No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

February 13th, 2021 at 4:22:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
What case can you cite that local mask mandates violate your rights?

I do not need to "cite a case." It is clear as day. Violates my rights and violates the rights of anyone who wants to run a maskless business. And we saw in Buffalo recently where cops barged in on people having a meeting because some busybody called the cops just to be a mask bully. You want to know how fascists and communists get people to turn each other in? You are living it right now.

Quote:

If you are speaking of internationally travel it is well known that you lose many rights coming across the border (for example you can be detained and searched for any reason when entering the country, and a GPS can even be placed on you for up to 72 hours without a warrant), so you already do not have many rights coming into the country even as a citizen. Nobody has an issue with any of this. How do tests for international travel differ? How would they violate a right when other "searched" do not?

Funny on international travel. Americans can get screened but Beijing Biden is letting in illegal aliens no questions asked! So do not try to tell me it is about "the common good." It is about control. Maskers are submitting to control.
The President is a fink.
February 13th, 2021 at 4:28:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
A sheep obeys even complete nonsense not for logic but to avoid punishment.

For instance, there is nothing that should affect your opinion as a juror should you choose to wear a collarless shirt, or keep your hat on. But Judges and courts have their particular dress code. Much of it is completely meaningless as far as your ability to be a juror.

But like a sheep, people obey not for logic, just because of punishment.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 13th, 2021 at 4:39:04 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine

But like a sheep, people obey not for logic, just because of punishment.

Some would argue avoiding punishment is logical.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 13th, 2021 at 5:06:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
Some would argue avoiding punishment is logical.

But you can only prove you're not a sheep by not avoiding punishment for illogical reasons. That's where heroes come in.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 13th, 2021 at 5:13:25 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
I do not need to "cite a case." It is clear as day. Violates my rights and violates the rights of anyone who wants to run a maskless business. And we saw in Buffalo recently where cops barged in on people having a meeting because some busybody called the cops just to be a mask bully. You want to know how fascists and communists get people to turn each other in? You are living it right now.

You actually do if you are claiming that they are violating the law or constitution. Otherwise you are just claiming "rights" that are not in existence....

Funny on international travel. Americans can get screened but Beijing Biden is letting in illegal aliens no questions asked! So do not try to tell me it is about "the common good." It is about control. Maskers are submitting to control.

How is President Biden letting people in with no questions asked? The border still exists and is guarded....

I am not sure what masks, flying internationally, and border policy have in common?

I am submitting to science. If a mask lowers my risk of infection and the wearing of masks by others lowers the risk, it makes me feel safe to be in a store where it is required. I live in a state where it is not a mandate (and never has been). But, I will choose to go to businesses that require customers to wear masks. You have a right to go to stores where people don't. It makes me safer (and feel safer) and that is what matters to me. You can choose to go to business that do not require masks or temperature checks that is your right. However, it is not your right to demand entry into a store after being told to leave the property for not putting a mask on.....

Quote: terapined
I'm travelling all over the country safely
Many RV parks, no human interaction.
Its not needed
I pull in. My spot already paid for over the phone or internet
I arrive, there is a packet waiting for me outside the office with a map and site number

That is different you are driving in your property by yourself. You are not demanding to be let on a private airline after refusing to take a test. That sounds like a very safe and responsible way to travel. I have no issue with people travelling. I do have an issue with people feeling they are entitled to fly on an airline with no mask.....
February 13th, 2021 at 8:12:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
What case can you cite that local mask mandates violate your rights?

Do you have a right to travel on a private airline? I am not aware of any testing requirements in-country.

If you are speaking of internationally travel it is well known that you lose many rights coming across the border (for example you can be detained and searched for any reason when entering the country, and a GPS can even be placed on you for up to 72 hours without a warrant), so you already do not have many rights coming into the country even as a citizen. Nobody has an issue with any of this.
You are incorrect about this.

