The Gay Thread

June 13th, 2022 at 2:58:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Baloney, it has NEVER been "disproved;" fact is, more evidence in support of the theory is forthcoming; see e.g.:

https://beta.nsf.gov/news/how-did-life-begin

Yes, it was. The flask is still on display with no life in it. If it did then we should have life elsewhere is our solar system.

Your article actually supports that a higher power created life. Now, based on your posts I am figuring you think that it had to literally be that story of creation in the Garden of Eden and God making it all in 7 days. This is based on your reading and taking of things literally and not thinking critically.

Molecules are inanimate. They cannot act on their own to do things. So if a molecule "midwived" some kind of life that just convinces me more that some kind of God acted to make it happen.

Quote:
You said that I believe such a gene exists: nope, I never said that.

Maybe there is, dunno.

I don't know quite what causes people to be gay, nor do I particularly care.

If you believe "born that way" you are effectively saying you believe in a gay gene. Whether it is an actual gene or some other kind or bad wiring is not what matters, science has not found any such thing.
The President is a fink.
June 13th, 2022 at 6:46:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mooseton
Common sense is ok to teach. Not for you apparently.

I thought you were a conservative. They usually oppose the government butting into the personal affairs even if it's a contentious issue for other people.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 13th, 2022 at 7:12:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
a new bill that passed in the Ohio House of Representatives earlier this month (the Senate president has said the Senate is likely to hold hearings on related bills this fall). The House bill would require children of “disputed” sex to provide a physician’s statement categorizing them as male or female. The doctor’s examination would evaluate “the participant’s internal and external anatomy,” the bill says, as well as “the participant’s normal endogenously produced levels of testosterone” and “an analysis of the participant’s genetic makeup.”

Examining child's genitals if someone makes a challenge. Any tomboy girl who is too good in a sport could be challenged. Seems way beyond making someone wear a paper mask. Where are the Republican freedom fighters?

At least Democrats don't lie about preferring government pass some laws about social changes which we think would serve the public good.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 14th, 2022 at 9:21:23 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
Examining child's genitals if someone makes a challenge. Any tomboy girl who is too good in a sport could be challenged. Seems way beyond making someone wear a paper mask. Where are the Republican freedom fighters?

At least Democrats don't lie about preferring government pass some laws about social changes which we think would serve the public good.

You are Way too over thinking about this. Freedom is not about cheating in sports. But, perhaps, that’s what freedom means to you.
June 15th, 2022 at 4:27:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
You are Way too over thinking about this. Freedom is not about cheating in sports. But, perhaps, that’s what freedom means to you.

“Freedom is about forcing genital examinations on children” -righties
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 15th, 2022 at 5:06:40 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Freedom is to have fun participating in sports. It's about being active and having fun. That's all It was to me when I played.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 15th, 2022 at 5:06:52 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Freedom is to have fun participating in sports. It's about being active and having fun. That's all It was to me when I played.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 15th, 2022 at 10:53:02 AM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
“Freedom is about forcing genital examinations on children” -righties

How is this any different than getting a physical (turn your head and cough) which is required for some sports already?
June 15th, 2022 at 11:42:38 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
How is this any different than getting a physical (turn your head and cough) which is required for some sports already?

It’s very different.

Some unhappy parent can “dispute” the sex of any child they want - forcing them to undergo an unnecessary genital probing.

Imagine some parent’s child is playing a sport. What’s to stop them from disputing the sex of every player on the opposing team? “Drop your pants kiddies, the republicans want to know what you’re packing!”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 15th, 2022 at 11:59:12 AM permalink
rxwine

My question is why change the terms depending on the issue. Is it let the local folks decide what's best for their school program or have the state government do it? If a liberal suggests schools need diversity training, suddenly that has to be decided by the legislature or governor (if he, she, or they are against it.) Otherwise stay out of our business.

A court has to rule on a actual civil rights conflict in any case. If it's a rights case then it should go to the courts to resolve, not the local district or the legislature and gov.