No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 15th, 2022 at 4:35:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
It sucks that the unvaccinated are taking up too many hospital beds. Get the shot. This is all preventable.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/13/my-bile-rises-as-im-asked-to-move-my-dying-cancer-patient-out-of-icu-to-make-room-for-an-unvaccinated-man-with-covid
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 15th, 2022 at 5:01:20 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Same thing I said before, hospitals should just stop admitting Covid-only patients; problem solved. Vaccinated, unvaccinated, doesn't matter.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 15th, 2022 at 6:43:50 AM permalink
terapined
White House press secretary Jen Psaki: “You are 17 times more likely to go to the hospital if you’re not vaccinated, 20 times more likely to die.”

PolitiFact's ruling: True
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 15th, 2022 at 6:48:45 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Mission146
Same thing I said before, hospitals should just stop admitting Covid-only patients; problem solved. Vaccinated, unvaccinated, doesn't matter.
What, even if they are paying customers? What happened to supply and demand?

I have no sympathy for those whose ignorance directly leads them to hog an ICU bed that is needed by a more 'deserving' patient. But I don't go along with black and white 'let em die' solutions. Triaging is always going to be nuanced and I could not do it. What we need is some way of reducing the ignorance while accepting that ignorance is endemic. We see that in the tiny sample that is this forum.

What about..... And I haven't thought it through......

Allocate a set percentage of wards and resources to Covid. Be generous. Segregate it.
Have a two queue system. A manageable queue for non covid patients. They get served in a timely manner.
And the covid queue for treatment: Let that go around the car park with all the sickos coughing and dying while they wait. Many of the sickos will be the ant vax idiots, but collateral damage will be the immune compromised who did everything right. Supply and demand could brutally enter the equation. Anyone dying in the long covid queue could bid for a bed of his choice.

None of that is practical, and I don't advocate it, because next we have separate queues for the morbidly obese, the adventurers, the port swilling gout sufferers, the addicted, the poor, the unkempt, the [insert minority you wish to pick on]
January 15th, 2022 at 7:01:11 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: terapined
White House press secretary Jen Psaki: “You are 17 times more likely to go to the hospital if you’re not vaccinated, 20 times more likely to die.”

PolitiFact's ruling: True
To be fair, she was quoting pre omicron data from October
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/jan/12/jen-psaki/data-suggests-unvaccinated-are-20-times-more-likel/?s=09

Politifact acknowledges that weakness
Quote: politifact
The most complete data available from the CDC and research from Texas support this claim. While those studies are based on data collected prior to omicron variant spreading in the U.S., early data from New York and Seattle in December and January continue to suggest a significant gap between the experiences of the unvaccinated and the vaccinated who become infected.

We rate this claim True

Even now, we have scant evidence of the sickness and mortality rates of omicron in the unvaxxed. I invite anyone to bring forth that data. Not to compare vaxed to unvaxxed but to compare delta unvaxxed to omicron unvaxxed
January 15th, 2022 at 7:04:02 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: OnceDear
What, even if they are paying customers? What happened to supply and demand?

I have no sympathy for those whose ignorance directly leads them to hog an ICU bed that is needed by a more 'deserving' patient. But I don't go along with black and white 'let em die' solutions. Triaging is always going to be nuanced and I could not do it. What we need is some way of reducing the ignorance while accepting that ignorance is endemic. We see that in the tiny sample that is this forum.

What about..... And I haven't thought it through......

Allocate a set percentage of wards and resources to Covid. Be generous. Segregate it.
Have a two queue system. A manageable queue for non covid patients. They get served in a timely manner.
And the covid queue for treatment: Let that go around the car park with all the sickos coughing and dying while they wait. Many of the sickos will be the ant vax idiots, but collateral damage will be the immune compromised who did everything right. Supply and demand could brutally enter the equation. Anyone dying in the long covid queue could bid for a bed of his choice.

None of that is practical, and I don't advocate it, because next we have separate queues for the morbidly obese, the adventurers, the port swilling gout sufferers, the addicted, the poor, the unkempt, the [insert minority you wish to pick on]

Maybe we need covid only clinics
The medical establishment is already starting to do this with other services
I had a colonoscopy done
This was done at a huge Colonoscopy clinic
That's all they do. This is where my Doc does his colonoscopys
I felt like I was part of an assembly line as I look left and right and everybody is being prepped for the colonoscopy
Hundreds of Colonoscopys day after day and no other service provided here.
January 15th, 2022 at 7:26:20 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: terapined

Maybe we need covid only clinics
The medical establishment is already starting to do this with other services
I had a colonoscopy done
This was done at a huge Colonoscopy clinic
That's all they do. This is where my Doc does his colonoscopys
I felt like I was part of an assembly line as I look left and right and everybody is being prepped for the colonoscopy
Hundreds of Colonoscopys day after day and no other service provided here.
Can't be much fun working there. "How was work today dear?" " same s**t different day"
$:o)
January 15th, 2022 at 7:30:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Colonoscopy

ASS-embly line. Heh,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 15th, 2022 at 2:09:43 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: Mission146

And fat people with Diabetes.
Lung Cancer patients as well.
All the cardiovascular disease patients as well unless they can prove they exercised for 60 minutes three times a week.
Where do you want to draw that line Mission? F'em them all?
Let's just stop doing healthcare for everyone, because 98% of your health issues are self induced via your behavior.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
January 15th, 2022 at 2:16:42 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: JCW09
And fat people with Diabetes.
Lung Cancer patients as well.
All the cardiovascular disease patients as well unless they can prove they exercised for 60 minutes three times a week.
Where do you want to draw that line Mission? F'em them all?
Let's just stop doing healthcare for everyone, because 98% of your health issues are self induced via your behavior.

Draw the line at covid unvacinated
These people going for Herman Cain awards are not in the hospital due to lifestyle
They are in the hospital due to pure stupidity
Big difference
Utterly preventable