RV life with Terapined

May 30th, 2022 at 1:36:25 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Just had some fried chicken from one of the top Amish restaurants in the area
Wow
Best fried chicken I've ever had
Better then Gus
Of course the green beans sucked but that's to be expected. I ordered them to even out the meal. Always try to eat some veggies with dinner. Only Asians cook string beans correctly leaving some crunch
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 30th, 2022 at 2:03:46 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

Best fried chicken I've ever had
Better then Gus

Can you share the restaurant name? I get to Indiana every couple of years.

My wife was in Nashville a couple weeks ago and said she had the best chicken wings ever. That is enough of a reason for me to want to go back to Nashville.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 30th, 2022 at 2:18:50 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
Can you share the restaurant name? I get to Indiana every couple of years.

My wife was in Nashville a couple weeks ago and said she had the best chicken wings ever. That is enough of a reason for me to want to go back to Nashville.

Sure
Massive Restaurant. I think it's the largest restaurant in the state.
Das Dutchman Essenhaus
So big they have 2 separate restaurants
The buffet restaurant and the traditional order restaurant
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 30th, 2022 at 2:32:06 PM permalink
DRich
Sure
Massive Restaurant. I think it's the largest restaurant in the state.
Das Dutchman Essenhaus
So big they have 2 separate restaurants
The buffet restaurant and the traditional order restaurant

Have you tried the two Amish restaurants in Sarasota? I haven't made it yet but my family has and liked them.
May 30th, 2022 at 2:35:00 PM permalink
terapined
Have you tried the two Amish restaurants in Sarasota? I haven't made it yet but my family has and liked them.

I visited Sarosota once and that's it
A lot of high end stores
I had no idea Sarasota had Amish
May 30th, 2022 at 2:35:01 PM permalink
terapined

A lot of high end stores
May 30th, 2022 at 2:48:47 PM permalink
DRich
A lot of high end stores

https://www.yodersrestaurant.com/

https://dhgroup.com/restaurants/der-dutchman-sarasota-fl
June 2nd, 2022 at 4:40:15 PM permalink
terapined
Wow
Michigan has some really great Marijuana prices
I was taken aback how cheap an ounce is
70 bucks
I bought 45 dollars of edibles
30 pieces
They threw in a free 1/8 of flower
Liking this state
June 2nd, 2022 at 6:09:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Wow
Michigan has some really great Marijuana prices
I was taken aback how cheap an ounce is
70 bucks
I bought 45 dollars of edibles
30 pieces
They threw in a free 1/8 of flower
Liking this state
I haven't used in a few years now, but yeah that is really a cheap price. If it keeps going down it might get to the price of ditch week like when I was a kid? They'd have to start planting it with tractors to do that though. Wow, 70 bucks..
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 3rd, 2022 at 5:07:58 PM permalink
terapined
I went to the horse auction here in Shipshewana. Sign out front said no photos. Probably to make the Amish comfortable. The regular auction arena was being painted so it was held in a massive barn where they store the horses. It's huge, probably could hold a thousand. Only about a 100 at this auction. The massive barn had a wooden upper level walkway throughout the entire place so you can get a great view of the livestock. A real mixture of Amish, blue collar with baseball caps and cowboys. Many could be Mennonite but harder to spot them since no rules on clothes. I love how the small Amish boys are dressed just like their Dads. Straight trousers, nice plain color shirt, suspenders and nice hat. The kids are so sharp looking , appropriately dressed for Church rather then a barn. A lot of horses are former harness racers. Perfect to pull a buggy. Unlike a car, they cant hurt anybody in an accident. They tend to stay home because everything farther in a buggy. I was surprised at the miniature horses for sale. Apparently very popular among the Amish. Training wheels for the kids. They start early learning how to take care of a horse and ride it. Other horses for sale were the big huge sturdy ones they use on the farm fields to pull equipment in teams. Quite a few no sales as the bids did not meet the reserve. Didn't stay long, allergies and asthma acted up. Guess I'm not a barn person.