Trinidad and Tobago

Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »
March 29th, 2017 at 11:27:54 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Wizard
As Jerry Seinfeld once wondered, what do they call a citizen of that country?
Contented.
March 30th, 2017 at 3:51:03 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
As Jerry Seinfeld once wondered, what do they call a citizen of that country?

First 40 seconds
March 30th, 2017 at 4:32:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Thanks. That is one country in the Caribbean you don't hear about often. As Jerry Seinfeld once wondered, what do they call a citizen of that country?

Don't know, just know they cannot set alarm clocks.
The President is a fink.
March 31st, 2017 at 3:43:34 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Fleastiff
Contented.

Oh!

why should we toil alone,
And make perpetual moan,
Still from one sorrow to another thrown:
Nor harken what the inner spirit sings,
"There is no joy but calm!"

sorry, something silly got into me
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 31st, 2017 at 5:13:35 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: odiousgambit
sorry, something silly got into me
I wiki'd that no joy but calm thing... Tennyson.
So leave Trinidad/Tobago behind and trek to St. Vincent: No hurricanes, no crime, no people. What do you call the people there? Rich tourists.
March 31st, 2017 at 1:45:27 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Fleastiff
I wiki'd that no joy but calm thing... Tennyson.
So leave Trinidad/Tobago behind and trek to St. Vincent: No hurricanes, no crime, no people. What do you call the people there? Rich tourists.

no joy but in goofing off, as Trinidadians* must do, and gives them joy, no? With all this green, lush, natural beauty, paradise [per FrG] and you sure of 'contentment', made these lines come to me, we too, not just Face, belong there, lying on the beach and all that. We! Must only we toil?

Actually I no longer dig lying on the beach and don't like poetry all that much !!

*No? didn't see that episode of Seinfeld so don't know what is wrong with that
March 31st, 2017 at 1:57:14 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

Actually I no longer dig lying on the beach and don't like poetry all that much !!

What?! Poetry is awesome!

Wheresoever be there a place,
where words can be spoken so strangely.
And a format of the letters
as you want, a la EvenBob.

Where whatever you say can mean whatever you want
with no real structure
and others can find their own meaning and bring joy to their life,
even if what you wrote is nonsensical s#$%

Lo! you need not even rhyme
and gosh but that that's a hard word to spell
I got the squiggles and tried thrice,
but the computer had to bail me out.

And you can just stop when you want, as I'll stop now, and 500 years from now this s#$% will be in a textbook for some idiot kids to ponder as if was some deeply significant expression. I sincerely love it. Actually, my best man's speech at my best friends wedding was a poem I wrote at work. It not only got applause, it even made the men cry =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 1st, 2017 at 4:00:32 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Face
What?! Poetry is awesome!

we're finding new layers, Face, new layers
April 1st, 2017 at 5:12:45 AM permalink
Fleastiff
. We! Must only we toil?
I've mentioned before about those yachts sailing around the world with Patreon dot com handling their video logs and benefactors. Yeah a few are middle aged couples a few are young marrieds but most are just young frolickers. The most stellar example is the Australian couple who met at some Greek/Turkish dive, she went to 'his place' which turned out to be a yacht he had just bought. When she woke up the next morning he asked if she would like to go sailing with him and make video blogs for the internet. They toured the world for four years and now own a one and a half million dollar catarmaran.

There are literally dozens of others: a woman who blogged her romance, marriage, abuse, divorce ... all while sailing the world on other people's money. A married couple from San Diego who opted to retire at 26. A solo woman sailor who traded her Volkswagon camper in Florida for a sailboat and set off for France followed by a few years of solo sailing and blogging and book writing about it. A bunch of girls who decided that bikini videos and sunshine sure beat being a fully clothed secretary on land. Some young Frenchmen who were gourmet cooks and wanted to sail the world so they did both: local guest chef gigs and internet video gourmet shows.

Now Patreon had page after page of yachts that are sailing the world based upon donations from The Toilers with whom they chat and from time to time meet in various ports. Page after page of people who've decided dead end jobs on land are not worth it and have chosen tropical sunshine, tropical fish and tropical fun instead of a cubicle somewhere. And of course this does not even include any of the hundreds of 'party boats' that flock to sunny climes with middle aged captains and a half dozen young female deckhands who have to be reminded to put on some clothes when coming into port.

So: Must only we toil?

Yes. It seems so.
April 1st, 2017 at 5:41:32 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
we're finding new layers, Face, new layers

One very interesting onion, that is for sure!!
Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »