No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 8th, 2022 at 1:56:12 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Tanko
It often helps to clear History and Cookies when a paywall prevents access to an article.

If you are using the Safari browser you can often read the blocked article using Reader View. Doesn’t work everywhere but it works a lot of places including NYT.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
March 8th, 2022 at 2:12:30 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: JimRockford
If you are using the Safari browser you can often read the blocked article using Reader View. Doesn’t work everywhere but it works a lot of places including NYT.

NYT is behind a pay wall for me
Same for the Wash Post
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 8th, 2022 at 2:23:56 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: RonC
Weird. My Google search about CDC not releasing Covid data pulled it up and I could read it. I cannot going from the link here.

Mostly that the CDC decided not to release data that could have helped other organizations better fight Covid. Effectiveness of vaccine in age groups (possibly negating need for boosters) and areas that may need more attention than others.

I’d rather you get a full look at the article, though…

"For more than a year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has collected data on hospitalizations for Covid-19 in the United States and broken it down by age, race and vaccination status. But it has not made most of the information public.

When the C.D.C. published the first significant data on the effectiveness of boosters in adults younger than 65 two weeks ago, it left out the numbers for a huge portion of that population: 18- to 49-year-olds, the group least likely to benefit from extra shots, because the first two doses already left them well-protected.

The agency recently debuted a dashboard of wastewater data on its website that will be updated daily and might provide early signals of an oncoming surge of Covid cases. Some states and localities had been sharing wastewater information with the agency since the start of the pandemic, but it had never before released those findings.

Two full years into the pandemic, the agency leading the country’s response to the public health emergency has published only a tiny fraction of the data it has collected, several people familiar with the data said."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/20/health/covid-cdc-data.html

I don't get a pay wall when I google "cdc not releasing covid info" but it when it goes from here...
March 8th, 2022 at 2:25:03 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: terapined
NYT is behind a pay wall for me
Same for the Wash Post

Yes I understand. I was describing a way to get past a paywall if you are using the Safari browser.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
March 9th, 2022 at 2:18:13 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: JimRockford

Tried that. Went to View - Show Reader. Only showed first two paragraphs.
March 9th, 2022 at 2:37:03 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: RonC
"When the C.D.C. published the first significant data on the effectiveness of boosters in adults younger than 65 two weeks ago,

After more than one year, none of these first generation vaccines have been updated. They could be obsolete at this point. No more effective than injecting saline solution.
March 9th, 2022 at 11:19:25 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
After more than one year, none of these first generation vaccines have been updated. They could be obsolete at this point. No more effective than injecting saline solution.
I'm about due for a re-up, are you saying the first gen vaccines are weak?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/02/14/universal-covid-vaccine/

"By the time scientists know whether those rebooted vaccines are effective and safe, omicron is expected to be in the rearview mirror."

"By now, rebooting vaccines to match a new variant is becoming part of scientific muscle memory. Drug companies made vaccines to fight beta, delta and now omicron. None of those shots have been needed yet, but to many scientists, it is a short-term, shortsighted and unsustainable strategy.

“You don’t want to play this whack-a-mole approach,” said David R. Martinez, a viral immunologist at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. “This could go on forever."
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 10th, 2022 at 4:15:05 AM permalink
Tanko
Crime Pays

New York State’s first marijuana licenses will go to those with criminal histories.

Only those with criminal records need apply.
March 10th, 2022 at 5:04:13 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Crime Pays

New York State’s first marijuana licenses will go to those with criminal histories.

Only those with criminal records need apply.

It's payback for BS arrests
Nobody should be arrested for possession
It's BS
Let's change the laws
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 10th, 2022 at 1:04:08 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Anyone seen Dr. Fauci?