No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

August 27th, 2021 at 12:11:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146

1.) We have video of this guy yelling at and threatening legal action against an employee of some establishment. This employee is a captive party---whether or not this guy would have the stones to yell at a non-captive party---or another man---is something I question.

That’s the kind of thing that helps earn someone a “Karen” title. Throwing a tantrum at a low level employee who’s doing his /her job. It’s also rather pussified, as low level employees generally have to suck it up.

Now if the employee seems to be obviously failing simple customer service norms, that’s different.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 27th, 2021 at 12:13:34 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
That’s the kind of thing that helps earn someone a “Karen” title. Throwing a tantrum at a low level employee who’s doing his /her job. It’s also rather pussified, as low level employees generally have to suck it up.

Now if the employee seems to be obviously failing simple customer service norms, that’s different.

Nothing that I could see in that video. Did you watch it? It's the second video from Terapined's link. She just asked him to wear a mask or show proof he didn't have to. The service that he claimed to want was also available via the drive-thru.

You should look for the wife's Facebook post. There are a lot of people praying for the family. Prayer seemed to work really well the first time, so I guess we will have to see how that goes.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 27th, 2021 at 12:19:25 PM permalink
rxwine

You should look for the wife's Facebook post. There are a lot of people praying for the family. Prayer seemed to work really well the first time, so I guess we will have to see how that goes.

God has to put his phone on ignore once in awhile, so he can enjoy the millions of angels screaming praises at him forever.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 27th, 2021 at 12:58:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
God has to put his phone on ignore once in awhile, so he can enjoy the millions of angels screaming praises at him forever.

The belief that there is a god looking out for you and has your back often has dire consequences. As this guy in Texas found out. His widow has apparently smartened up, she is not begging a god to help her, she started a GoFundMe page. Texas has been the new buckle on the Bible Belt for about 25 years now.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 27th, 2021 at 1:17:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
The belief that there is a god looking out for you and has your back often has dire consequences. As this guy in Texas found out. His widow has apparently smartened up, she is not begging a god to help her, she started a GoFundMe page. Texas has been the new buckle on the Bible Belt for about 25 years now.

Good for Texas. I have noticed that atheists are way more "afraid" of the china virus than those with some kind of belief. People with a belief are more content, more likely to think that they will do what they can to survive but if their number is up their number is up. Atheists OTOH are more worried about death, seeing it as the end of everything and wanting perfect security to unmask.
The President is a fink.
August 27th, 2021 at 1:21:03 PM permalink
rxwine
I might start marketing a “prayer cloth” like Peter Popoff. You send out a little piece of cloth that’s been embedded with a prayer, and then healing will occur or money will fall out of the sky.

It probably helps if you send them a small donation.
August 27th, 2021 at 1:21:18 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Good for Texas. I have noticed that atheists are way more "afraid" of the china virus than those with some kind of belief. People with a belief are more content, more likely to think that they will do what they can to survive but if their number is up their number is up. Atheists OTOH are more worried about death, seeing it as the end of everything and wanting perfect security to unmask.

When did that happen? I assume that you have a study you can cite. If you're going off of anecdotal evidence, I'm Agnostic and I'm not concerned about Covid-19 at all, so go ahead and stick me on the opposite side of your claimed overall findings.

I'm only hoping that my strong belief that death is the end of everything having anything to do with me is correct. I obviously don't see my death as, "The end of everything," as that notion is ridiculous. There are things that predate my existence and will be things after I am gone.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 27th, 2021 at 1:27:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
When did that happen? I assume that you have a study you can cite. If you're going off of anecdotal evidence, I'm Agnostic and I'm not concerned about Covid-19 at all, so go ahead and stick me on the opposite side of your claimed overall findings.

Study? I am not a college professor, I work for a living. I do not spend my days looking for "studies." I make observations and draw intelligent conclusions. As Tom Leykis used to say, just because you are an exception to the rule does not change the rule.

Quote:
I'm only hoping that my strong belief that death is the end of everything having anything to do with me is correct. I obviously don't see my death as, "The end of everything," as that notion is ridiculous. There are things that predate my existence and will be things after I am gone.

For all you know you are in Purgatory or Limbo right now.
The President is a fink.
August 27th, 2021 at 1:31:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Good for Texas. I have noticed that atheists are way more "afraid" of the china virus than those with some kind of belief. People with a belief are more content, more likely to think that they will do what they can
to survive but if their number is up their number is up. Atheists OTOH are more worried about death, seeing it as the end of everything and wanting perfect security to unmask.

Naw, Duffman, you’re missing the part where Christians are always praying for healing. And then if they die, a horribly painful death, they still thank god.

The resignation they show is when they realize god did nothing to heal them, and they can’t do anything more about it.
August 27th, 2021 at 1:31:51 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Study? I am not a college professor, I work for a living. I do not spend my days looking for "studies." I make observations and draw intelligent conclusions. As Tom Leykis used to say, just because you are an exception to the rule does not change the rule.

For all you know you are in Purgatory or Limbo right now.

Without a study, you can't even demonstrate that what you have proposed is a rule. You can't even demonstrate that it should be considered generally true.

It would be intellectually dishonest not to agree with your, "For all you know," statement, of course. On the other hand, since the apparent standard of debate is that we can declare whatever we want to be a, "Fact," I declare that there is no God and that I am not in Purgatory or Limbo right now.