United Drags Passenger from Plane

April 11th, 2017 at 3:08:48 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Frog marching him off the plane while physically upright would have been much better; the cop lost his cool but obviously force was necessary to get him off the plane and into custody. The airline exhausted other options and the cops don't care what his views on the matter are, if the crew says eject him, they eject him.
April 11th, 2017 at 6:54:12 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
I was bumped by Mexicana in Zacatecas and I showed up an hour early and they did not ask for any volunteers or offer any type of incentive.

Depending on when this was, there are varying explanations for it. For instance, at a time in the 90s, I think, both Mexicana and Aeromexico were owned by the government through a holding company called CINTRA. Back then they were a monopoly and had incredibly high prices and the lousiest customer service imaginable.

Quote:
It's a terrible place to get bumped as there are almost no options.

Which explains the lack of incentives or compensation.

BTW, I've no idea what the rules are for bumping passengers in Mexico. For all the increased amount of travel the department does lately, it hasn't come up.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 11th, 2017 at 7:33:24 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The "optics" of the situation are terrible, too.

See, United bumped people off a plane, and one was violently removed, to give their seats to employees.

This looks bad. it would look bad even if four people had volunteered without a fuss, but it wouldn't have made the news.

Usually, though, in a service business, you expect employees and management to suffer inconvenience for the sake of the customer, within reason. United very publicly did the reverse (and went far beyond inconvenience for one man).

It might get worse. I'm hearing the United crew didn't need to be at Louisville until two days after that fateful flight. Therefore they could wait for the next day to travel, and this whole thing was literally for no reason at all.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 11th, 2017 at 9:40:34 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
According to this article the doctor has been convicted for trading hydrocodone prescriptions for sex.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Man-removed-from-United-flight-has-criminal-record-419150154.html
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 11th, 2017 at 9:43:04 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Well, the girls could have flown wearing leggings and the tempest would not have taken place...same thing. A low level manager's decision backfires... but once made, thats it. Told to get off, you get off. The cop didn't want such a 'low level' bust that is hardly worth the paperwork, but he has no choice. The passengers don't like biological fluids on the seat rests and carpets and all opted for delayed flights (I'm sure with compensation). Expensive mess, but once the 'lottery' says you get bumped you get bumped even if its some stupid employee who should know better.

No great danger if young girls are dressed alittle slutty, but a great danger if a passenger is non-compliant. No flight attendant wants to take off with that already started, it only gets worse, not better in flight.
April 11th, 2017 at 10:00:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
According to this article the doctor has been convicted for trading hydrocodone prescriptions for sex.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Man-removed-from-United-flight-has-criminal-record-419150154.html

This changes everything!

/sarcasm
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 11th, 2017 at 10:33:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
This changes everything!

Actually it does show the kind of person he is. It makes him less credible.
The President is a fink.
April 11th, 2017 at 10:48:07 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: DRich

May I have his number?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 11th, 2017 at 10:57:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Actually it does show the kind of person he is. It makes him less credible.

Less credible? Huh?

So now you think he wasn't dragged from the plane? It's on video!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 11th, 2017 at 11:58:49 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Yeah, he had patients in the hospital
to treat. lol

"Dao was convicted of multiple felony counts of obtaining drugs by fraud and deceit in November 2004 and was placed on five years of supervised probation in January 2005, according to the documents. He surrendered his medical license the next month."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.