The Gay Thread

May 28th, 2022 at 8:06:42 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Says the guy who still wears a mask against Covid.

World wide Covid deaths to date 6,309,992.

World wide Aids deaths to date 36,300,00 according to the UN.

Aids is still hard to get
Ask any Nurse or Dr
It's simply common sense
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 28th, 2022 at 8:18:17 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Aids is still hard to get
Ask any Nurse or Dr
It's simply common sense

I am not sure that the 36 million people that have died from it would agree with your assessment.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 28th, 2022 at 8:41:25 AM permalink
terapined
I am not sure that the 36 million people that have died from it would agree with your assessment.

Some maybe through a blood transmission
But
It's still very hard to get
Maybe Soopoo can contribute
Why are you so offended? It's common knowledge It's hard to get. Why does this common knowledge offend you? Weird
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 28th, 2022 at 9:21:06 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Some maybe through a blood transmission
But
It's still very hard to get
Maybe Soopoo can contribute
Why are you so offended? It's common knowledge It's hard to get. Why does this common knowledge offend you? Weird

It is common knowledge that it is quite easy to get through the exchange of bodily fluids. A lot of people in the world find exchanging bodily fluids a fun thing to do. Apparently you don't.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 28th, 2022 at 9:49:30 AM permalink
terapined
It is common knowledge that it is quite easy to get through the exchange of bodily fluids. A lot of people in the world find exchanging bodily fluids a fun thing to do. Apparently you don't.

Let me be clear
I am not interested in your bodily fluids
It's quite the opposite
I would find your bodily fluids disgusting
May 28th, 2022 at 9:49:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I’m spreads like wildfire among gay males because they exchange fluids in tender areas where infection is easy. If you do not have gay male sex and do not share needles for dope you can mostly rest easy.
The President is a fink.
May 31st, 2022 at 7:41:30 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
I’m spreads like wildfire among gay males because they exchange fluids in tender areas where infection is easy. If you do not have gay male sex and do not share needles for dope you can mostly rest easy.

Essentially correct. All blood before transfusion is tested for the AIDS virus now. It’s why most reputable places would not allow what is known as a directed transfusion. When there is a ‘blood drive’ to help a specific individual the donations generally go to the overall pool. AIDS is hard to catch, and easy to avoid catching, IF you do not participate in the high risk activities. It is likely to turn out the same with Monkey Pox, but I’m no expert on it.

Doctors and the medical community in general take care of ALL afflicted with disease, regardless of how they got the disease. Public health policy tries to mitigate the effects of these diseases regardless of how it is spread.

I’m sure we will start hearing from some right wing loonies about how the lord is doing his work by purging some of the sinners….
May 31st, 2022 at 8:48:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
Essentially correct. All blood before transfusion is tested for the AIDS virus now. It’s why most reputable places would not allow what is known as a directed transfusion. When there is a ‘blood drive’ to help a specific individual the donations generally go to the overall pool. AIDS is hard to catch, and easy to avoid catching, IF you do not participate in the high risk activities. It is likely to turn out the same with Monkey Pox, but I’m no expert on it.

Doctors and the medical community in general take care of ALL afflicted with disease, regardless of how they got the disease. Public health policy tries to mitigate the effects of these diseases regardless of how it is spread.

I’m sure we will start hearing from some right wing loonies about how the lord is doing his work by purging some of the sinners….

I do not get the issue with a directed transfusion. Back in the 1990s I did one for my dad who was worried about the blood supply. He did not need it and I was told they tossed it after.
The President is a fink.
May 31st, 2022 at 12:23:32 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
HIV kills about 950,000 globally every year.

'Another 1.2 million deaths per year are averted with antiretroviral treatment.'

'Approximately 1.2 million people in the U.S. over the age of 13 are HIV positive. About 13 percent of them don’t know it and need testing.'
May 31st, 2022 at 12:34:14 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tanko
HIV kills about 950,000 globally every year.

'Another 1.2 million deaths per year are averted with antiretroviral treatment.'

'Approximately 1.2 million people in the U.S. over the age of 13 are HIV positive. About 13 percent of them don’t know it and need testing.'

Yawn
Deaths from HIV/AIDS have fallen by 51% during the last 20 years, moving from the world’s 8th leading cause of death in 2000 to the 19th in 2019.