No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 5th, 2021 at 5:50:33 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: AZDuffman
Hoping I didn’t pick something up this week. My mother was sick and had think I caught a cold. If I die from the China virus give my money to the dog shelter.
If you do, please don't deny it on your deathbed, else the dog shelter misses out. :o)
November 5th, 2021 at 6:31:16 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Kind of a celebrity quarterback and was seen as smart due to hosting Jeopardy
Now thats all over
Look up dumb jock in the dictionary and you will see his pic now lol

Seen on Twitter:

“Aaron Rodgers didn’t get the Jeopardy gig, but he still ended up becoming a host.”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 5th, 2021 at 6:49:55 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Pandemic is over for me. I wear a mask when required but other than that life is 100% back to normal.

So it’s quite amusing to see EB constantly try to stoke fear. You’re about a year too late there, bud. The rest of us have moved on.

The numbers in BC hospitals are now about 50/50 between vaccinated and unvaccinated. The odds of dying once in the hospital are about the same. A few factors in play though, the seniors were vaccinated first in BC and that is over 6 months ago and they are just rolling out boosters now. 85% of the people are vaccinated so odds of getting sick are not same for the 2 groups (about 7 to 1). Most people ending up hospital are old or have other health issues. BC still has a mask mandate while in any public place unless eating or drinking.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 5th, 2021 at 6:53:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"A course of pills developed by Pfizer can slash the risk of being hospitalized or dying from COVID-19 by 89% if taken within three days of developing symptoms, according to results released Friday by the pharmaceutical company."

The pills I would take.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 5th, 2021 at 8:54:50 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: kenarman
The numbers in BC hospitals are now about 50/50 between vaccinated and unvaccinated. .

As to covid only, or general population?
November 5th, 2021 at 11:17:18 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
The numbers in BC hospitals are now about 50/50 between vaccinated and unvaccinated. The odds of dying once in the hospital are about the same. A few factors in play though, the seniors were vaccinated first in BC and that is over 6 months ago and they are just rolling out boosters now. 85% of the people are vaccinated so odds of getting sick are not same for the 2 groups (about 7 to 1). Most people ending up hospital are old or have other health issues. BC still has a mask mandate while in any public place unless eating or drinking.

Just did a quick search
Pretty obvious the vaccine works
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-update-nov5-1.6238378
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 6th, 2021 at 7:44:41 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: missedhervee
As to covid only, or general population?

Covid only
November 6th, 2021 at 7:57:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
I hope you are taking the suggested vitamins, C and Zinc. They have learned a lot about treatment. You firmly believe you have a better than 98% chance of winning, so win it.

15Xs the daily recco of each just now. I have to fix a light fixture in my rental but the furnace is also out there so I do not want to be in the cold and start coughing. Lying or sitting still I seem to be mostly fine.
The President is a fink.
November 6th, 2021 at 7:57:49 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: terapined
Just did a quick search
Pretty obvious the vaccine works
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-update-nov5-1.6238378

The CBC article you quote is using the age adjusted data. The raw data is available at the BC Ministry of Health. I indicated in my post that many were seniors. I presented the data to show that the simplified claim that was once true 'most people in hospital with Covid are not vaccinated' is not true. I point out in my post even using the raw data with no age adjustment the per capita rate is 7 times as many unvaccinated as vaccinated. The age adjustment can be done several different ways depending on how you want to massage your outcome.
November 6th, 2021 at 11:24:24 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
15Xs the daily recco of each just now. I have to fix a light fixture in my rental but the furnace is also out there so I do not want to be in the cold and start coughing. Lying or sitting still I seem to be mostly fine.
Is there an occupant? Why not hire a professional if you think you may be carrying a bug?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW