Stop the Steal!

Thread Rating:

February 17th, 2023 at 10:34:59 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Sure, they lied, but even so I have to wonder to what degree Dominion has actually been damaged?

What, governments don't want to buy their product any more because of the lies?
February 17th, 2023 at 11:02:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
Sure, they lied, but even so I have to wonder to what degree Dominion has actually been damaged?

They invested in the lawsuit just to get this far. What would that be worth?

I don’t think Fox or anyone else would have done anything to repudiate what lies they supported otherwise.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 17th, 2023 at 5:55:42 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee

How much is defamation worth?
Hard to say
Its like pain and suffering
The Sandy Hook parents scored against Alex Jones.
I think most people agree with the verdict and amount
Hard to say about defamation.
No doubt Dominion employees suffered from harassment and death threats
I think in the end Foxnews is gonna pay and pay big
Dominion has an incredibly strong case. So strong it warrants punitive damages
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 20th, 2023 at 8:09:07 AM permalink
terapined
John Oliver always nails it :-)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/john-oliver-says-fox-news-viewers-should-feel-betrayed-by-hosts-texts-like-big-bird-texting-f-them-kids-and-elmo-agrees/ar-AA17Iq66?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=b3d6aee535384b8aad016e501d0b2a97

"Wow, if I were a Fox Viewer, I'd feel pretty betrayed by that," Oliver said. "This is like finding out that Big Bird regularly texts Elmo 'F— them kids' and Elmo agrees!"
"This finding shows the degree to which Fox hosts did not believe the s— that they were selling, which is completely fine, if you work for QVC and you have to fill an hour on why a bejeweled squatty potty will change your life," Oliver mocked. "But it's a bit more concerning when you pretend

Dominion may get this summary judgement
The evidence is so overwhelming
Textbook defamation
fox will pay a lot
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 20th, 2023 at 8:11:45 AM permalink
terapined
dup deleted
February 22nd, 2023 at 11:35:43 PM permalink
missedhervee
Egad.

Trump no is peddling logoed H2O, cleverly called "Trump Ice."
February 23rd, 2023 at 7:21:36 AM permalink
missedhervee
Errata: My bad, it is something he did in the past, not the present.
February 27th, 2023 at 7:06:00 AM permalink
terapined
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/they-lied-to-you-fox-news-rejects-ad-spotlighting-tucker-carlson-laura-ingraham-s-texts-from-dominion-lawsuit-per-report/ar-AA17Zthz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=7d40e8157ab94a0294b08e929d8eec47&ei=12
‘They Lied to You!’ Fox News Rejects Ad Spotlighting Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham’s Texts From Dominion Lawsuit Per Report

Well yea. cant have foxnews viewers confused. They probably have no idea Fox lies to them. Foxnews is not allowed to report on the Dominion Lawsuit

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fox-news-howard-kurtz-dominion_n_63fbcea2e4b0735bf87890be
Fox News Anchor Says Network Is Barring Him From Covering The Dominion Lawsuit
"I believe I should be covering it, it’s a major media story, given my role here at Fox," Howard Kurtz said on "MediaBuzz."
February 27th, 2023 at 3:10:57 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

Well yea. cant have foxnews viewers confused. They probably have no idea Fox lies to them. Foxnews is not allowed to report on the Dominion Lawsuit

I am convinced that all news sources are biased and lie.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 28th, 2023 at 6:49:13 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/they-lied-to-you-fox-news-rejects-ad-spotlighting-tucker-carlson-laura-ingraham-s-texts-from-dominion-lawsuit-per-report/ar-AA17Zthz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=7d40e8157ab94a0294b08e929d8eec47&ei=12
‘They Lied to You!’ Fox News Rejects Ad Spotlighting Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham’s Texts From Dominion Lawsuit Per Report

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fox-news-howard-kurtz-dominion_n_63fbcea2e4b0735bf87890be
Fox News Anchor Says Network Is Barring Him From Covering The Dominion Lawsuit
"I believe I should be covering it, it’s a major media story, given my role here at Fox," Howard Kurtz said on "MediaBuzz."

Circular and unsurprising. You tell the Evangelical mouth-breathers the nonsense they want to hear, then the Evangelical mouth-breathers cite you in their arguments as you are, technically, a news source. You tell the Evangelical mouth-breathers more of what they want to hear...

That's just the nature of the beast---because I believe it, it must be incontrovertibly true. Start with an absolute conviction that God is real, for one thing. You think that's the only thing that they'd believe without proof?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman