The City on Fire

June 27th, 2020 at 10:05:35 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tanko
Officer, Mayor, and now an Assistant Principal in Staten Island is under investigation for posting those same words.

Its a sad state of affairs....
June 27th, 2020 at 10:14:07 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: AZDuffman
This is how liberals treat people. They do not like what they hear they will try to destroy the person. Sadly the cop is hardly the first. The post is several years old at least. It makes a mockery of the "white privilege" that keeps getting claimed.

Vote Democrat if you want more people treated this way.

Of course, liberals believe he is talking about blacks -- any time a white person mentions someone having $200 sneakers and a lot of kids, they must be talking about a black person
June 27th, 2020 at 2:03:57 PM permalink
Gandler
The chief wants to protect his house and pool more than his men.

Sadly this is true. Many leaders in local government act tough and say "we will watch out for our own" and then instantly back down once the Mayor or Council people start complaining....

I'll be honest this made me lose all respect in him....
I think he and the Mayor also made a spectacle with kneeling with the Protestors March in front of the camera a few weeks ago (which they not only allowed, but lead, while fining businesses for having more than a few people in at a time during that same time period). Pure politcal hypocrisy...

This whole situation is making me lose trust and respect in a lot of people I thought even if I didn't love, at least had common sense....
June 29th, 2020 at 6:39:02 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler

This whole situation is making me lose trust and respect in a lot of people I thought even if I didn't love, at least had common sense....

Very naive of you to have respect for the masses.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 29th, 2020 at 7:25:38 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: DRich
Very naive of you to have respect for the masses.

I was speaking about specific individuals locally.
June 29th, 2020 at 7:25:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

That is part of getting older and the maturation process. Gotta get rid of the TB syndrome and see reality for what it is.
The President is a fink.
June 29th, 2020 at 1:40:15 PM permalink
Gandler
That is part of getting older and the maturation process. Gotta get rid of the TB syndrome and see reality for what it is.

I honestly have no idea what TB syndrome means (I am assuming its not tuberculosis).
June 29th, 2020 at 2:17:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I honestly have no idea what TB syndrome means (I am assuming its not tuberculosis).

TB = "TRUE BELIEVER"

It is from the movie "Primary Colors."

In this case it means as you get older you learn that all those GOO GOO ("Good Government") platitudes you hear are nonsense and government is really 90% full of people of one level of corruption or another looking out for themselves. For example, you hear Democrat pols say how much they want to help "the poor" and "minorities" but their policies are designed to keep both groups down as much as possible to insure a voter base.

Sure a few will rise up, but the ghetto neighborhoods do not improve because of their policies. They stay the same, decade after decade. The people there are happy over a few trinkets. Meanwhile the local pols feed at the trough and gorge themselves with all kinds of perks. Sooner or later, hand-picked new faces make new promises and the cycle repeats.
The President is a fink.
June 30th, 2020 at 5:13:19 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Democrats have run many large American cities for years...some more than 50 years...and now they want you to think that they are actually going to make things better. Look around at the lawlessness they are allowing right now--looting, vandalism, attacks on the police, ceding areas to the groups. etc.--and ask yourself are they really going to address any racial issues or just cave into to pressure to take funds from the police and inhibit the ability of police to do their job.

Do we need police reform? Yes. We sure do. I just don't trust the same ones who have let it happen to make the changes necessary.

Do we need changes in racial relations. Yes. We sure do. These very same groups in leadership have allowed it to get worse and worse in their cities.

The change that is needed could result in statues being removed with appropriate approvals but it will amount to nothing unless education, attitudes, crime, housing issues, the family unit, etc. are all addressed. Take the flag off public property--great...do nothing about the real issues that will help change the next hundred years of America's history...and nothing will really happen to fix things.

Real change takes hard work. It is easy to say you are for change. The proof is in real actions. I am more than willing to work on real actions.

Republicans are far from perfect but it is a farce to say Democrats have done much better over the years.
June 30th, 2020 at 10:03:58 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: RonC

Do we need changes in racial relations. Yes. We sure do. .

Good luck with that. I remember
the 50's and 60's. To get from
the race relations we had then
to where we are now took decades
and decades. It's not how Whites
look at Blacks, it's the other way
around.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.