No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

August 27th, 2021 at 1:54:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Without a study, you can't even demonstrate that what you have proposed is a rule. You can't even demonstrate that it should be considered generally true.

It would be intellectually dishonest not to agree with your, "For all you know," statement, of course. On the other hand, since the apparent standard of debate is that we can declare whatever we want to be a, "Fact," I declare that there is no God and that I am not in Purgatory or Limbo right now.

I am stating what I have observed. Look at the difference in behaviors in the "Bible Belt" states of the south vs. the "Atheist Belt" states of the West Coast. Who wants to hide at home and wear masks "between bites" at a restaurant and who prefers to live a normal life with just basic precautions?

Asking for a "study" is for the intellectually lazy. It is for people on campus. I live in the real world where you must think for yourself.
The President is a fink.
August 27th, 2021 at 1:57:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
I am stating what I have observed. Look at the difference in behaviors in the "Bible Belt" states of the south vs. the "Atheist Belt" states of the West Coast. Who wants to hide at home and wear masks "between bites" at a restaurant and who prefers to live a normal life with just basic precautions?

Asking for a "study" is for the intellectually lazy. It is for people on campus. I live in the real world where you must think for yourself.

“Living a normal life with basic precautions” in the Bible Belt means double wrapping it before you bang your sister.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 27th, 2021 at 1:58:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Naw, Duffman, you’re missing the part where Christians are always praying for healing. And then if they die, a horribly painful death, they still thank god.

The resignation they show is when they realize god did nothing to heal them, and they can’t do anything more about it.

God is not always going to heal you, sometimes he is going to call you home. Prayer does work for some people and good for them.

See, the problem is some people think God is going to give whatever you ask for, and when it does not happen they get upset. You are not supposed to pray to "be healed" you should instead pray for "the strength to find your way through the problem."

But now I am working Fr Gamble's side of the street, wherever he has been.
The President is a fink.
August 27th, 2021 at 2:04:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Good for Texas. I have noticed that atheists are way more "afraid" of the china virus than those with some kind of belief. People with a belief are more content, more likely to think that they will do what they can to survive.

If only this were true. Atheists are not afraid, we're just more practical. When you see a train coming you get out of the way. Way too many Christians rely totally on their faith to save them and do little or nothing to stay out of the way of a virus. Like that anti mask anti-vaccine guy in Texas. Like my devout Baptist sister-in-law that was anti mask and gave everybody in the van covid. She survived and thinks it was Jesus that saved her. Her sister-in-law that she gave covid to is now on a respirator and probably won't live and she thinks Jesus is letting her die because she got vaccinated. You really can't make this stuff up nobody would believe it. The woman who is dying is the wife of a Baptist minister who has an entire church praying for her to no avail.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 27th, 2021 at 2:20:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If faith and lack of fear of death is the bomb, then those islam extremists blowing themselves up proves how sensible faith and lack of fear of death really is. They absolutely love death even when they're healthy.

(Did you like the pun? "is the bomb" =As slang for something excellent, the phrase is attested since the 1960s)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 27th, 2021 at 2:26:24 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

Yeah, wanting proof of a statement: The pinnacle of intellectual laziness.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 27th, 2021 at 2:29:17 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
God is not always going to heal you, sometimes he is going to call you home. Prayer does work for some people and good for them.

See, the problem is some people think God is going to give whatever you ask for, and when it does not happen they get upset. You are not supposed to pray to "be healed" you should instead pray for "the strength to find your way through the problem."

But now I am working Fr Gamble's side of the street, wherever he has been.

That’s not evidence of, “Prayer working,” it’s evidence that the thing they prayed for happened.

I could hit a 240k jackpot vulturing Ultimate X and attribute it to the fact that I eat a plum every morning, and that statement would make no less sense.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 27th, 2021 at 2:44:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
Yeah, wanting proof of a statement: The pinnacle of intellectual laziness.

Asking for a "study" instead of offering alternative proof on your own is intellectually lazy.
The President is a fink.
August 27th, 2021 at 2:46:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
If only this were true. Atheists are not afraid, we're just more practical.

Ever hear the saying, "There are no atheists in foxholes?"
The President is a fink.
August 27th, 2021 at 2:51:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Ever hear the saying, "There are no atheists in foxholes?"

If they all held the same religion as true that would mean something.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?