No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

February 13th, 2021 at 11:18:52 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: kenarman
I have a question that I hope our resident hospital expert can answer but everyone else feel free to jump in.

BC has had a total of 1288 Covid related deaths to date. In 2020 BC had 1716 drug overdose deaths. Why do the Covid deaths cause so many problems in the hospitals they cause society to lockdown when the OD deaths don't seem to cause a problem?

Another comment on those figures, is it a record high number of OD deaths but they have been a problem for years. I am sure putting all that additional Covid money in peoples hands while they have little to do has nothing to do with it.

Easy answer. The infrastructure is already in place to take care of all non COVID 19 hospital needs. COVID-19 is on top of those pre existing needs. Also, I am guessing the average hospital stay for an OD death is far less than 1. Most ODs that will die are found already dead. The extreme majority of COVID-19 deaths occur after a hospital stay. Just a total GUESS, but maybe average of 10 days for those that die?
February 13th, 2021 at 1:16:16 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Paranoid about screening? No. It is that they see there is more danger in losing your rights forever than being worried about a china virus you have a 99.5/100 chance of surviving. If you believe Taiwan has so few deaths you will believe anything.

Give me FL over NY any day. I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

Screening does not violate your rights. And, in any case the Supreme Court has ruled that during epidemics/pandemics police powers of the states can be used for more extreme measures (such as mandatory vaccines in 1905). So it is likely the Court would rule the same way for any protocols in place for States (which are far more tame than during past pandemics....) (For the case in 1905 that was an epidemic, so its not unreasonable that the Court would rule in favor of the State during a pandemic even is stricter measures were taken.....)

https://www.oyez.org/cases/1900-1940/197us11
February 13th, 2021 at 2:19:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Screening does not violate your rights. And, in any case the Supreme Court has ruled that during epidemics/pandemics police powers of the states can be used for more extreme measures (such as mandatory vaccines in 1905). So it is likely the Court would rule the same way for any protocols in place for States (which are far more tame than during past pandemics....) (For the case in 1905 that was an epidemic, so its not unreasonable that the Court would rule in favor of the State during a pandemic even is stricter measures were taken.....)

https://www.oyez.org/cases/1900-1940/197us11

Uh, telling me I have to take a screening test before doing basic things is taking away my rights. To say "bit it is for the common good" is to be a sheep.
The President is a fink.
February 13th, 2021 at 2:29:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Uh, telling me I have to take a screening test before doing basic things is taking away my rights. To say "bit it is for the common good" is to be a sheep.

What makes you think you're not a sheep already? I'm sure you obey many laws you disagree with.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 13th, 2021 at 2:44:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
What makes you think you're not a sheep already? I'm sure you obey many laws you disagree with.

Obeying laws is not being a sheep. Willingly giving up basic rights "for the common good" is being one. Being a mask-believer no matter how pointless is being one. Blindly believing that we need to hide at home is being one.
The President is a fink.
February 13th, 2021 at 3:34:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Obeying laws is not being a sheep. Willingly giving up basic rights "for the common good" is being one. Being a mask-believer no matter how pointless is being one. Blindly believing that we need to hide at home is being one.

You obey laws that aren't even as justified as for the common good. So welcome to sheepdom. You're essentially bleating from the oven and thinking you aren't one of ones cooking.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 13th, 2021 at 3:44:11 PM permalink
Gandler

What rights do screenings take away?

The Supreme Court has precedent that it is not a 14th amendment violation.... You can't just say "my rights" without citing any that you have....
February 13th, 2021 at 3:54:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
What rights do screenings take away?

The Supreme Court has precedent that it is not a 14th amendment violation.... You can't just say "my rights" without citing any that you have....

Well, for starters there are proposals to limit my travel if I do not get a screening or/and a vaccine. This whole thing is a conformity test. The maskers have failed miserably.
The President is a fink.
February 13th, 2021 at 4:01:00 PM permalink
Gandler
Well, for starters there are proposals to limit my travel if I do not get a screening or/and a vaccine. This whole thing is a conformity test. The maskers have failed miserably.

What case can you cite that local mask mandates violate your rights?

Do you have a right to travel on a private airline? I am not aware of any testing requirements in-country.

If you are speaking of internationally travel it is well known that you lose many rights coming across the border (for example you can be detained and searched for any reason when entering the country, and a GPS can even be placed on you for up to 72 hours without a warrant), so you already do not have many rights coming into the country even as a citizen. Nobody has an issue with any of this. How do tests for international travel differ? How would they violate a right when other "searched" do not?
February 13th, 2021 at 4:21:33 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Do you have a right to travel on a private airline?

I'm travelling all over the country safely
Many RV parks, no human interaction.
Its not needed
I pull in. My spot already paid for over the phone or internet
I arrive, there is a packet waiting for me outside the office with a map and site number
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"