I've fought against warrantless searches for decades. Didn't help much, but I do very much resent being forcefully searched.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 14th, 2021 at 4:19:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman

I am submitting to science. If a mask lowers my risk of infection and the wearing of masks by others lowers the risk, it makes me feel safe to be in a store where it is required.

Your "submitting to science" has been very selective. For example, if you believed in science you would not believe there are more than 2 gender and you would not believe people could change their gender. By the way, did you not see that they are calling for you to wear TWO masks because the science people are now saying one does not provide protection? IOW, the science people said what I have been saying for 10 months or so now!

If you submitted to science you would understand you only have a 1/200 of dying if you catch it. You are not submitting to science, you are submitting to both fear and the political class that is scaring everyone.
The President is a fink.
February 14th, 2021 at 4:22:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman

How is President Biden letting people in with no questions asked? The border still exists and is guarded....

Not so much. He brought back catch and release. He is also not trying to get Mexico to stop the convoys of OTMs at the border.

If he is not locking the border down tight then I am not taking seriously anything he says about the need to prevent the spread.
The President is a fink.
February 14th, 2021 at 6:17:21 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

(Quote clipped, relevance)

I've actually got a funny story along these lines!

I'm picking up my fiancee from work a couple of weeks ago and there was a lady coming out of a nearby establishment. For whatever reason, the parking lot was pretty full, so this lady decided that she was going to illegally park in a non-parking spot.

As she was inside of the establishment in question, a different vehicle drove up and parked behind her in such a way as to prevent her from backing out. I have no idea why the guy would do that, but that's what he did.

The lady emerged from the business in question and removed her mask; I assume she first went to her car. At that point, I assume she noticed the car behind her and (according to him) went and knocked on the window to ask him to move.

This daffodil guy who chose to block her in the first place gets out of his SUV and FLIPS OUT on this lady because she'd approach his car without wearing a mask. He had a mask on, but keep in mind that he didn't have to roll down his window for her and could have simply backed out---or not blocked her vehicle in the first place.

Next thing you know, the two of them are squared off in the driving area of the parking lot (backing up people who are just trying to drive out) absolutely screaming at each other. She's saying the things you'd expect a Republican to say and he's saying the sort of things you'd expect a snowflake Millennial with a penchant for drama to say; they're also both recording the other on their phones.

At that point, I decided it would be more fun to intervene:

Mission (Rolling down window): Hey, what the hell are you two doing? Rehearsing for a Youtube video? People are trying to get out.

Crazy Yelling Lady: This @$$hole won't let me out!

Snowflake Guy: Come look at this!

Crazy Yelling Lady: Yeah, come look!

Mission: Okay, let me grab my mask really quick...

Crazy Yelling Lady: Oh my ^$*$#%^*%^&$ God!!! You too with the damn mask!!!???

Mission: I can wear a mask if I feel like it. It looks like you're recording, anyway, so I'd prefer to have it on for that reason. Besides, that guy seems pretty upset that you're not and I wouldn't want to cause him to have a coronary.

I decided to approach the snowflake guy first as the crazy lady had wandered off yelling to nobody in particular about everyone wearing masks...

Mission: What's the problem, guy?

Snowflake Guy: Look at this, this lady is parked illegally, so I blocked her. She can't just park wherever she wants to. After that, she came up to me without a mask and she still doesn't have a mask on.

Crazy Yelling Lady (To Me): YOU....YOU make him move!!! Both of you with these stupid masks!!! I can't drive over that curb!!! Make him move, RIGHT NOW!!!

Mission: I will address you when I'm done talking to this guy; you keep quiet until then.

Mission (To the guy): There are two things wrong with what you are saying. The first one is that you complain of this lady being parked illegally, so you blocked her in, but you are not in a parking spot AND are out of your car, so you are also parked illegally---

Snowflake Guy:---Yeah, but---

Mission: Shut up, @$$#o!3, I hadn't gotten to my second thing yet. The second thing is that you're complaining about this lady not wearing a mask, but if you would get in your car and let this clearly insane lady (not because of the mask, but because she's nuts) leave, then she would not be outside or near you anymore, and therefore her not having a mask on would be of no possible concern.

