I need you to come into work this weekend

July 17th, 2019 at 10:35:45 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades
— I guess if you are a young, hot chick older adult males will do whatever you tell them

Chris Rock has a great line from
one of his old routines. He says
men don't really have platonic
female friends. All women fall
into two categories, those we've
had sex with, and those we want
to have sex with but haven't yet.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 17th, 2019 at 10:53:35 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: AZDuffman
Some things they do not teach in law school. :-)

July 18th, 2019 at 8:09:28 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
So we have a new attorney that just joined the firm and the Protege has basically commandeered her time even though she was hired to help with the Owner's cases

Today, as it is my last day in the office before heading on vacation, I was talking with the sassy secretary and the Owner's personal assistant came over to tell us that the Protege told her to tell us that we were "talking too loudly" -- meanwhile, his office is 100 feet away -- he did it just to be a D**K - naturally, he did not come tell us himself -- moreover, he routinely takes calls via speakerphone and blasts it louder than a Manowar concert

The new attorney then dropped by my office to ask if she knew when we might get all our computers networked - I laughed and told her I asked for that when we had a meeting my first two weeks here and was shot down by the Protege, who told me it was unnecessary and too expensive -- fast forward to moments ago when the new attorney told me the Protege told her, when she brought it up, that he has been lobbying for networked computers and everyone else has been against him - F him!!!

So the new attorney just came into my office to tell me that she does not like the firm’s default writing style (I do not like it either as it is basically run-on sentence after run-on sentence) and then tells me she is going to “change how the firm writes” — I can’t even doubt her as she has only been here 3 days and, despite my continually ignored and derided requests over the past year for the firm to install a network so everyone can access the firm’s catalog of briefs and templates, she just informed me, and I confirmed, that next Week we are having a network installed and a seminar regarding how to use the new network system — I guess if you are a young, hot chick older adult males will do whatever you tell them

Don't waste any energy resenting her. That office is so dysfunctional that her time in the barrel will come soon enough. She's just in a honeymoon period.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
July 21st, 2019 at 7:11:56 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Dropped off the list, time to ask: AoS, did these people suddenly turn into humans?
July 31st, 2019 at 7:27:13 AM permalink
aceofspades
So, yesterday, the new hot chick attorney was stressed out because the Protege (who has been on vacation for the past 10 days and only arrived back in the office this morning) told her a brief was due by 5pm yesterday -- she started venting to another attorney and me and we asked her whether to not the brief was actually due yesterday -- she said that that was what the Protege told her -- we informed her that all is not what it seems when it comes to the Protege -- she looked up the Court schedule and determine the brief was not due until August 19th -- so, the Protege had her coming in over the weekend and staying until 9pm to finish the brief when it was never really due on the date he claimed -- we recommended that she tell the Owner about this as the Owner had wanted her to work on something for him but the Protege had her tell the Owner that she was working on a brief for him that was due “immediately” -- the hot chick responded that she didn’t want to “throw the Protege under the bus” -- the other attorney and I laughed and told her she will soon learn that the Protege will through anyone and everyone under the bus but, if something goes right, take the credit -- it remains to be seen what she decides to do

In other hot chick news, the young attorney here seems to be making a play for her -- more on that as the news comes in

As for the Protege and me, well, he started in with me right away this morning - asking me to research something for him I researched a few weeks ago -- it turns out, my research was correct but the Court clerk screwed up on the filing -- I found this out when I called the Court clerk moments ago and realized they stated that the law said one thing when it says another - i even prompted the Court clerk to point me in the direction of the law they relied on in rejecting our papers - after a 5-minute wait on hold, they came back and informed me that their supervisor stated that cannot tell me the Article and Section number of the law because that would be akin to “giving legal advice” - the real reason is that the law they claim to be following does not exist anywhere -- so, I tell the Protege all of this and he gets upset, telling me there is no way I could know what the clerk was thinking - I replied that, “Yes, I could, as I just called them” - he then became annoyed and told me to print out the correct law for him (that I printed out a couple of weeks ago for him that he obviously misplaced)

Oh, finally, remember when I was on vacation (seems like forever ago) and the Protege had me change one word in the brief, which I did from vacation (unsure why he couldn’t change one F’g word himself), well, I am looking at the brief and the word was never changed (which could have been another reason it was rejected)

F the Protege!!!
July 31st, 2019 at 10:20:26 AM permalink
Evenbob
"it remains to be seen what she decides to do"

She won't do anything, women would
rather be walked on than rock the boat.
They want to be liked by everybody
first and foremost, whereas men don't
care.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 31st, 2019 at 10:32:03 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob
"it remains to be seen what she decides to do"

She won't do anything, women would
rather be walked on than rock the boat.
They want to be liked by everybody
first and foremost, whereas men don't
care.

She is one of those "I am woman, hear me roar" types
July 31st, 2019 at 10:36:54 AM permalink
Evenbob

Never met a woman who could stand
even one person not liking her.
July 31st, 2019 at 10:47:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Keep as far away as possible!
The President is a fink.
July 31st, 2019 at 12:04:23 PM permalink
aceofspades
So I have been on this big case for the past week, making appearances, drafting briefs — the new hot chick attorney in the office has been on it tangentially - so, there is a big phone call about to take place on the case in a few minutes so The Owner’s assistant told the hot chick attorney and me to go into The Owner’s office to wait for the call — as I walked in, the hot chick attorney and The Owner’s assistant were standing in front of his desk — The Owner sees me come into he office and waves me off saying I don’t need to be there — his assistant then says “Doug should be here as he is the one that has made the appearances on the case, the client and client’s family trust Doug and really like him and Doug has been on this case from the beginning” — The Owner got a pissed off look on his face and sternly stated “DON’T TELL ME HOW TO RUN MY OFFICE!” — the assistant replied that she was only bringing up how the case had been running up until moments ago - to which The Owner replied “ENOUGH! I DON’T PAY YOU TO RUN MY OFFICE - I RUN MY OFFICE ANY WAY I WANT!” — that is the 2nd case this week that I was involved with from the beginning that I’ve been taken off of