1 vote (4.54%)
8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

January 2nd, 2020 at 3:42:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Besides that, if you're worried that 55 percent of the population will be happy with the results of something you hate and 45 percent won't, then welcome to reality.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 2nd, 2020 at 4:07:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
If they drop dead right after taking office, still better than another 4 years of Trump.

Too much peace and prosperity for ya?
The President is a fink.
January 2nd, 2020 at 4:40:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
January 2nd, 2020 at 4:43:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Too much peace and prosperity for ya?

Trump is only showing you can make more money in the short term essentially by a disposable economy, and little to no responsibility to the future except for security.

If America was a company with Trump ruining it, I’d liken it to an industrial plant which is maximizing profits by dumping chemicals illegally, getting rid of regulations that protect worker safety, and the surrounding community, and placating workers with a minor wage increase, while directing a lions share to top management.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 2nd, 2020 at 4:49:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Trump is only showing you can make more money in the short term essentially by a disposable economy, and little to no responsibility to the future except for security.

If America was a company with Trump ruining it, I’d liken it to an industrial plant which is maximizing profits by dumping chemicals illegally, getting rid of regulations that protect worker safety, and the surrounding community, and placating workers with a minor wage increase, while directing a lions share to top management.

In what reality are you living?
The President is a fink.
January 2nd, 2020 at 5:01:57 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Gee, the recent fact that lowest income workers had a higher percentage gain than the highest income workers should just be ignored? By the way, did that happen during the Obama administration? I think not....

Can you point to a single example of worker safety regulations removed as a result of Trump being President that has resulted in worker injuries? I'll bet companies can point to regulations being removed that saved millions.
I've lived with RIDICULOUS rules and regulations that made someone feel good about enacting, but analysis would CLEARLY show they were misguided.

A different post mentioned the 55% that want liberal/progressive policies. That is no surprise. If you are a have not, why not just take it from the haves? The constant harping about the "1%", like it is a sign of dishonor to have succeeded to get there.......

I'm now a poor pensioner...... There is no doubt I would now do better with a give it all away, take it from the high earners, Democrat. I just can't be that selfish.
January 2nd, 2020 at 5:11:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
Gee, the recent fact that lowest income workers had a higher percentage gain than the highest income workers should just be ignored? By the way, did that happen during the Obama administration? I think not....

Okay, I give you that. That’s like 1 point for success where parity even in percentage has fallen way behind.

I know offhand air pollution standards were rolled back under Trump. But it’s hardly the only thing.

You think more toxins in the air won’t hurt plenty of people? That’s hardly the only thing.
January 2nd, 2020 at 5:15:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Okay, I give you that. That’s like 1 point for success where parity even in percentage has fallen way behind.

I know offhand air pollution standards were rolled back under Trump. But it’s hardly the only thing.

You think more toxins in the air won’t hurt plenty of people? That’s hardly the only thing.

The air is clean, very clean. Draconian regulations do not make things "better."

Obama and his admin liked writing regulations for regulations sake. A common thing among people in government. As government produces nothing they need some way to measure themselves.

So Obama raises CAFE standards to unattainable standards. Puts people into smaller cars, causing more people to die in car crashes.

I guess you thing that is a good thing? Hey hey, we had more regulations!
The President is a fink.
January 2nd, 2020 at 5:36:37 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: SOOPOO

Can you point to a single example of worker safety regulations removed as a result of Trump being President that has resulted in worker injuries? I'll bet companies can point to regulations being removed that saved millions.
I've lived with RIDICULOUS rules and regulations that made someone feel good about enacting, but analysis would CLEARLY show they were misguided....
The way it appeared to me with the addition of onerous safety regulations heaped year after year, it didn't matter so much which party was in charge, it seemed as though it was insurance company's driving safety dictates? Rule after rule after regulation did not make things safer, but it did seem to allow employers to lower team sizes, which directly made work more dangerous.

Work is as dangerous as it ever was, for those that get involved with it.

We don't need more rules, there are to many now and...it's hard to get workers to follow this many. https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-gets-10-5m-louisville-191151895.html
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 2nd, 2020 at 5:49:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
The way it appeared to me with the addition of onerous safety regulations heaped year after year, it didn't matter so much which party was in charge, it seemed as though it was insurance company's driving safety dictates? Rule after rule after regulation did not make things safer, but it did seem to allow employers to lower team sizes, which directly made work more dangerous.

Work is as dangerous as it ever was, for those that get involved with it.

We don't need more rules, there are to many now and...it's hard to get workers to follow this many. https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-gets-10-5m-louisville-191151895.html

I've no argument that some regulations are bad. That's not a reason to think they don't serve an extremely important purpose.

Go put your money in an unregulated bank if you think it's smart.

Get unregulated health care from now on.

etc.,