No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 24th, 2020 at 10:16:03 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
Ed has taken up the "If Trump did it it must be wrong." mantra. There is no evidence, no action, nothing Trump can do that will change Ed's mind..
LOL! 😂😂

May 25th, 2020 at 1:01:51 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
All the libbie whiners in the country really need to read this. Here's a link, but the actual author is unknown.

https://www.villages-news.com/2020/05/01/a-time-for-perspective/

Quote:
—Imagine you were born in 1900. On your 14th birthday, World War I starts, and ends on your 18th birthday. 22 million people perish in that war.

—Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until your 20th birthday. 50 million people die from it in those two years. Yes, 50 million.

—On your 29th birthday, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, the World GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy.

—When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren’t even over the hill yet. And don’t try to catch your breath. On your 41st birthday, the United States is fully pulled into WWII. Between your 39th and 45th birthday, 75 million people perish in the war.

—At 50, the Korean War starts. 5 million perish.

—At 55 the Vietnam War begins and doesn’t end for 20 years. 4 million people perish in that conflict.

—On your 62nd birthday you have the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point in the Cold War. Life on our planet, as we know it, should have ended. Great leaders prevented that from happening.

—When you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends.

Think of everyone on the planet born in 1900. How do you survive all of that?

And libbies think that the coronavirus is the end of the world. 🙄
May 25th, 2020 at 6:37:53 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Well, in America we are getting closer to two mil (about 1.7mil today) cases (and just about) 100k (98k+ today) deaths (almost certainly be over 100k the end of the month). So my number of deaths was totally off already (and probably will be off many times by the time this is over)….

The point is the numbers are far higher than anyone predicted. I thought it would be a nothing burger too when this was first on the lenses, but it is turning out to be worse than almost anyone predicted. My point is, even with the lockdowns in many areas (which have been effective), the numbers are skyrocketing.

Now that everything is open.... This weekend seems to be marking the beginning of truly foolish behavior, beaches are packed. Clubs and pool bars are packed. People are just going into about the worse areas possible with no precautions (clubs where mobs of people are girding up on each other and drinking and smoking, no masks etc....)... This is going to carry into June... We are going to hit a major spike in June and July, and then the States will start panicking again (especially as more young people start to get it), and probably go back into lockdown at some point in the summer which will make everyone go all crazy again.... My prediction is the numbers will shoot up in June if behavior continues as during this weekend, and then the panic will start all over again and lockdowns will come back, and it will be the same debate as before... Sadly many people can't be trusted to take proper precautions.

America has been leading the world in raw numbers (not scaled per capita), and pretty high when scaled per capita.
May 25th, 2020 at 6:45:17 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Well, in America we are getting closer to two mil (about 1.7mil today) cases (and just about) 100k (98k+ today) deaths (almost certainly be over 100k the end of the month). So my number of deaths was totally off already (and probably will be off many times by the time this is over)….

The point is the numbers are far higher than anyone predicted. I thought it would be a nothing burger too when this was first on the lenses, but it is turning out to be worse than almost anyone predicted. My point is, even with the lockdowns in many areas (which have been effective), the numbers are skyrocketing.

Eh? I remember hearing 1-2 million dead (not infected.) We are not even close to that.

Quote:
Now that everything is open.... This weekend seems to be marking the beginning of truly foolish behavior, beaches are packed. Clubs and pool bars are packed. People are just going into about the worse areas possible with no precautions (clubs where mobs of people are girding up on each other and drinking and smoking, no masks etc....)... This is going to carry into June... We are going to hit a major spike in June and July, and then the States will start panicking again (especially as more young people start to get it), and probably go back into lockdown at some point in the summer which will make everyone go all crazy again.... My prediction is the numbers will shoot up in June if behavior continues as during this weekend, and then the panic will start all over again and lockdowns will come back, and it will be the same debate as before... Sadly many people can't be trusted to take proper precautions.

America has been leading the world in raw numbers (not scaled per capita), and pretty high when scaled per capita.

The behavior is "normal" not "foolish." Time will tell if we hit a major spike. Given how off the former predictions are I tend to doubt it. Sadly you do not trust people to live their lives. Enjoy sitting in your house all summer.
The President is a fink.
May 25th, 2020 at 10:34:58 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
the panic will start all over again and lockdowns will come back,

Nope, we already went thru that,
won't work again. We're already
at the attitude of get sick and
die, oh well for you. I'm going on
with my life. Every day were finding
evidence that the vast majority
of people have built in immunity.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 25th, 2020 at 12:45:05 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
Nope, we already went thru that,
won't work again. We're already
at the attitude of get sick and
die, oh well for you. I'm going on
with my life. Every day were finding
evidence that the vast majority
of people have built in immunity.

Immunity in the sense that some only get a little sick, some get not sick at all, while others get very sick. It's too bad we haven't figured out which of the people reliably will fall in which category.
May 25th, 2020 at 12:48:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Immunity in the sense that some only get a little sick, some get not sick at all, while others get very sick. It's too bad we haven't figured out which of the people reliably will fall in which category.
Do you think this virus occurred naturally?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 25th, 2020 at 12:54:57 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I wonder if those that have enough immunity to make their case of Covid19 mild could have gotten that partial immunity from flu shots?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 25th, 2020 at 12:55:06 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: petroglyph
Do you think this virus occurred naturally?

I do. But I am certainly not sure about it. As i mentioned earlier, I learned about coronaviruses in Med School in the 1980's. They have been identified for decades at least. This seems like others, just more contagious and more virulent. I don't see the motive of the government of China doing this. If it was to be bioterrorism, I think they would have loaded a few people with it and sent them to 30 baseball stadiums in the USA, and just had them cough and sneeze a lot. They wouldn't have let it loose on their own population first.
Of course no one is to be trusted 100%, but our experts have said it does not have the hallmarks of being 'manufactured', however they can determine that. Since politically, our government would LOVE to be able to blame the Chinese Government, I'm betting "NO" on it not being natural.
May 25th, 2020 at 1:03:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I do. But I am certainly not sure about it. As i mentioned earlier, I learned about coronaviruses in Med School in the 1980's. They have been identified for decades at least. This seems like others, just more contagious and more virulent. I don't see the motive of the government of China doing this. If it was to be bioterrorism, I think they would have loaded a few people with it and sent them to 30 baseball stadiums in the USA, and just had them cough and sneeze a lot. They wouldn't have let it loose on their own population first.
Of course no one is to be trusted 100%, but our experts have said it does not have the hallmarks of being 'manufactured', however they can determine that. Since politically, our government would LOVE to be able to blame the Chinese Government, I'm betting "NO" on it not being natural.

In a way, I don't much care, except whatever the hell happened they need to do something about that crap and not let it happen again.

I sure hope they have decided to do something about it. Bunch of horse manure that this got that much out of control in the first place.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?