed that the POTUS is always going to be the target of someone's assassination attempts. I doubt that whether they are hated or loved is a factor as much as their willingness to put themselves in front of the public.

The pope is much more beloved than President Donald Trump, but he takes huge risks.

Former UK prime minister Gordon Brown as widely hated as well.
January 30th, 2017 at 6:40:16 AM permalink
Nareed
One other thing, the lie's been exposed an you all on the anti-immigrant side can come out of the closet: you're against immigration. Period.

We never believed the lie that "we're not against immigration; we're against illegal immigration." Right now you're applauding an unconstitutional order that bars from the country people who have complied with all the legal hurdles and obtained student visas, work visas and legal residence status. You know, legal immigrants.

You were untroubled and remain so, in the era when most immigrants came from Europe. Now that most come from other places, you can't stand it. So be honest and admit it: you're not against immigration, you're only against non-white immigration.
January 30th, 2017 at 7:25:09 AM permalink
Canyonero
Threads: 10
One other thing, the lie's been exposed an you all on the anti-immigrant side can come out of the closet: you're against immigration. Period.

We never believed the lie that "we're not against immigration; we're against illegal immigration." Right now you're applauding an unconstitutional order that bars from the country people who have complied with all the legal hurdles and obtained student visas, work visas and legal residence status. You know, legal immigrants.

You were untroubled and remain so, in the era when most immigrants came from Europe. Now that most come from other places, you can't stand it. So be honest and admit it: you're not against immigration, you're only against non-white immigration.

Very good point, I hadn't realized that.
January 30th, 2017 at 8:43:33 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Canyonero
Very good point, I hadn't realized that.

It was in the news.

I'd be quite worried if I were a citizen from one of these seven countries currently in the US legally with a tourist, student or work visa, or a legal immigrant with a green card. What's to keep the Orange clown in the White House from issuing an order deporting all such people? Keep in mind many Iraqi refugees had to flee Iraq due to help they gave US troops in their country during the ill-conceived war there.
January 30th, 2017 at 9:47:59 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
What a genius. Once again Trump has shown his skills as a negotiator. For 8 years Oboma and the Democrats did nothing as far as immigration reform, even for the 2 years the Democrats controlled Congress. Now suddenly all the leberals are saying Donald is wrong, need to have meaningful immigration reform NOE, not the ban. Again, What a genius.
And a great humanitarian. Suddenly Canada is ready to accept more immigrants. About time.
January 30th, 2017 at 9:48:18 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
It was in the news.

I'd be quite worried if I were a citizen from one of these seven countries currently in the US legally with a tourist, student or work visa, or a legal immigrant with a green card. What's to keep the Orange clown in the White House from issuing an order deporting all such people? Keep in mind many Iraqi refugees had to flee Iraq due to help they gave US troops in their country during the ill-conceived war there.

Hopefully, the unconstitutionality of such an order would be a protection, but once Trump packs the Supreme Court with old white billionaires, that protection will be gone. The sad truth is that the Constitution is dying thanks to the recent Nazi takeover.

There might be a saving grace related to the Orange Asshole's childishly short attention span and his possible conviction that he's fulfilled his campaign promise with this flawed and unconstitutional order. One thing that might help the country is that he doesn't have the ability, let alone the inclination, to put in the work needed to form actual policy. Of course, the flip side of that is that he becomes just a figurehead, manipulated by his cabal of evil old white billionaires. Personally, I prefer the Orange One in his guise of crazy Twitter-flinger. He'll be like crazy King George III--the task being to keep him harmless and as unaware of what's going on as possible.
January 30th, 2017 at 9:54:13 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Can someone explain why it would be a bad thing for the U.S. to promote European immigration?
January 30th, 2017 at 9:59:14 AM permalink
buzzardknot
And yet Trump's leading candidate for the Supreme Court is an ex cab driver. And was the first in his family to go to college.
However in the interest of giving a balanced opinion, he is guilty of being a WHITE male. That will limit his chances.
January 30th, 2017 at 10:03:11 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Quote: pew
Can someone explain why it would be a bad thing for the U.S. to promote European immigration?

in 1960 European immigrants were 75% of legal immigrants, 2014 were 11% of legal immigrants. I think the problem is apparent. They were legal Immigrants.
Page 3 of 20<123456>Last »