No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

February 12th, 2021 at 3:30:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
That is actually a good comparison. I was going to mention about population and demographics, but a quick google search shows that the population level is similar (within 2 mil) and both have a high elderly population. So Taiwan is doing vastly better than Florida.

I guess the fact that it is an island and they are more realistic about screening people at entry ports gives them a huge advantage. I have seen videos of people in FL losing their mind at their temperature being checked at the county library and courthouses..... I think it is fair to say people in FL are much more paranoid about screening processes.... I could be wrong but I don't think there are endless viral videos from Taiwan of adults having temper tantrums in grocery stores after being told to put a mask on or leave (sadly I cannot say the same about Florida)....

Paranoid about screening? No. It is that they see there is more danger in losing your rights forever than being worried about a china virus you have a 99.5/100 chance of surviving. If you believe Taiwan has so few deaths you will believe anything.

Give me FL over NY any day. I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.
The President is a fink.
February 12th, 2021 at 4:00:56 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: kenarman
The rate of infections per capita is higher in Florida than it is in New York. But carry on don't let the facts get in the way of your posts.

Which supports my point that being dense is not a protection against Covid.

You seem disappointed.

I was referring to the death rate in NY, which is 77% higher than it is in Florida.

But carry on. Don't let density or other facts get in the way of your posts.
February 12th, 2021 at 7:04:46 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Tanko
Which supports my point that being dense is not a protection against Covid.

You seem disappointed.

I was referring to the death rate in NY, which is 77% higher than it is in Florida.

But carry on. Don't let density or other facts get in the way of your posts.

Quote Gandler: "So far there is no proof that being dense has protected anyone in Florida from getting infected with Covid.

One reason the rate is lower in Florida, is because they don’t use mass transit by the millions, as people do in NY and NJ."

You clearly said 'infected' as you can see from the quote of your post above. Don't move the goal posts
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 12th, 2021 at 7:46:49 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Some people don't just lose their smell, but "rendering previously familiar scents and flavors rancid, like being assaulted with the overwhelming stench of rot, feces, and chemicals."

Others seem to be able to munch on raw garlic and onions with no sense of anything.

Funny thing about that, I had a flu in late 2018 that basically resulted in the same exact thing, but it was very specific. I can no longer drink coffee that has creamer in it at all whatsoever; it just always tastes awful. The smell doesn't bother me, though.

It wasn't a big deal as I drank my coffee black 90% of the time anyway. I sometimes liked peppermint creamer in it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 12th, 2021 at 10:31:12 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
Quote Gandler: "So far there is no proof that being dense has protected anyone in Florida from getting infected with Covid.

One reason the rate is lower in Florida, is because they don’t use mass transit by the millions, as people do in NY and NJ."

You clearly said 'infected' as you can see from the quote of your post above. Don't move the goal posts

Yeah I have no clue where you are getting that "quote" from, I never said anything like that.....

I am pretty sure the reason that is typed instead of actually quoted is because I never said that or even anything along those lines (so even saying "paraphrasing" instead of "quote" ....would be unfair)....
February 12th, 2021 at 11:57:04 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: Gandler
Yeah I have no clue where you are getting that "quote" from, I never said anything like that.....

I am pretty sure the reason that is typed instead of actually quoted is because I never said that or even anything along those lines (so even saying "paraphrasing" instead of "quote" ....would be unfair)....

It was Tanko's quote. Homie's a little confused. No biggie. It's Friday.
February 13th, 2021 at 3:13:57 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: Tripdufan
It was Tanko's quote. Homie's a little confused. No biggie. It's Friday.

"So far there is no proof that being dense has protected anyone in Florida from getting infected with Covid."

It was meant as a joke. I suppose the meaning got lost in the translation.
February 13th, 2021 at 10:00:03 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
It is hilarious what the media considers ‘news’. Article states that 4 Oregonians got COVID-19 even after being vaccinated!!! Like that is unexpected for a vaccine that is 95% effective!
February 13th, 2021 at 11:01:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
It is hilarious what the media considers ‘news’. Article states that 4 Oregonians got COVID-19 even after being vaccinated!!! Like that is unexpected for a vaccine that is 95% effective!

Were you calling it out as not news when Trump said "*******e countries" in a closed meeting? Because that was far less news than a vaccine sold to protect the world not working as advertised.
The President is a fink.
February 13th, 2021 at 11:12:23 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I have a question that I hope our resident hospital expert can answer but everyone else feel free to jump in.

BC has had a total of 1288 Covid related deaths to date. In 2020 BC had 1716 drug overdose deaths. Why do the Covid deaths cause so many problems in the hospitals they cause society to lockdown when the OD deaths don't seem to cause a problem?

Another comment on those figures, is it a record high number of OD deaths but they have been a problem for years. I am sure putting all that additional Covid money in peoples hands while they have little to do has nothing to do with it.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin