The Gay Thread

May 31st, 2022 at 1:00:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko
HIV kills about 950,000 globally every year.

'Another 1.2 million deaths per year are averted with antiretroviral treatment.'

'Approximately 1.2 million people in the U.S. over the age of 13 are HIV positive. About 13 percent of them don’t know it and need testing.'

Numbers are down since Bush43 and his campaign in Africa. Some countries there were in danger of losing ability to function.
The President is a fink.
June 9th, 2022 at 12:12:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
. Texas pastor says gay people should be 'shot in the back of the head'
Pastor Dillon Awes of Steadfast Baptist Church in Watauga said gay people are dangerous to society” and “all homosexuals are pedophiles.”
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 9th, 2022 at 12:20:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Texas pastor says gay people should be 'shot in the back of the head'
Pastor Dillon Awes of Steadfast Baptist Church in Watauga said gay people are dangerous to society” and “all homosexuals are pedophiles.”

Sounds vaguely familiar to someone on this board.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 11th, 2022 at 11:45:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Gee, am i gonna have to start watching more Fox News to support the fact that they actually ran a Trans story that wasn't about stoning those "evil people"?

Several of their regular contributors are blowing a gasket. Unhappy that Fox wasn't spewing a hate message.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/fox-news-regulars-and-the-far-right-freak-out-over-fox-trans-teen-segment/ar-AAYm4ux?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=84f4cde35ff042a0a2db447eddf60bb3

Quote:
A Fox News segment highlighting a California family’s story of accepting their son’s transgender transitioning story has caught the ire of some Fox News regulars as well as the far-right fever swamps.

“California transgender teen, family hope to be an inspiration to others,” read the title of the video report from correspondent Bryan Llenas, as posted to Fox’s website. Fox News anchor Dana Perino introduced the segment on-air during her Friday morning show as part of “America Together LGBTQ+ Pride Month.”

The freakout was almost immediate.

“I have appeared on Fox News many times. I appreciate the platform they’ve given me. If what I’m about to say ruins that relationship, so be it,” tweeted The Daily Wire podcaster Matt Walsh, a Fox News regular and right-wing firebrand behind an anti-trans documentary that attempted to dupe trans teens into participating under false pretenses. “We have to call this evil lunacy out wherever we see it. Especially on our own side.”

He continued his rant, claiming that “I know for a fact that many people at Fox do not approve of this and never would have agreed to air radical far left trans propaganda,” adding that “Everyone involved should be fired immediately.”

The Daily Wire honcho Ben Shapiro, also a Fox News regular who is often approvingly cited by the network’s opinion personalities, similarly whined with a tweet: “This would be absolute despicable insane lunacy if I saw it on CNN or MSNBC. To see it on Fox News is a complete betrayal of anything remotely resembling conservatism or decency.” He also called on Fox to “terminate whomever is responsible for this agitprop abomination.”

As of Saturday morning, Donald Trump’s Truth Social platform and Telegram were also buzzing with anger.

“Fox News is cool with toddlers taking hormones,” Gavin McInnes, a hate-group leader that founded the Proud Boys, wrote on Telegram. Elsewhere both Stew Peters, a far-right shock-jock, and Lauren Witzke, a failed Delaware Republican Senate candidate, encouraged followers to spam Fox News with emails over airing the segment and moreover being “disgusting,” “satanic,” and “demonic.” “Turn Fox News OFF,” the extremist social media platform Gab further wrote.

“Fox News is DONE!” former Trump administration official and ex-Fox News contributor Sebastian Gorka wrote on Truth Social. “Fox and Twitter joining forces,” The Babylon Bee CEO Seth Dillon added.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 11th, 2022 at 11:54:40 AM permalink
rxwine
...as I've said before, there's plenty of heterosexual parents allowed to lecture, enforce any behavior they like, preach any sort of nonsense. They can also support their kids having any number of medical procedures. There's a lot of leeway to abusing kids without breaking the law. But we're going to focus on one small group of people just trying to bring up kids their own way?
June 11th, 2022 at 1:14:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
...as I've said before, there's plenty of heterosexual parents allowed to lecture, enforce any behavior they like, preach any sort of nonsense. They can also support their kids having any number of medical procedures. There's a lot of leeway to abusing kids without breaking the law. But we're going to focus on one small group of people just trying to bring up kids their own way?

Republicans are psychos. There is no other explanation.

DeSantis weighs ordering child protective services to investigate parents who take kids to drag shows

DeSantis better think carefully about this: any room his big tits enter is technically a “drag show.”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 12th, 2022 at 6:42:15 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The Independent: Truck full of masked Patriot Front extremists arrested near Idaho city’s Pride event, police say.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/idaho-patriot-front-pride-masked-men-b2099081.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 12th, 2022 at 10:31:24 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
U-Haul, for one stop shopping.

Not only can you rent a truck at U-Haul in Idaho but for a substantial donation to the "Trump in 2024" campaign you can also get as cargo a bevy of homophobic right-wing zealots you can use to "help spread the word.".

Make America Hate Again.
June 12th, 2022 at 11:15:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
U-Haul, for one stop shopping.

Not only can you rent a truck at U-Haul in Idaho but for a substantial donation to the "Trump in 2024" campaign you can also get as cargo a bevy of homophobic right-wing zealots you can use to "help spread the word.".

Make America Hate Again.

Well, given your views on religion you are an expert on hate.
The President is a fink.
June 12th, 2022 at 11:29:02 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
Well, given your views on religion you are an expert on hate.

I am an atheist, and as such I do not believe that god exists.

What has that got to do with hate?

Do you think I hate something that I do not believe exists?

Does not compute.

Perhaps you think I hate those who believe in god: if so, you'd be incorrect.

I do not hate those who believe in god, nor do I pity them: I simply disagree.

Now if you can somehow tie this to queer-bashing...