Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

December 1st, 2017 at 5:58:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Wizard
As I get older I find women surprisingly more approachable. When I was under the age of 30 it was hard to get the time of day from any of them. However, none of them are groping me or anything like that, unfortunately.
Shouldn't be long now Wizard. You will have to carry a stick around with you to beat them away. Not long at all. Prolly time to start thinking about hiding some assets, way of the world.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 1st, 2017 at 5:59:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
As I get older I find women surprisingly more approachable. When I was under the age of 30 it was hard to get the time of day from any of them. However, none of them are groping me or anything like that, unfortunately.

Yup, and with every passing year it
gets easier and easier. As soon as
you turn or look 50, you are no
longer considered dangerous to
women, they can smile at you and
not wonder if you're going to
ask for their number. And if you
do, they will be disgusted and
appalled.

All men go thru this, at first it's
flattering, then when the truth
sets in, it's just depressing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 2nd, 2017 at 12:17:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Just don't start wearing your pants too high and avoid the combover.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 2nd, 2017 at 3:04:46 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Garrison Keillor, after suffering total creative and economic death due to mere accusation of one incident of inappropriate groping, "I may have to leave the country to be able to walk around without accusatory stares".
He has estimated he has ten years of creativity left to him and has stated the incident has brought him even closer to his wife, a violinist for an opera company.

Meanwhile, Australian media executive who years ago placed his 'equipment' on the bar in front of a young female intern continues to work for the network.
December 2nd, 2017 at 11:20:14 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

That is because we are old and non-threatening now.

When I meet a woman under 35yo all I think is I wonder if her mother would be interested in me.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 4th, 2017 at 4:24:49 PM permalink
Fleastiff
That Sopranos Come To Middle Earth show, Game of Thrones, has oodles of gratuitous violence toward women. I wonder if all these men who've had their careers ruined by this MeToo fanaticism are watching it non-stop.

I saw an on=air promo for that movie about J. Paul Getty and it was the new actor who was depicted, they probably have not even finished his film shots yet but Kevin Spacey was not in the promo.
December 5th, 2017 at 9:08:25 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Netflix has dropped scientologist Danny Masterson due to rape allegations

For a while there, Netflix was backing Danny
until a chance encounter at a children's soccer game
A Netflix exec was watching his kids play
He was approached by another parent
The parent inquired about the Masterson case
The exec said his he and his fellow executives don't believe the accusers
The Parent was shocked, "I'm one of the accusers"
Couple days later Netflix drops Masterson

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/danny-masterson-netflix-executive-rape-allegations_us_5a24b480e4b03c44072e6b97

"Netflix Exec Tells Woman The Company Doesn’t Believe Actor’s Rape Accusers. Then She Said She Was One.
Police are investigating four women’s claims that “The Ranch” star Danny Masterson raped them in the early 2000s."
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 5th, 2017 at 3:07:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
error delete
The President is a fink.
December 5th, 2017 at 3:34:32 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Georgie Porgie Pudding and Pie
Kissed the Girls and made them Cry
Till one brave girl put the little creep in Prison.

Yeah, its the new version. Earlier ones were The Scottish boys marching south sent King George into a flight for safety in Europe or else the London Fire by an arsonist in Pudding Lane and the fire being quenched in Pie Corner. Fairy Tales are being rewritten, perhaps due to the fairy tale accusations being made, perhaps not.
December 5th, 2017 at 3:34:32 PM permalink
Fleastiff
The presumption of innocence applies in the criminal and civil courts but journalists and lynch mobs do not think it applies in the court of public opinion.

The accusations range from offended feelings at language deemed by the hearer to be inappropriate to life scaring violent rapes.

What is the proper course for a journalist? And for the MeToo feeding frenzy?

The Edwardian Era had a public pretense of separation of males and females and that Little Red Riding Hood was to be protected from Big, Bad Wolves, and this was rigidly enforced amongst the lower classes while the wealthy partied at country houses wherein a morning bell was rung to signal that gentlemen should return to their own rooms.

Are we returning to protection of the weak or to hypocrisy or just ending patriarchal authority and replacing it with matriarchal authority.

Tsunami of penises? Strange term but its the journalists who heighten the tsunami.