Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
God created man.

I've heard that unproven theory. It
doesn't hold water, no evidence.
But there is plenty of evidence we
created gods, overwhelming, in fact.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 10th, 2018 at 8:03:44 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Oh right, the overwhelming evidence there is no God that you don't or better yet can't share.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 10th, 2018 at 8:17:50 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Oh right, the overwhelming evidence there is no God that you don't or better yet can't share.

Padre - you keep asking us to prove God doesn't exist but, you are the one making the claim that God does exist - the burden of proof is on you (and, please, give us more than the Bible tells us so or God is all around us or "How else could the universe have come into existence?" --those are not provable facts)
June 10th, 2018 at 8:40:05 PM permalink
FrGamble
No Evenbob is making a positive statement just like I am. I say God absolutely exists and he is saying God absolutely does not exist. It is one thing to say I don't believe in God, it is another thing to say with certainty that God doesn't exist.

I agree you cannot prove a negative, in fact I don't think you can prove even a positive statement with mathematical certainty. Saying something absolutely does not exist is making an equal truth claim to me. Isn't that the point of your silly invisible dinosaur. I can't prove it doesn't exist and you can't prove it does. He doesn't get it that the atheist position is even more problematic than the theist position because he does not have philosophy, logic, science, miracles, testimony, or personal experience to back up his truth claim that God surely does not exist. I can't prove my position either but at least I have reasons to support it. Where is the reason or evidence to hold the radical position of atheism?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 10th, 2018 at 8:49:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Oh right, the overwhelming evidence .

"Throughout recorded history, we can count anywhere from 8,000–12,000 gods who have been worshiped. No one is quite sure how many gods are still worshiped in modern times, but the list is likely no fewer than 24 major gods and maybe about a 100 or so minor deities and spirits."

Your chosen god, Yahweh, is one of these
gods still worshiped. All the other gods
have names also. Did these gods create
us, as you seem to think? Or is it true that
our fertile minds created them to answer
all our unanswered questions. And as
science progressed, our need for these
invented gods fell away.

Now you'll have a bunch of bluster
and indignation about your one little
god being important. But you work
for the minions of this god, they pay
you and support you to say these things.
You're like my local Chevy dealer telling
me how much better your cars are
than Fords. What else would you say,
you're a Chevy company man..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 10th, 2018 at 10:55:23 PM permalink
FrGamble
You just don't get it do you?
June 10th, 2018 at 11:05:47 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83

Padre - you are the on not getting it - as I’ve stated previously - put someone in a religious bubble where they can never be proselytized to from infancy but all else remains a normal life - odds that person believes the Torah, Bible or Q’uran are not works of fiction?
June 10th, 2018 at 11:32:57 PM permalink
Evenbob

Get 'it'? What 'it' do you mean. Actually, some
of the other gods are actually more real to
me in concept because I've seen them
portrayed in movies all my life. Gods like
Pan, Zeus, Poseidon, Hermes, Heracles,
and so many more. These gods kind of
make sense in a mythical way. I can see
why they were needed for primitive people.

Your god is never portrayed as anything
other than an idea. Some nebulous being
somewhere that supposedly answers prayers
& judges us. Oh, and 'loves' us with some
kind of weird idea of love that nobody can
quite figure out. I'm going to get a woman
pregnant with myself so you can kill me
on the cross, that's how much I love you.

That's just nutty.

What is the 'it' that I don't get.
June 10th, 2018 at 11:37:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: aceofspades
Padre - you are the on not getting it - as I’ve stated previously - put someone in a religious bubble where they can never be proselytized to from infancy but all else remains a normal life - odds that person believes the Torah, Bible or Q’uran are not works of fiction?

That's me. I grew up in a non religious
home and knew almost nothing about
any religion except as entertainment
in movies like Ben Hur, or The Ten
Commandments. When I started to
investigate Xtionity seriously in my
20's, my reaction became one of dismay.
Like, are you kidding me, you actually
believe all of this? And my incredulity
has only increased over the decades.
June 10th, 2018 at 11:39:00 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: aceofspades

Then they convert as an adult like I did.