I need you to come into work this weekend

July 10th, 2019 at 8:27:10 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
I would put in for FMLA and take a month off

With my company I would not even consider that. Besides, it is a matter of pride to be back as soon as possible. I just found out yesterday that I have had a broken back for at least the last six years. I am old school, work through the pain.

The broken back is the reason for the quick surgery. If it was just the three herniated discs, they would make me wait.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 10th, 2019 at 9:17:34 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: DRich
I thought 3 weeks seemed ridiculous considering it is only one night in the hospital. They want me to begin physical therapy the first week but not go to work for 3 weeks. That seems backwards to me.

My mom got spinal fusion in 1986. She was a mess for over a month. Long time of advances since, but it's not trivial surgery.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
July 10th, 2019 at 9:28:10 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: beachbumbabs
My mom got spinal fusion in 1986. She was a mess for over a month. Long time of advances since, but it's not trivial surgery.

I am guessing quite different. Today it is done by a robot and I believe only two one inch incisions.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 11th, 2019 at 12:40:56 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
You are hurting my brain, DRich! People are always asking me medical questions, and my answer is usually something like this.... Find a doctor you trust who is expert in the problem you have. Follow the plan that doctor prescribes. That does not just include the day of surgery. You have gobs of vacation time you haven't used! Follow your doctor's plan! DO NOT GO BACK TO WORK FOR 3 weeks.

I don't exactly know what you do for a living, but imagine you tell your client to file the most important form today, but less important ones each day for the next 3 weeks. But they just decide to file them all on day one. Do you give out your instructions for the hell of it or have you thought it out? Why do you think that of the doctor you are trusting your back with?
July 11th, 2019 at 1:07:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
You are hurting my brain, DRich! People are always asking me medical questions,
?

Quit telling people you're a doctor,
duh. Lawyers do the same thing.
They tell everybody they're a
lawyer and then piss and moan
when they get asked legal questions.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 11th, 2019 at 1:54:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: SOOPOO
You are hurting my brain, DRich! People are always asking me medical questions, and my answer is usually something like this.... Find a doctor you trust who is expert in the problem you have. Follow the plan that doctor prescribes. That does not just include the day of surgery. You have gobs of vacation time you haven't used! Follow your doctor's plan! DO NOT GO BACK TO WORK FOR 3 weeks.

I don't exactly know what you do for a living, but imagine you tell your client to file the most important form today, but less important ones each day for the next 3 weeks. But they just decide to file them all on day one. Do you give out your instructions for the hell of it or have you thought it out? Why do you think that of the doctor you are trusting your back with?
Even the hospital where he's having the procedure done doesn't trust the doctor, there having a robot do surgery ! : )
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 11th, 2019 at 2:15:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph
Even the hospital where he's having the procedure done doesn't trust the doctor, there having a robot do surgery ! : )

Can you sue a robot?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 12th, 2019 at 9:21:47 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
WOW - the orthodox jewish guy in the office is becoming more brazen each day - today he left at 11:30am — a full 9 hours before sunset

The Owner is looking for him now - this should be interesting
July 12th, 2019 at 10:23:37 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: aceofspades
WOW - the orthodox jewish guy in the office is becoming more brazen each day - today he left at 11:30am — a full 9 hours before sunset

The Owner is looking for him now - this should be interesting

It’s 5:00 somewhere...
July 12th, 2019 at 10:34:29 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: aceofspades
orthodox jewish guy

He's golden, those are 3 magic words to
employers, hands off..