RV life with Terapined

September 19th, 2020 at 1:28:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
What was truly fascinating was the collection of nooses actually used and the accompanying newspaper article regarding the hanging.

More proof people collect just about anything. Not anywhere near unique, but reminded me of visiting a house where the guy had wall to wall beer cans and bottles- all different kinds. I have a feeling he had those cans and bottles much longer than he had a wife.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 21st, 2020 at 8:52:52 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Ed, where is the next city you plan to stay in?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 21st, 2020 at 9:00:36 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Ed, where is the next city you plan to stay in?

In Tulsa for a few days then staying on 66 to OKC
Loving the cool nights and warm days
Checked out the Gilcrease museum.
Pretty incredible Remington bronze pieces. The detail is amazing.
Gift shop had some copies for sale. 10k. Most expensive item I've ever seen in a gift shop.
They told me they sell 1 a year.
Loving 66. Fascinating. Real Americana
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 21st, 2020 at 9:13:34 AM permalink
DRich
In Tulsa for a few days then staying on 66 to OKC
Loving the cool nights and warm days
Checked out the Gilcrease museum.
Pretty incredible Remington bronze pieces. The detail is amazing.
Gift shop had some copies for sale. 10k. Most expensive item I've ever seen in a gift shop.
They told me they sell 1 a year.
Loving 66. Fascinating. Real Americana

About the only thing I remember from Oklahoma City is the Cattleman's steakhouse. It is famous because it is right in the stockyards and has quite a history. I like it because it was completely different than what I was expecting. Anymore when I hear steakhouse I am thinking high end and expensive. Cattleman's is quite different. It is more like a diner and has seating at the counter or at a booth.

Edit: Obviously I forgot about the Murrah Federal building bombing. That is definitely worth a stop.
September 21st, 2020 at 7:50:29 PM permalink
terapined
About the only thing I remember from Oklahoma City is the Cattleman's steakhouse. It is famous because it is right in the stockyards and has quite a history. I like it because it was completely different than what I was expecting. Anymore when I hear steakhouse I am thinking high end and expensive. Cattleman's is quite different. It is more like a diner and has seating at the counter or at a booth.

Edit: Obviously I forgot about the Murrah Federal building bombing. That is definitely worth a stop.

One my neighbors, a local, told me the only good thing about OKC is leaving OKC
I mentioned the Murrah Building. He Said, OK, thats an hour, what else you gonna do

I am finding OK and Tulsa roads crap. Everything is a patchwork. I'm bouncing all over the place. crazy. Its as if there is no such thing as repaving. Just repair and move on. sucks. I mentioned this to my neighbors who are locals. They nodded, said money in OK and Tulsa not well spent.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 24th, 2020 at 5:47:40 PM permalink
terapined
Just landed in OKC
No doubt I'm in oil country
Got a huge Pumpjack just up the road.
Its actually pretty neat
September 24th, 2020 at 6:17:27 PM permalink
DRich
Just landed in OKC
No doubt I'm in oil country
Got a huge Pumpjack just up the road.
Its actually pretty neat

If you drive 30 miles south to Norman you can catch the Oklahoma-Kansas St football game on Saturday.
September 24th, 2020 at 7:05:58 PM permalink
terapined
If you drive 30 miles south to Norman you can catch the Oklahoma-Kansas St football game on Saturday.

They are selling tickets?
Fans are allowed in?
I've been to college games, really crowded
No thanks. I value my life. In the age of the virus, no crowds for me
Anyway
Best seat in the house is in my camper in front of a TV. I always keep the fridge well stocked with food.
September 24th, 2020 at 7:22:47 PM permalink
DRich
They are selling tickets?
Fans are allowed in?
I've been to college games, really crowded
No thanks. I value my life. In the age of the virus, no crowds for me
Anyway
Best seat in the house is in my camper in front of a TV. I always keep the fridge well stocked with food.

Good point, I have no idea if they are selling tickets.
September 25th, 2020 at 1:19:16 PM permalink
terapined
Just visited the banjo museum. Loved it since I am a huge Bela Fleck fan
Checked out the Memorial to the bombing. Very moving.

Kind of interesting in my travels learning about extreme violence, all from white people. Visited Birmingham, also know as Bombingham due all the bombs. Not a single arrest
Police dont like to arrest the police. Visited Tulsa and learned how whites totally destroyed Black wall street. Now I'm in OKC, another white guy kills 168 including toddlers.