FBI Director Comey

May 10th, 2017 at 4:03:01 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Yes, the Dems wanted him fired, and trump wouldn't do it.

Now, he did it, and claims it is for the same reasons that the Dems had, actions which trump had previously given praise for.

So, one question is, why now? Another is, are those the real reasons?

So on the one hand I think the Dems are happy he was fired. I also don't​ think they believe the reasons he was fired. If the reasons he was fired are what the Democrats suspect, then that is why they are mad.

I just saw what JimRockford said, so also what he said.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 10th, 2017 at 5:02:54 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Golden Boy and his lackeys need to understand one thing:

The president is not the top boss of the country. He's the employee of hundreds of millions of free citizens, even those who didn't or can't vote.

And he's a temp.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 10th, 2017 at 5:25:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: JimRockford
Firing him right after his testimony and making reference to the investigation in his termination letter smells really bad.

Only if you have something to hide, which
Trump does not. To him it's just a logical
thing to do.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 10th, 2017 at 5:37:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
DRAIN THE SWAMP!

The President is a fink.
May 10th, 2017 at 6:20:15 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Only if you have something to hide, which
Trump does not.

You are truly hilarious.

No one takes you seriously (except AZ), yet you still humiliate yourself on a daily basis.... for what? lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 10th, 2017 at 6:27:21 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Pacomartin

Comey informed President Trump, on three separate occasions, that he is not under investigation. All President Trump did was to concur with a decision reached by the DOJ.

Excellent report by the Washington Post:

How Trump’s anger and impatience prompted him to fire the FBI director

Quote:
In his Tuesday letter dismissing Comey, Trump wrote: “I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation.” People familiar with the matter said that statement is not accurate, although they would not say how it was inaccurate. FBI officials declined to comment on the statement, and a White House official refused to discuss conversations between Trump and Comey.

Can't wait till Comey gets asked under oath about this! Donald's gonna be in trooooouble!
May 10th, 2017 at 6:53:23 PM permalink
ams288
LOL now the WSJ chimes in:

May 10th, 2017 at 6:58:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Maybe Trump's lies will finally catch up with him.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 10th, 2017 at 7:13:31 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
That was a really interesting article.

I was going to point out how some people here think that people take and keep absolute positions on things, can never change their minds given new information, or that they might be upset for various reasons even if they get what they say they want.

It seems they have the same problem in the white house.

Quote:
Trump and some of his advisers did not fully anticipate the ferocious reaction — in fact, some wrongly assumed many Democrats would support the move because they had been critical of Comey in the past — and were unprepared to contain the fallout.

It is a lack of understanding, empathy, and perhaps the people in the white house think people are as stupid as they themselves are.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 10th, 2017 at 9:05:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The Dems are screaming this is a constitutional
crisis, Trump can't fire an FBI director! Oops, sure
he can, an FBI director serves at the will of the
president and can be fired with no reason given.
The Dems begged Obama to fire him, how was
that not a 'constitutional crisis' also.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.