United Drags Passenger from Plane

April 11th, 2017 at 3:19:25 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: DRich
I just read that it wasn't even a United Airlines flight. It was United Express operated by Republic Airlines.

Same difference. They operate the flight for United. United sells the seats, sets the fares, sets the routes, etc.

It's like claiming a particular action wasn't undertaken by the United States, but rather by the United States Navy.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 11th, 2017 at 3:19:27 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
Less credible? Huh?

So now you think he wasn't dragged from the plane? It's on video!

It is on video. But instead of seeming like a nice doctor dragged off I am more likely to think he wised off at the crew and caused the incident to escalate.

IOW, he has lost credibility with me so I am less likely to believe anything he says. Actions mean things.
The President is a fink.
April 11th, 2017 at 3:21:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Face
May I have his number?

You really might not want to have said that based on the later thread :-)
The President is a fink.
April 11th, 2017 at 3:22:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
IOW, he has lost credibility with me so I am less likely to believe anything he says. Actions mean things.

Who cares? It was clear from the beginning he never had any credibility with you. But that's the great thing about this story: what you think about him doesn't matter one bit!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 11th, 2017 at 3:27:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Who cares? It was clear from the beginning he never had any credibility with you. But that's the great thing about this story: what you think about him doesn't matter one bit!

Lets put it this way, someone who has to be forcibly ejected from an airplane will always have to prove they are not at fault to me, same as most cases of force with the cops, since usually the cops do not just rush in and beat people up. Cases of force I have seen or heard direct accounts follow this pattern.

What people think about him will matter, however. It will matter if the civil case goes to a jury trial. It will matter if he faces criminal charges. This is how life works.
The President is a fink.
April 11th, 2017 at 3:30:02 PM permalink
ams288
What people think about him will matter, however. It will matter if the civil case goes to a jury trial. It will matter if he faces criminal charges. This is how life works.

You won't be in the jury pool. So I stand by what I said: what you think about him doesn't matter one bit.
April 11th, 2017 at 3:34:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
You won't be in the jury pool. So I stand by what I said: what you think about him doesn't matter one bit.

But there will be others thinking the same way. Do you get the point?
The President is a fink.
April 11th, 2017 at 3:37:05 PM permalink
ams288
But there will be others thinking the same way. Do you get the point?

This will never ever go to trial. United would never let it get that far.

Especially given this breaking development:

United Airlines Promised Federal Regulators That All Ticketed Passengers Are Guaranteed Seats
April 11th, 2017 at 3:43:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
This will never ever go to trial. United would never let it get that far.

You are still missing the point that having a history of trading narcotics for gay sex is not going to help your public opinion.

Well, liberals might like the guy more, but not the rest of us.
The President is a fink.
April 11th, 2017 at 3:45:49 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Nareed
Same difference. They operate the flight for United. United sells the seats, sets the fares, sets the routes, etc.

It's like claiming a particular action wasn't undertaken by the United States, but rather by the United States Navy.

My point is the outrage should be directed at Republic Airlines as they employ and manage the staff. Where is the outcry "Don't fly Republic"? I believe Republic operates flights for United Express, American Eagle, and Delta Connection. Shouldn't we be boycotting all flights of Republic?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.