I need you to come into work this weekend

July 2nd, 2019 at 7:10:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Say that you think it is fair to take the 4 days.

Then say NOTHING.

Classic close. He talks first he caves. You talk first you cave.
The President is a fink.
July 2nd, 2019 at 7:18:54 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: AZDuffman

Then say NOTHING.

The choices are to stay and earn a living or leave for the unknown
July 2nd, 2019 at 7:27:25 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Wow, I couldn't deal with the little PTO you get. I would demand what little PTO you think you deserve or leave. I work for PTO. I get 5 weeks, keeps me from quitting. I couldn't deal with less then 5 weeks a year. We work way way too hard in this country. Way too little PTO given out. I feel fortunate to get 5 weeks. It should be the norm, not the exception
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 2nd, 2019 at 7:36:27 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: terapined
Wow, I couldn't deal with the little PTO you get. I would demand what little PTO you think you deserve or leave. I work for PTO. I get 5 weeks, keeps me from quitting. I couldn't deal with less then 5 weeks a year. We work way way too hard in this country. Way too little PTO given out. I feel fortunate to get 5 weeks. It should be the norm, not the exception

We don't even get a lunch hour
We are allowed to eat food at our desk
July 2nd, 2019 at 7:51:38 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22

Then say NOTHING.

Perfect. You answer the question honestly, and he can’t move because he let you decide. “If I didn’t think it was fair, I wouldn’t have scheduled the days. I always have the best interest of the firm in mind, and I know they feel the same way about me.”

Next.
July 2nd, 2019 at 8:46:48 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: aceofspades

I am currently trying to calm down and try not to just scream F U and walking out!

It's like teaching my kid to walk. He's almost there. Is exciting =)

But yeah. Has been and remains the answer. If you'd done it when I first said, you'd be working somewhere else already.

But I get it.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
July 2nd, 2019 at 10:33:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mosca
Perfect. You answer the question honestly, and he can’t move because he let you decide. “If I didn’t think it was fair, I wouldn’t have scheduled the days. I always have the best interest of the firm in mind, and I know they feel the same way about me.”

Next.

No matter the exact wording the key is for it to just be short and a "yes" then SHUT UP. Don't make a long argument about it. If you try to defend yourself here, you lose. And nobody expects it. Chances are the owner will be stunned, it will be as if someone punched him in the mouth. My prediction is he will talk first and be defensive, then cave.

If he fires, then he was going to fire anyways. The protege owning him shows he has little resistance.

It is like when I told my boss I just did not do something. I was fed up enough to prefer to die on my feet instead of live on my knees.
The President is a fink.
July 2nd, 2019 at 11:04:32 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades
The choices are to stay and earn a living or leave for the unknown

If you go back 10 days, I said
no way they will let you go to
Vegas, and if you do go, your
job will be gone when you get
back. I also said there are lawyers
in firms that never go on vacay
for this reason.

Never met a lawyer or a doctor
that liked his job, let alone loved
it. They always wish they'd gone
into something else.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 2nd, 2019 at 3:39:42 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
No matter the exact wording the key is for it to just be short and a "yes" then SHUT UP. Don't make a long argument about it. If you try to defend yourself here, you lose. And nobody expects it. Chances are the owner will be stunned, it will be as if someone punched him in the mouth. My prediction is he will talk first and be defensive, then cave.

If he fires, then he was going to fire anyways. The protege owning him shows he has little resistance.

It is like when I told my boss I just did not do something. I was fed up enough to prefer to die on my feet instead of live on my knees.

I make my living by asking for the business.
July 2nd, 2019 at 5:09:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mosca
I make my living by asking for the business.

I wish I had better sales ability. OTOH, I have over my life become amazed at how far you can get by just doing and asking forgiveness if needed. Also just asking for certain kinds of help or information. To the point of ready to pull my hair out when a younger person on the crew is afraid to do so.
The President is a fink.