1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

August 27th, 2021 at 10:59:48 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Mission146
Oh, good.

That's not nice, Mission, tap dancing on this guy's grave.

While I see irony here I also see no joy.

Just a guy dying for his principles, right or wrong: something Americans have done for centuries.
August 27th, 2021 at 11:02:33 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee

Just a guy dying for his principles, right or wrong: something Americans have done for centuries.

Yeah, he's a true martyr. That would matter, if his principles weren't fundamentally stupid and he wasn't such a butthole.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 27th, 2021 at 11:15:46 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Yeah, he's a true martyr. That would matter, if his principles weren't fundamentally stupid and he wasn't such a butthole.

Woke up one the wrong side of the bed today Mission?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 27th, 2021 at 11:16:45 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: kenarman
Woke up one the wrong side of the bed today Mission?

Yeah, but unlike the subject in question, I did wake up.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 27th, 2021 at 11:19:53 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

I wish this forum had a like button.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 27th, 2021 at 11:21:45 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Touche'
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 27th, 2021 at 11:21:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You could flag posts and keep insisting it’s the “like” button.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 27th, 2021 at 11:31:12 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee

I agree. The guy was young and naive and believed that his silly religion would protect him. To say you're happy that he died says more about who you are than about who he was. In fact it speaks volumes about who you are.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 27th, 2021 at 11:40:47 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Disregarding Evenbob's apparent schadenfreude double standard, in comparison to his other posts, here's the way I see it:

For the sake of argument, we will assume the following things are true:

1.) Masks are generally ineffective.
2.) The vaccine is generally ineffective.
3.) The Government should NOT mandate masks.

I happen to agree with Item #3, just for the record, and would prefer it to be left up to individual businesses. The Government could obviously regulate masks at Government owned and controlled properties, of course. I also think that the masks are more than 0% effective, but not as much so as people may have been led to believe.

Okay, assuming all of those three things are true:

1.) We have video of this guy yelling at and threatening legal action against an employee of some establishment. This employee is a captive party---whether or not this guy would have the stones to yell at a non-captive party---or another man---is something I question.

2.) We can assume that the masks were being required by way of some sort of Government order.

3.) If not #3, then we can assume that the entity in question required the masks of its own accord.

4.) We can assume, given that this employee was staffing a counter, that she was some low-level employee.

5.) We can assume that said employee, whether by Government or by entity, was not solely responsible---and likely not in any way responsible---for deciding the mask-wearing policies for that location.

6.) This guy yelled at her and threatened her with legal action anyway. He also refused, initially, to show her whatever document that he claimed to have when she requested it.

7.) Incorrectly, he also claimed that her asking him was a HIPAA violation, which it definitely isn't, because she is not his medical provider. A HIPAA violation occurs when your medical provider unlawfully discloses your medical information to a third-party, without your consent, and for none of the exempted reasons to do so.

8.) However, this guy would not know what a HIPAA violation is or is not, because he was an idiot.

Now he is a dead idiot, which I see as a positive development. The fact that he died in an ironic way has no bearing on my feelings. I tend to assume that his existence was likely a net negative for those who had the misfortune of interacting with him, particularly those who were strangers to him----because we have seen how he is willing to directly treat people he doesn't know and who are just trying to do their jobs.
August 27th, 2021 at 11:59:38 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Read this for a laugh:

https://sanangelolive.com/news/live-thought/2021-04-10/opinion-saisd-rescind-all-covid-related-policies-immediately

That was written by the dead idiot, of course. Grammatical issues aside, his main point of argument is the low mortality rate due to Covid-19 of those infected between the ages of 0-17. He adds (to the detriment of his goal) that any number of children in that age range were asymptomatic, and as a result, the mortality rate is likely even lower due to all of the unreported cases in that age range. Unreported, of course, because they had it and were not tested for it.

That's very bad for his argument because it points out that even MORE children likely acted as carriers for COVID-19 without ever knowing they had it in the first place. His argument also seems to assume that the only concern is that of children 0-17 dying of Covid-19, which completely ignores the real concern of transmissibility to other folks who could come down with a serious case of Covid-19.

I'm not even necessarily saying his position that the kids shouldn't have to wear masks is an indefensible one; I'm saying that the defense he had presented demonstrates that he was an idiot.