Snowflake Guy: I know that, but SHE needs to know she's supposed to wear a mask.

Mission: Says who?

Snowflake Guy: Government mandate.

Mission: Wrong. There's nothing that says you have to wear a mask outside.

Snowflake Guy: Still, you have to take into consideration...

Mission: Just shut the hell up and move your car.

Anyway, at that point the snowflake went to yell at crazy lady some more. He really wanted to yell at her and she him (because she could have very easily went forward over a very small curb...and she had parked illegally...that much was true) and my fiancee came out and asked me just to go with her back to the car.

About two minutes later, there were about five or six cars backed up trying to get out (and blocking me from backing out of my spot), because they were standing in the middle again, and some representatives of a nearby business were trying to negotiate a truce between snowflake and crazy lady.

Eventually, a police car finally starting pulling in, which by itself was enough encouragement for these two idiots to break it off.

I'm sorry that this story doesn't have a moral or a message. Pretty funny, though.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 14th, 2021 at 7:50:02 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: petroglyph
You are incorrect about this.

I've fought against warrantless searches for decades. Didn't help much, but I do very much resent being forcefully searched.

What warrantless searches? At the border? This has long been allowed.

“That searches made at the border, pursu-ant to the longstanding right of the sovereign to protect itself by stopping and examining persons and property crossing into this country, are reasonable simply by virtue of the fact that they occur at the border, should, by now, require no extended demonstration.”
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution-conan/amendment-4/valid-searches-and-seizures-without-warrants

This has virtually been the case since the first congress.
https://www.loc.gov/law/help/statutes-at-large/1st-congress/session-1/c1s1ch5.pdf

Your "submitting to science" has been very selective. For example, if you believed in science you would not believe there are more than 2 gender and you would not believe people could change their gender. By the way, did you not see that they are calling for you to wear TWO masks because the science people are now saying one does not provide protection? IOW, the science people said what I have been saying for 10 months or so now!

If you submitted to science you would understand you only have a 1/200 of dying if you catch it. You are not submitting to science, you are submitting to both fear and the political class that is scaring everyone.

Two masks offer more protection. Of course, the more physical barriers there are the better (being being a glass panel is even better). Two masks mostly refer to cloth masks which alone offer less protection. Of course N95s and higher grade masks/respirators this is not necessary because they are designed to be form fitting with few gaps. One mask is better than none (even cloth masks), for the simple fact that it protects others from when you exhale, cough, etc....

I know several people who have caught it. I know none that have died, but all were seriously incapacitated for weeks (and these are healthy in shape young people), some have ongoing effects. It does not look fun, and I do not want to catch it and I will happily do anything that even slightly lowers my risk.

As for your two genders comments, this is not a position that I talk about much, but you seem to imply in your posts that I have some kind of hard stance on it. I think transgender people (whatever gender they identify as) have rights to do what they wish, and I don't have an issue with this, I think its basic decency.

There are some specific issues such as contact sports and who should be eligible for what league where I think competitively there are strong cases to be made for more studies, but I don't have a firm stance, this is an issue that continues to be evaluated by Courts, and I will end up resecting the decision of law and science. But, personally I want a more gender-neutral world, so I don't have a huge problem with it, but its also not something I spend a lot of time on. I think the world would be better in general if we get rid of "men's" and "women's" leagues, clubs, events, etc....

Not so much. He brought back catch and release. He is also not trying to get Mexico to stop the convoys of OTMs at the border.

If he is not locking the border down tight then I am not taking seriously anything he says about the need to prevent the spread.

I have no problem with catch and release until their court date generally speaking. I do have an issue with no COVID testing in the current environment that we are in.

Everyone who enters the country (even citizens) need a COVID test before being allowed entry:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-testing-required-us-entry.html